The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimitar Berbatov will join Fulham tomorrow

+5
Crimey
Ent
GSC
Bull
matth7
9 posters

Go down

Dimitar Berbatov will join Fulham tomorrow Empty Dimitar Berbatov will join Fulham tomorrow

Post by matth7 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:43 pm

His agent has confirmed, a good move for him, he'll get first team football and play every game for them.

Good luck to him.

matth7

Back to top Go down

Dimitar Berbatov will join Fulham tomorrow Empty Re: Dimitar Berbatov will join Fulham tomorrow

Post by Bull Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:52 pm

yeah good luck to him.

TBH i liked him and he earned more respect from me when he played awesomely in the match i went to see where he scored 4 goals (United 7-1 Blackburn) was a 10/10 performance !

Bull

Back to top Go down

Dimitar Berbatov will join Fulham tomorrow Empty Re: Dimitar Berbatov will join Fulham tomorrow

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm

We do have a PL signing topic
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:00 pm

Thank god he's gone, worst signing we ever made.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:01 pm

Will be a good signing for Fulham who get a proven Premier League striker.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:09 pm

Surely fergie will try for dembele As part of the fulham transfer.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:09 pm

Ent wrote:Thank god he's gone, worst signing we ever made.

Disagree,

He was one of the main reasons why we won our 19th PL title, scoring 20 league goals. Yes, he wasn't the player that justified the 30m fee. That was pure Daniel Levy playing hard bargain and got every cents out of us for their best player.

I thought he did well for us, scored some fantastic goals and showed some fantastic skill (That turn vs West Ham) and scored a hat trick vs Liverpool. I for one wish him luck and I believe Fulham are getting a very good player on the cheap.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:10 pm

Ent wrote:Surely fergie will try for dembele As part of the fulham transfer.

He's gone to Spurs Ent for 15m, plus we don't need Dembele.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

Berbatov was crap for us, disrupted a very successful team, ruined our style of football., made no attempt to adjust to it and was a cl flop - good riddance.

I'd say dembele is better than most of our midfielders and certainly worth a punt, certainly could have been done IMO (aware he is off to spurs now)

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

Ent wrote:Berbatov was crap for us, disrupted a very successful team, ruined our style of football., made no attempt to adjust to it and was a cl flop - good riddance.

I'd say dembele is better than most of our midfielders and certainly worth a punt, certainly could have been done IMO (aware he is off to spurs now)

Don't see how he dusrupted our successful side, he was a big part of us winning the PL at the end of the day. In CL I agree he wasn't great but we more often than not played a 4-3-3 with Rooney up top on his own so didn't play all that much.

I like Dembele and I wouldn't mind if he signed one day but it's not what we need. We need a CDM to play alongside Cleverly/Carrick/Scholes to allow them to do what they do best, whilst he can protect our defence. Once again, Fergie for some reason has ignored this obvious deficiency in our team and has failed to address it. Shame because we were linked with Strootman for just 15m which would have been ideal. A young CDM whose on the brink of the Dutch XI, and is pretty cheap by today's fees being branded.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:29 pm

Ent has a point. we signed Berbatov and Tevez found himself out of the side which eventually ended with him leaving the following summer. I believe if we hadn't have signed Berba then Tevez never would've left

Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez were frightening when they played together and each had an understanding of the others, when Berba came in that was disrupted

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:30 pm

How was berba crap? you dont become crap by becoming Top prem scorer.

so does that Mean RVP is crap then Ent?

just a mega Overreaction there mate. Berba was pretty good when he was on form for us.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:33 pm

Berbatov slowed everything down and rarely got into the box, after 6 months at the club he was out of the first team. Had a few good games when Rooney was injured but was 2Nd choice for the latter half of 10-11 plus his goals record was v skewed with 12 goals in 4 games I believe.

Cdm is a modern monstrosity that isn't needed, just get midfielders who can pass and tackle and get on with it, we've never needed a dm to win anything.

