The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

surrey vs nottinghamshire match thread

+7
Carrotdude
thegooch7
Fists of Fury
Shelsey93
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

surrey vs nottinghamshire match thread - Page 3 Empty surrey vs nottinghamshire match thread

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 15:04

First topic message reminder :

Team Director Chris Adams has named a fourteen man squad for the LV=County Championship match against Nottinghamshire at the Kia Oval starting on Tuesday.
The Surrey squad for the LV=County Championship match against Nottinghamshire at the Kia Oval on Tuesday 4th September, Wednesday 5th September, Thursday 6th September and Friday 7th September:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Rory Burns
Zafar Ansari
Arun Harinath
Kevin Pietersen
Zander de Bruyn
Jason Roy
Steven Davies
Gary Wilson
Stuart Meaker
Murali Kartik
Jon Lewis
Chris Jordan
Tim Linley
davies for wilson i would assume the only change from the somerset game,
the brain picks himself Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

surrey vs nottinghamshire match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: surrey vs nottinghamshire match thread

Post by jbd349 Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 21:56

I have to say that I have been extremely impressed with Batty since he took over the captaincy and that I would seriously consider him as the official captain or next year - not something that I would have expected to think at the start of the season.

jbd349

Back to top Go down

surrey vs nottinghamshire match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: surrey vs nottinghamshire match thread

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 7 Sep 2012 - 23:21

Evening all Very Happy Very Happy . A fantastic result today. At last, at the end of the season for these recent three matches we have been performing to potential.

Those attending the match will be better placed to comment, but I have a feeling that JBD is right about Batty's captaincy. I think he showed greater flexibility eg in using Pieterson and Ansari rather than Kartik and Batty bowling unchanged for great periods of time (as in match against Middlesex).

We batted well yesterday and showed the kind of application so often missing earlier in the season.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 10:07

"There was a misunderstanding late in Middlesex's second innings when it was thought that the home side had declared after losing their eighth wicket on 289. But Toby Roland-Jones, the not-out batsman, later said that he had only gone off in search of "a drink"."

Wondering whether Roland-Jones was just wanting to keep Surrey on their toes by hinting at a declaration a bit before it actually came Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 10:53

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:"There was a misunderstanding late in Middlesex's second innings when it was thought that the home side had declared after losing their eighth wicket on 289. But Toby Roland-Jones, the not-out batsman, later said that he had only gone off in search of "a drink"."

Roland-Jones would have no problem playing for Surrey. Most appropriately, the Burger Van kept circling the ground yesterday and coming out regularly to dispense drinks! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 10:59

guildfordbat wrote: Roland-Jones would have no problem playing for Surrey. Most appropriately, the Burger Van kept circling the ground yesterday and coming out regularly to dispense drinks! Very Happy

Laugh clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 11:08

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:

Those attending the match will be better placed to comment, but I have a feeling that JBD is right about Batty's captaincy. I think he showed greater flexibility eg in using Pieterson and Ansari rather than Kartik and Batty bowling unchanged for great periods of time (as in match against Middlesex).

Corporal - totally agree with that feeling about Batty's flexibility.

I noticed Pietersen warming up yesterday about fifteen minutes before he came on to bowl. It was clearly planned. Pietersen bowled well and got noticeable turn in his wicket taking over immediately before lunch. To Batty's credit, the captain appreciated it wasn't just a lucky break and stuck with him long enough for Pietersen to get a second wicket.

I also thought Batty brought Meaker back for a second spell at exactly the right time. It produced a wicket although Mullaney clearly disagreed with the decision.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 12:39

guildfordbat wrote: I also thought Batty brought Meaker back for a second spell at exactly the right time. It produced a wicket although Mullaney clearly disagreed with the decision.

Presumably Mullaney actually left the crease at some point. Shocked Looking at Surrey TV one might have thought he might still be there...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 8 Sep 2012 - 13:16

Having finally left the crease and started his walk to the pavilion, Mullaney then stopped and looked back for an age!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3