The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travellers

+3
Pr4wn
BigPhil
David Tails
7 posters

Go down

Travellers Empty Travellers

Post by David Tails Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:58 pm

This is possibly only a BBC Scotland thing.

Basically they are following a family of travellers around the country and showing the treatment they receive etc.

Going by the way they are filming it, I think I am supposed to feel sympathy for these folks. It's failing. The are kicking off at the locals for reporting them because the locals must be "racist". Nonsense! The locals don't want people messing up their parks etc.

One of the fathers has previously chased folk off with a chainsaw and is claiming it was self-defense of a racist attack against his family. His statement of the event..."There were 8 of them and 1 of me and I'm the violent and dangerous 1?" Yes. 8 of them....1 of you WITH A CHAINSAW. Moron.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Travellers Empty Re: Travellers

Post by BigPhil Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:14 pm

I've not seen it, but I can relate your point on the way they film these shows. Showing the travellers in a good light reminds me of that atrocious Big Fat Gypsy Weddings programme which made out as if the traveler community was this jolly subculture who always look out for themselves with their rules and traditions. They were also presented as some sort of entertainers because they're 'different' and we're merely the boring ones watching it on television. In fact its just a bunch of inbred morons who should really just get a mortgage and stop feeling victimized.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:32 pm

The thing that they showed a lot of last night was the fact that the families cleaned up after themselves before they left the area.

I'm sorry, but that was done purely for the cameras. I live in Aberdeen and have seen some of the sites they featured on last nights show...they do not leave them in a clean state.

The entire time I was watching it, I was swallowing back the urge to shout at the TV about the hypocrisy of it. They were calling the locals narrow minded and closed off. They then went on to call them racist for not respecting the way they live their lives. Isn't that a little pot kettle black there?

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Tue 19 Apr 2011, 4:41 pm

Completely agree with that point, all they do is litter private land and then feel victimized whenever they get stopped. They're paranoid about how the press treats them and if they feel like everyones out to get them then they should clean their act.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 19 Apr 2011, 4:46 pm

David, you're such a racist.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 19 Apr 2011, 4:53 pm

Pr4wn wrote:David, you're such a racist.

Not at all. I have explained this many times, I hate everyone indiscriminately!

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 19 Apr 2011, 4:55 pm

David Tails wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:David, you're such a racist.

Not at all. I have explained this many times, I hate everyone indiscriminately!

You're a textbook Scot!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Tue 19 Apr 2011, 5:50 pm

Not all of us Scots hate everyone. 99% of us hate everyone but not all of us do.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Tue 19 Apr 2011, 5:59 pm

I've never seen this programme but I no what travellers are like first hand. I grew up in a small village where we used to have an annual Pictish music fetival but it only lasted for about 6 years or so before the travellers started using it as an excuse to stay on the land. The fetival lasted a weekend but the travellers would stay for months, steal from the shops get drunk in the pubs and break windows and their dogs killed alot of the local livestock as well. We even had a murder when a body was found with it's throat cut in a tent up the hill where they were staying. It was a nightmare when they were around it really was.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Wed 20 Apr 2011, 11:02 pm

Have to say, the amount of times the Police in the show visited them(in Montrose was it?)was ridiculous.

That is harassment no matter what you feel about Travellers.

I've dealt with them when I worked in a Leisure Centre in Midlothian. Their campsite was along a tarmac path that ran throught the countryside to the other side of a nearby town and they were annoying when in the pool, misbehaving & stuff but I spoke to quite a few of them - they recognised me as I cycled along the path to work every day - and they had some of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

One of them was really good looking and always smiled but she was sleeping with her cousin. By her own admission.

They get a bad rep, but only some of them rightly so. They're like teenagers.

camerajuan

https://www.youtube.com/user/pondguard22?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 20 Apr 2011, 11:54 pm

I watched the programme DT. The ones that were in Dyce with the chainsaw are closer to me now in Ellon. My bird is scared senseless to park her car at the Park and Ride where they've parked up. Every Gypsy site that I have seen and watched go past has been left in a complete mess and we pay for the clean up.

They don't pay tax, they steal, and are genuine nuisances. I don't care what any of you say if you think I am Racist but these people should feck off.

Rant Over Ok!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:08 am

I agree with Aberdeen on this one the travellers are a menace with no respect for people or their property.
I was in Montores and saw them there. Me and my wife went for a meal and the restaurant looked out over where they were camped. Where they were is used by dog walkers and kids, we saw one guy drive his van across the across the play area at high speed, even though the camp was not that far from the road he took the longest way to get to the road. Another guy dragged stuff from his caravan, set fire to it and left it to burn, that's when the police turned up.
I can't stand these scroungers they do my head in.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

Fekkin gypos, make me sick. That said theres a permanent campsite in Alva a few miles from where I grew up and I did'nt even know it was there till 2 years ago so guess they kept their head down. But I'm out east now and theres rakes of trouble with them at least once a year and they stole my father-in laws car and trashed it

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 21 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

The thing about the permanent campsites thought Tip is that they normally are managed to a certain degree. If they are maintained then they aren't such a nuisance.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down