The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richie Woodhall - The Klits avoiding Povetkin

+4
JabMachineMK2
bhb001
Lumbering_Jack
GeoffSnapes
8 posters

Go down

Richie Woodhall - The Klits avoiding Povetkin Empty Richie Woodhall - The Klits avoiding Povetkin

Post by GeoffSnapes Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:39 am

I was watching a re-run of Ringside last week (the one with Calzaghe, Woodhall and Cleverly on) and was somewhat perplexed by a comment Woodhall made with regard to the Klitschko's not wanting anything to do with 'take on all-comers' Povetkin. I was surprised this was not questioned by Nelson and the other studio guests. Am I right in thinking that it is Povetkin who openly wants nothing to do with the Klits, or any other 'live' HW?

Boxing Fitness

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Richie Woodhall - The Klits avoiding Povetkin Empty Re: Richie Woodhall - The Klits avoiding Povetkin

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:04 am

I was pretty shocked to hear this too... I think perhaps he got his words mixed up?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Richie Woodhall - The Klits avoiding Povetkin Empty Re: Richie Woodhall - The Klits avoiding Povetkin

Post by bhb001 Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

That is definitely me perception. He has been the madantory and so would get reasonable terms and conditions and not be beholden to K2 afterwards. So the assumption around the place is that he doesn't want to fight them.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

Povetkin is runnig for the hills, the last thing he wants is to fight a Kbro as he'd get torn apart.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

Pretty sure Povetkin is habby with his regular strap whilst the brothers are around.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

Or what jabmachine said (less fence sitting there!)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:21 am

Steve Bunce said something similar. Absolute madness, Wlad could take Povetkin out whenever he wants.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:28 am

Whilst I didn’t see the show so can’t comment if it was a slip of the tongue I do think there is something of a trend because the era is not particularly good and because the Klitschko’s do not set many pulses racing to suggest they avoid people or cherry pick their way through the division and for the life of me I struggle to imagine where this come from because as far as I can see when someone emerges as a perceived or genuine challenge they fight them, similarly have never seen them refuse or fail to accommodate a mandatory.

Easy to say that the guys they fight do not always represent the best possible opponent on the market but would have to ask when Ali fought Coopman or Wepner were they the best opponents in the world at that time?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:39 am

Teddy Atlas said he's not ready and turned down the fight. Povetkin has no desire to test himself and happy to have a 'World belt' and will fight sub-par foes until the Klits retire, simple as!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down