The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Charr Surprise Us? CONTAINS SPOILERS

+2
davidemore
Mr Bounce
6 posters

Go down

Will Charr Surprise Us? CONTAINS SPOILERS Empty Will Charr Surprise Us? CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:07 am

Manuel Charr fights Vitali tonight for his WBC title. Many people have been saying that this may be Vitali's last fight and most are expecting him to win in his usual grind 'em down fashion.

However, as he was slow, ponderous and easy to hit (although rumoured to be injured) back in February against Chisora, is Charr catching him at the right time? Vitali is now 41 years old and although a superb athlete, Father Time catches up with everyone. Has he become distracted with his potential political career?

We know very little about Charr other than he beat up a Danny Williams the size (and weight) of a small building just over a year ago. He doesn't appear to be heavy handed but is apparently a good body puncher.

I liken this fight (a bit) to Junior Witter vs Tim Bradley. Very little was known about Bradley in Britain and Witter took him lightly. As a result he lost his WBC belt, albeit by close decision. With his eye off the ball there is a (probably extremely) small chance that he could pull it off against a non-focussed Vitali. Is Charr a complete no-hoper, or has he got the fight at exactly the right time?

Personally I think it is very unlikely, but the chance is always there. Don't see this going beyond 6 myself. Thoughts?

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Will Charr Surprise Us? CONTAINS SPOILERS Empty Re: Will Charr Surprise Us? CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by davidemore Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

Charr will get KO'd by round 7.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Will Charr Surprise Us? CONTAINS SPOILERS Empty Re: Will Charr Surprise Us? CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by Yojimbonufc Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

Would love to see Charr to make a shock but it just doesnt seem possible.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

The odds for this fight are similar to the tyson-douglas fight! Think charr is like 50 or 100/.1

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

Utterly predictable stuff. Zzzzzz.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

Charr was really going for it in the 4th there - for a second, it looked like he had Klit in trouble. (relatively speaking)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm

Charr was utterly furious it was stopped - reminded me of Vitali's actions vs Lewis...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:38 pm

If I see that Vinnie Jones advert again I"ll scream

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down