The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is SA v Argentina the new Scotland / Italy?

+6
Argie fan
gowales
Gunner
Biltong
InjuredYetAgain
10 posters

Go down

Is SA v Argentina the new Scotland / Italy? Empty Is SA v Argentina the new Scotland / Italy?

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

Will any SA against Argentina game now replace Scotland's matches against Italy as the most excruciatingly dull 80 minutes? Jeez, that first 4N game between the two of them was awful. This perhaps ties in with the other thread asking if internationals are in a trough right now

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Is SA v Argentina the new Scotland / Italy? Empty Re: Is SA v Argentina the new Scotland / Italy?

Post by Biltong Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:56 am

Yeah, absolutely right.

Best not to watch them play.

Inspite of SA having a new coach and half a new team they won't improve at all and well Argentina plays the same pansy powder puff rugby as SA, bets to go watch something else. Rolling Eyes

Seriously?

No original thoughts, just the same old cliche's?

Best you don't watch any test rugby then, cause most rugby this year has been pretty poor.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Is SA v Argentina the new Scotland / Italy? Empty Re: Is SA v Argentina the new Scotland / Italy?

Post by Gunner Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:23 am

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Will any SA against Argentina game now replace Scotland's matches against Italy as the most excruciatingly dull 80 minutes? Jeez, that first 4N game between the two of them was awful. This perhaps ties in with the other thread asking if internationals are in a trough right now

I suggest you watch the last 5 Scotland v Italy games and then come back and comment!

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

To be fair Argentina are sort of Italy 2.0

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:52 pm

gowales wrote:To be fair Argentina are sort of Italy 2.0
yeah, yeah, yeah
Italy is far better picard
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:08 pm

That's ridiculous, Argentina have decent backs and superb forwards whereas Italy have decent forwards and terrible backs. How Scotland ever manage to lose to Italy is beyond me, Italy vs Scotland is the worst game because Scotland never turn up and Italy produce a stodgy game that bores you to tears. When Scotland beat Italy the games are more exciting but when Scotland play badly it's the most frustratingly crap eighty minutes it makes anyone who watches suicidal.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:13 pm

The Arg SA games were quite good, toughly fought and tight to the end.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:07 am

After match Wales - Argentina in November, We can talk.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:55 am

The Game of Rugby is a Sport,not an entertainment.IF you cannot enjoy a game of closely fought forward dominated Rugby.As well as flowing back movements you are no real fan.Teams compete or win by the players they have
Scotland have beaten teams perceived better than them in the recent past by
tight Forward play.Solid defence and a very accurate goal kicker [Patterson].The
teams mentioned ,the Boks aside have the fewest playing resources of any team in top Rugby.You pick your best players in that situation then work out a game plan to suit.The luxury of having lots of players who can implement any plan does`nt apply to them.The Boks traditionally play the similar game plan at least since 1949 with a few aberrations in the mid 1950`s when they lost a lot of games.[1955-6].THEY are the second most successful in World Rugby,in re-build mode and full of a serously injured riddled team.The Puma`s were more or less at full strength,would you rather your own team.Won ugly or lost playing pretty Rugby.England during there most successful periods under the likes of Jack Rowell and SCW played just like that.As did the Lions in 1974 in SA one of there few victorious tours.Fact is the tight game wins more games at the top level than running rugby.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:08 am

Argie fan wrote:
yeah, yeah, yeah
Italy is far better picard

You misunderstand

What i meant was that Argentina are much better than Italy, but you play a similar style/use similar tactics.

Disrupt/spoil the rucks, strong close quater defence and plenty of passion.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:13 pm

I think Argentina are pretty darn good! They've been very competitive in all their matches so far. If they were to beat Aus this weekend I wouldn't be surprised considering how wallabies have lost to both Scotland and Samoa over the last year. They are more than capable of beating any of the northern hemisphere teams thats for sure.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:57 pm

Are Internationals in a trough right now?

Hmmm.... how do you answer that one? I guess you mean "Am I wasted on watching too much rugby now that TV shows it 24 hours a day - club, inter-national club, sevens, Championship, Six nations etc, etc etc.

I don't know. Every individual has to answer that for themselves. But I keep myself to a quota (because I have a life to live too..!) and the rugby I do watch I enjoy very much, particularly the International brand...and I've been watching a long time.

So for me - no trough. Just be selective if you feel you're getting bored.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down