Rather spend a bit on adapted players than a bomb on unproven foreign youngsters who can't make terrible national sides.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:36 pm

gazzyD wrote:Ent has a point. we signed Berbatov and Tevez found himself out of the side which eventually ended with him leaving the following summer. I believe if we hadn't have signed Berba then Tevez never would've left

Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez were frightening when they played together and each had an understanding of the others, when Berba came in that was disrupted

Now I can see that, its a good point and for some reason I have argued against Berba disrupting the side, even though I thought it at the time Headscratch

I completely agree, Tevez was superb for us. I remember when we played Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berba vs Liverpool at Anfield and it was just awful. The season before, Tevez scored against them and was superb.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:46 pm

I disagree totally regarding your defensive midfielder comment Ent. I think they are crucial to successful sides. I certainly think Ferguson would disagree with you, as he often pointed out Fletcher as the key to your midfield. He also brought in Owen Hargreaves as he recognised the importance of that position. I seem to remember a short drought of success once Roy Keane left as well.

You look at a side like Arsenal, they haven't looked the same side since they lost Patrick Vieira. Barcelona use Busquets, who I don't rate, but I do see why a defensive midfielder is so important. Makelele was key to the success of both Real Madrid and Chelsea while he was at their clubs.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:52 pm

Crimey wrote:I disagree totally regarding your defensive midfielder comment Ent. I think they are crucial to successful sides. I certainly think Ferguson would disagree with you, as he often pointed out Fletcher as the key to your midfield. He also brought in Owen Hargreaves as he recognised the importance of that position. I seem to remember a short drought of success once Roy Keane left as well.

You look at a side like Arsenal, they haven't looked the same side since they lost Patrick Vieira. Barcelona use Busquets, who I don't rate, but I do see why a defensive midfielder is so important. Makelele was key to the success of both Real Madrid and Chelsea while he was at their clubs.

My views exactly. Almost every successful side has had a CDM, and has been the undoing for us in European football for the last couple of years, someone to break up the flow of play against the better sides.

I said earlier, I don't want him rushed back but Fletcher will be like a new signing for us. He has been one of most consistent performers over the past few seasons and breaks up the play, makes barnstorming runs and always turns up in the big games.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:16 am

Crimey wrote:I disagree totally regarding your defensive midfielder comment Ent. I think they are crucial to successful sides. I certainly think Ferguson would disagree with you, as he often pointed out Fletcher as the key to your midfield. He also brought in Owen Hargreaves as he recognised the importance of that position. I seem to remember a short drought of success once Roy Keane left as well.

None of the former united players you mention we're dms, they could just tackle.

Carrick plays more like a dm than all of them yet no one calls him one because he can pass the ball.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:10 am

To expand united went on to win 4 titles in 5 years the season after keane left, we've done fine in Europe without a dm reaching 3 out of the last 5 finals etc

It's just a fallacy you need one, granted if you have 5 players who won't defen you need a talentless hacker to squad in front of your back four but that will never work again- barca won bugger all in their transition from rikjard to pep with a dm because they stopped working hard.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:41 am

Very good signing in my opinion for Fulham. He will play every game and regain his match sharpness which is crucial for a player like Berbatov. Can't believe I'm reading United fans saying he was appaling for the club. Ridiculous. Hardly given a sniff at United and when he was he ended up top EPL goalscorer. Bet you were not complaining that day he scored a hat-trick against Liverpool with that overhead kick.

Ent Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:43 am

John wrote:Very good signing in my opinion for Fulham. He will play every game and regain his match sharpness which is crucial for a player like Berbatov. Can't believe I'm reading United fans saying he was appaling for the club. Ridiculous. Hardly given a sniff at United and when he was he ended up top EPL goalscorer. Bet you were not complaining that day he scored a hat-trick against Liverpool with that overhead kick.

Ent Doh

Have to admit, John. It does annoy me that we haven't considered a bid for him. I think he'd do a job for us.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:43 am

Ent, if you don't define those people as defensive midfielders then I don't know how you do class as one...a defensive midfielder is a midfielder whose primary function is to act as a shield to the defence and perhaps even start attacks. Carrick certainly does fit into that definition, and most people do say he is a defensive midfielder so that comment really does baffle me.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:50 am

Carrick is basically a footballing Quarterback. And on his day he is superb at it.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:52 am

The job of the QB is to throw downfield though.

At best Carrick is Alex Smith
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by matth7 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:16 pm

He's having a medical at Fulham.

matth7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:26 pm

What is Martin Jol thinking.. Berbatov is the biggest moaner of any team he plays for and has frosty relations with managers and players..sold Dembele and looks like Dempsey leaving the midfield so shallow. Maybe Dembele had an activation clause if its 15m.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:28 pm

Berba played for Jol at Spurs and could be a great purchase for them. Dembele is unproven and Dempsey is a proper moaner.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down