The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Srixon AD333 balls

+2
lorus59
barragan
6 posters

Go down

Srixon AD333 balls Empty Srixon AD333 balls

Post by barragan Sun 16 Sep 2012, 4:49 pm

played the back nine of a 4bbb match last week with a srixon ad333 ball which turned out to feel a lot nicer than expected. generally my ball of choice is a pro v 1x, but my golf has been quite patchy this season (despite a recent cut back down to 5) and i don't feel particularly inclined to invest in more for the remainder of the year or through the winter. anyone use these through choice, perhaps even as a alternative winter ball? only £15 a dozen.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Srixon AD333 balls Empty Re: Srixon AD333 balls

Post by lorus59 Sun 16 Sep 2012, 5:10 pm

There are three certain things in life. Death, taxes and every golf ball will eventually be lost.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 16 Sep 2012, 5:34 pm

hence why i tend not to fork out anything other than pro shop winnings for balls. that way it doesn't feel too bad when it disappears into the bundai on its first appearance out of the wrapper .

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sun 16 Sep 2012, 5:57 pm

You still have wrappers on your new golf balls?? Where do you get those from? I haven't seen those since the early seventies!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:55 am

I've started using these Barra.

I was using some Callaway Tour i(s) balls that I won in a comp and they were WAY too soft for me.

The AD333's get about enough check for me and I don't feel like I'm sacrificing distance. Feel nice off the putter too.

In case it's relevant, I'm currently 8hcp (but on the way down! Wink )

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:39 am

I am using these at the moment and keep on going back to them. I was using Taylormade TP5 but wasn't playing well enough to justify hitting that amount of money into the woods. The assistant pro recommended the 333s as the weather had been so bad there was no need to have a high spinning ball as anything will stop on the green.

Now we have had a drier run and I am playing a little better I am considering going back to the TM or the Srixon Z-Stars that I used last year. Probably a mistake but I found they seemed to go slightly further and I had better control around the green. But this could be due to the conditions as much as the ball.

I certainly prefer them to the Titleist NXTs.

Found an orange AD-333 yesterday. Not sure that I will be using that until the winter!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sun 23 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

I won a couple of sleeves of these balls, and first impressions is good, they feel nice of the putter face, and have not noticed any loss of distance of the tee (have been using Bridgestone balls) I looked on American Golf website my Bridgestone ball are about £37 a dozen compared to £15 for the Srixon AD333
So can see me using these in the future

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down