The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation on Wrestlemania 29 Location / Edge HOF

+5
AberdeenSteve
User Name
Kay Fabe
Holymiky
theundisputedY2D2
9 posters

Go down

Speculation on Wrestlemania 29 Location / Edge HOF Empty Speculation on Wrestlemania 29 Location / Edge HOF

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:01 pm

There's speculation that Wrestlemania 29 could emanate from Toronto, Ontario, Canada along with rumours that Edge and Trish Stratus could be 2 of the inductees into the Hall of Fame.

No doubt that they both deserve to be in there, but do you think the Rated PG Superstar could be bitten by the wrestling bug for one more match in his hometown?

How would you feel about him coming out of retirement for one more marquee match?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Speculation on Wrestlemania 29 Location / Edge HOF Empty Re: Speculation on Wrestlemania 29 Location / Edge HOF

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

It depends honestly on what condition he is in, i wouldn't want him wrestling if he was risking his life. I would love to see him wrestle if fit though of course.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Speculation on Wrestlemania 29 Location / Edge HOF Empty Re: Speculation on Wrestlemania 29 Location / Edge HOF

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

Yeah obviously nobody wants him putting himself at risk, I was just thinking along the lines of it being almost 2 years away, which would give him a lot of time to heal up. So if he looked after himself in the interim there's a possibility he could manage another match.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:07 pm

If that's the case and he can heal up then i would love to see one more match from Edge mate Smile

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:13 pm

I don't think Edge is at a stage where he cant return, I think he just quite rightly took the safest option, two years down the line I could definitely see him have a match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:14 pm

Me too mate, it would be a bit more like going out on his own terms, which he deserves.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:18 pm

Edge vs. Christian maybe?

Or maybe even Jericho?

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:20 pm

Maybe an E & C reunion?

For example, Christian gets into a bit of bother with a tag team or 2 random guys then Edge comes in to save him.

"We'll see you at Wrestlemania!" yadda yadda yadda, job's a good 'un!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:22 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Maybe an E & C reunion?

For example, Christian gets into a bit of bother with a tag team or 2 random guys then Edge comes in to save him.

"We'll see you at Wrestlemania!" yadda yadda yadda, job's a good 'un!

This ^

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:31 pm

By the WM29 comes round he should be alright to have 1 match in him, i think its just the constant competing that has forced him to retire.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:33 pm

I agree with Y2 also. If it was to be a tag team it could mean minimal involvement for him and all he'd need to do is a few spears and trademark crazy eyes. Sorted thumbsup

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:13 pm

I seriously doubt he will come out of retirement for one more match. I'd love it if he could but I really do doubt it.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:16 pm

Since when did you guys become doctors???

He's done the right thing & I hope he keeps his word a la Shawn Michaels, for the sake of his health

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:20 pm

Brady12 wrote:Since when did you guys become doctors???

He's done the right thing & I hope he keeps his word a la Shawn Michaels, for the sake of his health

Yeah if he does stay out of the ring then fair enough but if he feels he has a match in him and wants to do it then thats fair enough.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:33 pm

I suppose it's the very nature of the fickle modern day wrestling fan... Guys like Flair are panned for competing beyond their prime yet when a guy has to retire due to medical reasons all you blood thirsty hounds want is 'one more match'

I ask you all to wikipedia 'Tom Billington' if you don't know who he is

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:07 pm

I don't think it's being bloodthirsty Brady, I just think it's a natural reaction to losing a wrestler who was cut short in their prime years and also having seen others come back from 'career ending injuries' to wrestle again.

I'm not for a second making light of Edge's condition, and I would never advocate a return for one more match just to sate the fans' appetites, when he could be putting his long term health (or even his life) in danger.

But we have seen in the past that, given time, even career ending injuries can heal and it is possible for wrestlers to step foot in a wrestling ring again. Shawn Michaels is the prime example and even Steve Austin has said recently that he could have as many as 2 or 3 matches left in him if he so desired. The operative words there are 'if he so desired'. Not me, not you, not any other fan but the man himself.

I just looked at Edge's situation, how he felt his retirement "wasn't on his terms" and how in 2 years time Wrestlemania will be from his home town, where there's a very good chance that he'll be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Are you telling me that he won't feel tempted to don the tights for one night only?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:30 pm

It's a very hypothetical question at this stage, I'm sure if all this turns out to be true then without knowing Edge personally it's conceivable he could be lured back by the chance to have that adrenaline rush one more time...I just hope he doesn't risk his health to appease the fans or worse still Vince

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:33 pm

That's what i was saying Brady, granted he will have some time to relax and stuff so if he is cleared and he is happy to do so why not have 1 more match.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:37 am

Brady12 wrote:It's a very hypothetical question at this stage, I'm sure if all this turns out to be true then without knowing Edge personally it's conceivable he could be lured back by the chance to have that adrenaline rush one more time...I just hope he doesn't risk his health to appease the fans or worse still Vince

Absolutely agree, this is all purely hypothetical and there are a lot of 'ifs' involved, heck it hasn't even been confirmed that Wrestlemania 29 will be in Toronto. It would take a lot; the earth would have to rotate on a 47-degree axis so the stars could smuck the sky and create a equalax ( Wink ) in order for Edge to even consider an in-ring return. But when you hear other wrestlers talk about the adrenaline rush of performing in front of the fans, and then you look at the situation that could be facing Edge then I think there's a decent chance he could do something, but it will all depend on his health.

Hopefully Edge will be in a position to consider it, because that will mean his health has improved, but hopefully if he does have a decision to make he puts his own well-being first.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUnknownOne. Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:05 pm

I could see it..

TheUnknownOne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 20 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

Edge stated in his goodbye address that had he competed in the ladder match at ER then he may have landed wrong and never been able to walk out the ring.

IF he is fit enough, then what about mentally? Would he mentally be able to put the thought of landing wrong to the back of his mind? And would WWE make sure that the match type woulnt put him in ANY form of jeopardy?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down