The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If London Welsh win tonight will Redpath be out the door?

+14
EngInAuck
rainbow-warrior
Hood83
pharmachris
GavinDragon
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
glamorganalun
GLove39
kingjohn7
offload
Morgannwg
LordDowlais
kingelderfield
18 posters

Go down

If London Welsh win tonight will Redpath be out the door? Empty If London Welsh win tonight will Redpath be out the door?

Post by kingelderfield Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:44 am

I've just never rated his ability as a coach/dor and felt Gloucester were lucky to see him go, infact I think Redpath is a very poor coach.

Actually I think both Redpath and Diamond will be exiting stage left by the end of the season.

I pity the fans who keep coming back for very little return.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

If London Welsh win tonight will Redpath be out the door? Empty Re: If London Welsh win tonight will Redpath be out the door?

Post by LordDowlais Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:14 am

Well it's 26-9 to London Welsh so far so what do you all think ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

If London Welsh win tonight will Redpath be out the door? Empty Re: If London Welsh win tonight will Redpath be out the door?

Post by Morgannwg Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:23 am

Good score so far considering it's a rabble versus a team of good players. What happened to the attacking Glaws?

* Now realise he is the Sale coach, not Glaws. Yeah I think I agree. Sale have had some terrible results this season.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:34 am

What was the final score please?
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 am

29-19 to LW.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 am

Wish Richie Gray could have gone somewhere better than Sale, hope this doesn't effect his form...

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 am

Well done Lyn Jones and his team tthey are shooting up the table.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:00 am

Well done Lyn Jones and his team tthey are shooting up the table.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:02 am

GLove39 wrote:Wish Richie Gray could have gone somewhere better than Sale, hope this doesn't effect his form...

Seems an odd switch of club alliegience. He was better off staying put. Seems like a lack of loyalty to me.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:09 am

Should Welsh rugby fans be supporting Sale who have more Welsh players than London Welsh?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:11 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Should Welsh rugby fans be supporting Sale who have more Welsh players than London Welsh?

I support neither. Shocked by the hatred and bigotry aimed at LW before the season even kicked off though. So nice to see them win some games, especially away. Looks as if Sale or LI will be the ones to go down on current form with Newcastle coming back up.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:33 am

I would like to see LW to go above Bath for obvious reasons (Hersh)!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:40 am

Another win for Welsh. Great. Considering they are running at £2 million pounds under the wage cap, have had no time to get organised to compete on level terms with the rest of their league, they are getting some good results.

Well done LW, good to see Lyn Jones doing well as a coach too..!!!

Onwards and upwards.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 am

oh what the dragons would give for someone like him at the helm!!!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by pharmachris Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:47 am

Damn good result. Nervous last 10 minutes, though. Bit pee'd off that no-ones covering it. I really want LW to stay up comfortably, just to urine all the naysayers off!

Would love that!

The filter changes p.i.s.s. to urine......thats fantastic!!!! Yahoo

Last edited by pharmachris on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : loving the swear filter! well done, swear filter people! :thumbsup:)

pharmachris

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 am

GavinDragon wrote:oh what the dragons would give for someone like him at the helm!!!

Darren's not a bad coach mate. Dragons are a handy team with a lot of promise. Start picking Hughes over that oaf Tuilagi and you'll see a bit more magic in the opposition try area.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:54 am

tbf maes you may be right you may not, the thing is the playing squad has had so little investmen over the last couple of years its difficult to judge darrens coaching abilities. What you could argue is that he is not a 'man-manager' as the players do not seem to be playing for him at the moment. Where as Lyn Jones does seem to get the best out of the players at his disposal

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 am

I've said it elsewhere, but i really think Redpath is a shocking coach and grossly overrated. I'm told by Glos fans he's decent but I don't buy it.

Sale look abject and have gone backwards since he arrived despite strengthening their squad. Mind you, they should improve with Fourie back.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:02 am

I'd say dragons issues are just that they are a very young side. What's the average age about 23?

Investment in foreign players would make little difference in the longterm. The dragons do need investment but in the club and facilities not NWQS on short term contracts. That would be a waste of money.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:12 am

agreed. would have beed nice to keep brew charteris and tovey

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:21 am

That is true.

We are all suffering from the wealth of other teams. Tovey I suppose moved to get a chance at HEC rugby.

I think Dragons will have a good season this year though. They look a better team. They made some great sightings in the summer, Prydie and Dan Evans are making a big difference.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Ohhh how silent the critics, all crawled under their respective rocks. Yahoo
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Great result for the "London" outfit But.......

The premiership is much longer than 3 weeks.

Im sure the rightful order will become clear around March next year thumbsup
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:53 pm

What a great win for welsh! It's clearly going to be a very competitive season which is great for the league. Always good to see the underdogs do well too.

More importantly, can someone rescue Richie Gray so he isn't ruined for the lions?!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:29 pm

From what I saw of the Sale game against the Chiefs Gray is getting a valuable education. He's learning all about being targeted in the lineout (3 steals off of ball to him) and being targeted in the tackle (2 man tackle stopping him dead and stopping his offloading game). I think learning to cope with that pressure will be good for him.

OW are doing alright early doors, good to see they are making a fight of it.

Great. Considering they are running at £2 million pounds under the wage cap, have had no time to get organised to compete on level terms with the rest of their league

That's their own fault. They spent to much time investing in players whilst making no attempt to grow a sustainable base to work from.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Will LW be in the Amlin this season??

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:13 pm

LW will be in the ACC. Just watched the game on the premiership website. Gray seemed to be making a lot of mistakes. Off loading to small guys just before they're tackled. Knocked the ball on in contact 3 times I think. Doesn't seem to make much ground in his carries, certainly considering he's 6'10" and 20st (he's around that isn't he?). Powell kept running into brick walls and making next to no ground. Generally it was a well disciplined defense from Welsh end then they took their chances for the odd break. Playing very similarly to Ospreys during their early days with Lyn.

Also I thought their were two shocking missed Sale forward passes and the daft call against Arscott on the Welsh line that ended up resulting in Sales try (Scrum V instead of 22 drop out). Over all they're doing to sensible things. Defending well and getting getting points when they can (very much like Exeter did in their first season). In theory Welsh should only get stronger as they had little preparation).

Any 'hatred and bigotry' put to Welsh was because they applied late for the premiership only after they had a chance, lied about what they were appealing (said they met the criteria but then admitted they hadn't at the beginning of the appeal), finally there was a general opinion that they kept the legal challenge as late as possible to that no other Championship side could benefit. However, none of that was the fault of the players or the coaches (or fans) so why take it out on them?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:22 pm

However, none of that was the fault of the players or the coaches (or fans) so why take it out on them?

To be honest I think only the administration are drawing the abuse.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:55 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
However, none of that was the fault of the players or the coaches (or fans) so why take it out on them?

To be honest I think only the administration are drawing the abuse.

Sorry Sam. That was my point. I was one slating the actions of Welsh in the summer. But that's got nothing to do with the players and coaches so I haven't been against the team itself.

I was/am expecting them to go down this season. But they've started well and hopefully can push on and it will at least be competitive at the bottom (even if Welsh attain safety early).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down