The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden 13

+5
glasgowhibs
Pr4wn
CFCNick
crazy_dave23
BamBam
9 posters

Go down

Madden 13 Empty Madden 13

Post by BamBam Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:12 am

Anyone pre ordered? Or planning to buy fairly soon? I just placed an order with Shopto, who are selling it for £36.85, which seems pretty good to me.

Just been watching some YouTube videos about the game, the whole connected careers thing looks great! I haven't bought an NFL game since Madden 11, so looking forward to seeing how good this is

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Madden 13 Empty Re: Madden 13

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 am

I tend to buy every other year as i'm not a massive PS3 user.

I had last years and am still enjoying it when I have the time to have a little go. That said the new one (and i've played the demo) looks and feels pretty good. I'm sure it will still be full of classic madden faults however which is partly why I dont bother upgrading every year

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 am

Downloaded the demo on Xbox and gameplay is very much the same

The noticeable differences are all presentation based. For example before the game it cuts to studio. Then during gameplay the biggest improvement I can see would be the contact, players don't pass through each other etc, also if you go for a pass in coverage the ball can bounce of the defense and still be caught whereas in previous years this would just to ground as an incomplete pass

I'll probably buy it but wait for the price to come down first

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:28 am

I preordered on Saturday from Shopto. They took my payment today which means it's been dispatched!!!! Somebody one twitter said Shopto usually get games to you the day before release so hopefully this is the case for me.

I like the demo and think it feels really good, much better than 12.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:28 am

Read a few reviews. Looks to be the dame game as before but with a different skin. Think I'll pass.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by glasgowhibs Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Pre-ordered from Amazon so better arrive on Friday. Having watched a few videos it seems to be much improved, personally I'm most happy about the improved play-action passing, in pretty much every Madden I've played you would sell the run in a clunky fashion and be sacked before you've even turned around, this year it seems much quicker.

Presentation looks much improved again, glad to see the back of Collinsworth on commentary. A nice touch will be the actual voices of the QBs as they call audibles, take the snap etc.

Overall just seems like they've upped their game a bit more this year, probably because the exclusivity contract comes to an end with this game I think (NFL 2k14 anyone?).

glasgowhibs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:33 am

I'm still playing 12, but I will think about getting this one, so I'm keen to hear what you guys reckon to it.

I've more or less played the last one to death now, I'm on season 17 or so in my franchise and I don't think there are any real players left!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:12 am

I'm happy to wait this year. Maybe even until Christmas. I though 12 was a step up over 11, and I'm loathe to spend £40 a year on roster updates. :o

Will play the demo and see what the reviews say before I splash the cash.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Shopto let me down! Usually can expect delivery the day before release so I was rather hopeful this morning. Now will have to wait till tomorrow to play Sad I hope its tomorrow anyway

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:17 am

Shopto didn't let me down. Found my copy on the mat when I got in from work. It's fantastic, the career mode is great. In the new version of "Be A Superstar" they have a twitter feed of real NFL reporters talking about things during the season. When you create your player you don't just pick a college and position, you pick what style of what position you want, like pocket passer QB or west coast QB, power Hb or receiving HB, etc., plus once you pick a college and position you select a back story, either first round pick, late round pick or undrafted.

I'm an undrafted power HB out of Syracuse for the Browns. Me and Trent are gonna be the best tandem in the league!!!! Lol

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Ok guys so how good is it?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Its very good. Much improved from previous years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Traded in madden 12 toward this and not disappointed in the slightest

The be a superstar mode is a huge step up on previous years

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah I really like it. Physics system is great, makes the game realistic, when playing as a RB can get knocked off your stride by contact dependent on how strong your guy is.

Career mode is ok, but I don't like not being able to do a fantasy draft before starting! Superstar mode is 1000 times better than it was previously thats for sure

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down