The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game

+24
Nay
hogie
kwinigolfer
WillyGilly
Tiler76
BlueCoverman
Skydriver
boyhyde
hend085
JDizzle
navyblueshorts
super_realist
Sand
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
wadey101
CJB
SmithersJones
Plunky
EmmDee57
Redrage
mystiroakey
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
barragan
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game - Page 2 Empty Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game

Post by barragan Thu 20 Sep 2012, 5:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

FINAL LEADERBOARD
Congratulations to super_realist, who wins the Ryder Cup Fantasy Game on countback from Mystiroakey clap
Tied on 27 pts a piece (from a possible 35), both predicted the correct outcome of the overall match result, scoring a bonus 10pts to slide past CJB and co. at the death.
Both were tied on initial countback of top scorers (both achieving the sequence 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1), so I have taken the executive decision to award super_realist the title based on his picks total scores from the singles out punching mysti's by 6 points to 4 (including triple point bonuses). Hope that doesn't spoil your night Mysti thumbsup
Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game - Page 2 606v2_12

Day 2 Leaderboard
Updated scores are below. All to play for tomorrow now so it seems - anything can happen in singles. We could see a last minute romp to the 606v2 title by someone way down the field courtesy of the double 5pt bonus on offer for predicting the overall team result...
Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game - Page 2 606v2_11

Day 1 Leaderboard
Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game - Page 2 606v2_10

Thanks for the suggestions. I think perhaps we ought to go down the traditional 606 fantasy format route here, how about:

Choose 1 player from each category (order based on Pd's wk 38 rankings):

Euro A McIlroy, Donald, Westwood or Rose
Euro B McDowell, Garcia, Hanson or Poulter
Euro C Lawrie, Molinari, Kaymer or Colsearts

USA A Woods, Watson, Simpson, Dufner
USA B Snedeker, Stricker, D. Johnson or Bradley
USA C Kuchar, Mickleson, Z. Johnson or Furyk

From those 6 selections, choose 1 player as your triple points earner.

Select winning team: 5pts bonus
Select winning team and winning scoreline: 5pts bonus
(if you select a draw, then both 5pts bonusses will be 'paid' out if you're right.

Ties will be decided on countback from each teams top points scorers (including triple points earned)

e.g. my selections:
Rose, Garcia, Kaymer
Dufner, Snedekar, Mickleson

Snedeker as triple points earner
USA to win 15.5-12.5

Entries confirmed:barragan, mysti, emmdee, plunky, smithers, setup, cjb, wadey, mclaren, roller, redrage, sand, super, navy, jdizzle, hend, boy, sky, blue, tiler, willy
Entries close prior to pairings etc for first match being announced - so get a move on if you want to be involved thumbsup

Last edited by barragan on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:26 am; edited 16 times in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:18 am

Lol - Bansy this is a good format mate.. I like. Just realised there is abit more to it than i intially thought

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game - Page 2 Empty Re: Super_realist steals victory in Ryder Cup Fantasy Game

Post by barragan Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:27 am

My picks in action:
Furyk / Snedeker (x3) vs. McIlroy / McDowell
Mickelson / Bradley vs. Donald / Garcia
Z Johnson / Dufner vs. Westwood / Molinari
Woods / Stricker vs. Poulter / Rose

Kaymer - benched
Guaranteed a point from Match 2.
Potential 6 points to play for from session 1.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:31 am

Sneds will thump mac/mac by 3 or 4
donald garcia will win by 1 or 2
zac and duffy will win by 3 or 4
poulter and rose will win by 1 or 2
2-2 going into the afternoon sesh (and 6pts for me Yahoo )

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 28 Sep 2012, 9:44 am

I have potential 5 pts out there this morning

I am predicting a 4-0 to europe win- which will give me a total of 4 points

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 30 Sep 2012, 1:33 am

Day 2 Leaderboard posted:
CJB jumps into the lead going into the singles having picked almost the perfect team so far - only subbing Snedeker and Kuchar for Bradley and Mickleson would have given a better total to this stage. Top marks then with 17 from a possible 20. Lots can change tomorrow though with a potential 10 bonus points up for grabs and 8pts on offer for the matches.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 30 Sep 2012, 7:46 am

good work ban ban- just wish i trusted my heart on poults and picked him as my *3

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:56 am

I could win this from way back if America keep on the way they are going! I have 17-11. Very unpatriotic of me but aw well..... USA USA!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:23 am

Congratulations to super_realist, who wins the Ryder Cup Fantasy Game on countback from Mystiroakey clap
Tied on 27 pts a piece (from a possible 35), both predicted the correct outcome of the overall match result, scoring a bonus 10pts to slide past CJB and co. at the death.
Both were tied on initial countback of top scorers (both achieving the sequence 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1), so I have taken the executive decision to award super_realist the title based on his picks total scores from the singles out punching mysti's by 6 points to 4 (including triple point bonuses). Hope that doesn't spoil your night Mysti thumbsup

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:29 am

Drop me out we were tied on the rules

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:36 am

Anyway. I will take a moral draw!! Well done Me and SR..

Cheers ban ban it was fun(but your still a wrongon!and you broke my broken )

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:47 am

Just doing the right thing mysti...just as tiger did angel
you can't share the trophy...unless you want to keep it for 12 months each Laugh

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:49 am

Good thing it wasn't mac and super tied boxing

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:54 am

I have a feeling he copied and pasted my picks and changed two players..

his picks have a bold and * on donald, as mine was.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 01 Oct 2012, 1:06 am

Only three the same - should i DQ setup and emmdee for using bold too...not to mention jdiz for picking 4 of the same picks as you !

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 01 Oct 2012, 9:19 am

There must be something wrong with the format if s_r can win it.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 01 Oct 2012, 9:24 am

Never in doubt cheers barragan

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Tue 02 Oct 2012, 9:34 pm

A half point away from winning

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:17 pm

Small margins... Thought the good thing about the format was that nearly everyone was in with a chance if winning going into the final day

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 02 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

barragan wrote:Small margins... Thought the good thing about the format was that nearly everyone was in with a chance if winning going into the final day
I think there should have been a points reset before the last day...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Oct 2012, 7:56 am

I know your joking Pedro- But ironically enough it actually was!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2