The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11

5 posters

Go down

Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11 Empty Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:53 am

Ipswich VS Norwich Match Preview
21/4/11 Ko 7:45
Listen on 5 live and local radio
watch, highlights on Football league show and Late Kick off east

Ipswich Team News
Leadbitter was concussed during the Bristol city game. Kennedy has a slight hamstring strain. Wickham has a minor back injury. Mcauley has a slight injury on his ankle..

Possible starting 11
Lee barratt Edwards Mcauley Delaney O'Dea(possibly Kennedy if fit) Norris Bullard Leadbitter (maybe healy if leadbitter is not match fit)Carson Scotland Wickham

Norwich Team News
Chris Martin will not be involved until a reserves fixture has been arranged. There are no new injury concerns for Lambert to worry about. Wilbraham and Barnett are both out for the remainder of the season

possible starting 11
Ruddy,R.Martin,Ward,Whitbread,Tierney,Crofts,Fox,Lansbury,Hoolahan,Holt,Jackson

Notes from Press conference
Press conference - PL: 'wait and see' on Holt's fitness. Hasn't heard anything re: Sam Vokes and possible recall to Wolves
PL on team: They are playing without fear and with great confidence at the moment. They have been terrific all season
PL: 'I know how important a derby is to the fans. We will be going there looking to try and win'
'I thrive on the pressure' says PL
We're all looking forward to it - Wes Hoolahan talks to the media ahead of tomorrow's big derby http://yfrog.com/h28z2byj

Last Meeting-was a 4-1 win for Norwich on home soil back in november with Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan scoring the goals for Norwich and Delaney scoring for the visitors with a crowd of 26,532 breaking the all seater record for Carrow Road

Last Game at Portman Road- was a 3-2 win for Ipswich back in april 2009 with Gio dos Santos ,Quinn and Stead doing the damage for the home team with David Mooney and Sammy Clingan scoring for the visitors

Current Records

Ipswich Town
Ipswich have won 17 drawn 8 and lost 17 scoring 56 and conceeding 58 so far this season leaving them in 12th position heading into the game

Norwich City
Norwich have won 20, drawn 14 and lost 8 so far this season leaving them in 3rd position going into the game

Officials
J MOSS
M Bull And N Kinsley
4th Official-W Linden

Match Odds from ladbrokes.com
Home win (Ipswich) 6/4
Draw 23/10
Away win (Norwich) 9/5...

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Wed 20 Apr 2011, 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Officials Added & press conference notes added)

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11 Empty Re: Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:56 am

Thanks to priskinoursaviour for providing team news and predicted line up for Ipswich Town thumbsup

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11 Empty Re: Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 19 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

MATCH REVIEW
IPSWICH 1 NORWICH 5

Norwich City smashed their arch enemy Ipswich Town at Portman Road with a scintillating display that will have City fans dreaming of the Premier League.

The Canaries had by far the better chances before deservedly taking the lead on 13 minutes. Andrew Surman started the move, pinging the ball out to Wes Hoolahan on the left, whose low cross was only parried by former City reserve goalkeeper Arran Lee-Barrett – and Surman side-footed home for his second goal in successive matches.

It was the ninth successive time City have scored first at Portman Road in a derby fixture.

Ipswich had the occasional moment, but it was the visitors who were by far and away the more comfortable, and earned their second on 24 minutes through Town defender Gareth McAuley.

David Fox’s corner fizzed through the six yard box, where it reached the centre-half – who haplessly saw the ball flick off him and the far post before nestling into Lee-Barrett’s net.

It was McAuley’s third own goal playing against City, after doing so as a Leicester playing in both fixtures of the 2006-07 campaign – as well as being off the pitch receiving treatment when Matty Pattison scored for the Canaries at Carrow Road in 2007.

Town did pick up the pace in the second half but it truth they were always second best – and Simeon Jackson rammed home the point, and the three points, on 73 minutes.

Grant Holt did brilliantly well to hold off the attentions of Delaney, before Jackson beat McAuley to his low cross to prod home his ninth of the campaign, and fifth in five games.

Jimmy Bullard let fly with a pearler from 25 yards that picked out John Ruddy’s top right corner, but Town’s newfound confidence disappeared two minutes later with a slick Norwich counter.

Wes Hoolahan bombed down the left and his cross missed Jackson, but found right-back Russell Martin who drilled through Lee-Barrett as if he was not there.

And there was still time substitute Dani Pacheco to score his first goal since joining on loan from Liverpool in the fourth and final minute of injury time, and finish as one-sided an East Anglian derby there has been.

• Ipswich Town: Lee-Barrett, Edwards, McAuley, Delaney, O’Dea, Bullard, Norris, Leadbitter, Wickham, Scotland (Drury 46), Carson. Subs (not used): Fulop, Peters, Brown, Healy, Civelli, Whight.

• Norwich City: Ruddy, Russell Martin, Ward, Whitbread, Tierney, Crofts, Fox (Lansbury 76), Surman, Hoolahan (Pacheco 84), Holt (Vokes 83), Jackson. Subs (not used): Rudd, Edwards, Lappin, McNamee.

• Attendance: 29,258 (2,125 City fans)

• Referee: Jon Moss (West Yorkshire)

BEAM BACK ATTENDANCE-About 5000

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Fri 22 Apr 2011, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:50 am

Today is the big day. Around 29,500 at the match tonight. Card friendly ref and nearly full fit squads. Ipswich could be 3 points behind the playoffs, norwich could be two points ahead of 3rd after tonight.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 22 Apr 2011, 8:53 am

4-1
5-1
9-2
By the way they are the scores Very Happy

whos the pride of Anglia Norwich Norwich
Norwich is our name Norwich is our name
whos the Pride of Anglia Norwich Norwich

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 22 Apr 2011, 9:38 am

Blah Blah. Well done Norwich, you were good, not brilliant. If I said what I thought of Ipswich last night, I would be thrown off this site.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramilas1 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 1:16 pm

Saw that Dani Pacheco got his first goal for you last night since the loan from LFC.

As you can see from my location I don't get the UK Championship coverage on TV, so just wanted to ask..... how do you reckon he's doing?

I heard he played well in the 6-0 win against Scunthorpe, but not heard any more news since then.
Ramilas1
Ramilas1

Location : Warsaw, Poland; formerly Bracknell, Loughborough, Bordon, several others - and Ireland originally

Back to top Go down

Post by grant holt's moustache Fri 22 Apr 2011, 3:49 pm

cheers very much guys Very Happy

grant holt's moustache

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 22 Apr 2011, 4:54 pm

Ramilas he has played very well since being here. he played very well and proberly played his worst game against swansea but then again no one played overly well in that one. very quick and seems confident on the ball and can pass it around very well. Very Happy

wick- does this word begin with c or s. Bullard's goal was good.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 22 Apr 2011, 10:01 pm

I think the players focused too much on grant holt to be honest. He was clearly injured during the game, but i thought simeon Jackson did a great job yesterday. He let the midfielders run through which led to the 4th and 5th goal occuring. If you look at the goals the keeper should have stopped three of those goals.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

Time this thread got a bump I feel

Ipswich vs Norwich preview- 21/4/11 9k=
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:00 pm

Thanks olly, I was at this game, we had our rubbish keeper in goal if I remember and Daniel Pacheco came on as a sub which caused havoc for the paceless defence

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:39 pm

You know you're bad when Dani Pacheco is causing problems
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down