The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallon plans to appeal against 10-day riding ban

4 posters

Go down

Fallon plans to appeal against 10-day riding ban Empty Fallon plans to appeal against 10-day riding ban

Post by Enforcer Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Former champion jockey Kieren Fallon plans to appeal against the 10-day riding ban that rules him out of the Guineas meeting at Newmarket.

He was suspended after Kempton stewards on Wednesday night found him guilty of not riding out to the winning line.

Fallon, riding Sukhothai, was caught for second place in the final stride by the fast-finishing Watered Silk.

His ban runs from 27 April to 6 May, which covers the 2,000 Guineas on 30 April and the next day's 1,000 Guineas.

The six-time champion jockey, who has won both versions of the Guineas four times, rode 2,000 Guineas hope Native Khan to a comeback win in Thursday's Craven Stakes at Newmarket.

But he does not expect the decision to be reversed.

"I'm going to appeal anyway but I won't hold my breath," he said. "I'd like to ride Native Khan here but there are plenty of other good jockeys around.

"The rules are the rules and I was doing my best. I think the second horse would have got me anyway."

A report from the Kempton stewards said Fallon was asked to explain "why he appeared to drop his hands shortly before the winning post and was subsequently beaten into third place."

Having heard his evidence and reviewed a video recording of the race, stewards found the 46-year-old to be in breach of a rule, in that he failed to ride out on a horse that would have finished second.

Fallon spent three years on the sidelines before returning to action in September 2009 after a trial into alleged race-fixing, in which he was cleared, and an 18-month drugs ban.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/horse_racing/13076920.stm

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Fallon plans to appeal against 10-day riding ban Empty Re: Fallon plans to appeal against 10-day riding ban

Post by Solerina Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I've just watched the replay.......I hope the decision isn't reversed........dropping the hands like that is inexcusable.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Fallon plans to appeal against 10-day riding ban Empty Re: Fallon plans to appeal against 10-day riding ban

Post by Swanseadabber Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Sol, Fallon is and always has been a crook
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Anybody that had as close an asociation with Jack and Lynda Ramsden as Fallon had must be a burglar.He couldnt lie staight in bed,the man may be a top flight jockey but hes as bent as an arabs dagger.Lets be honest for what hes done over the past 4 or 5 seasons he should be sign die.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 pm

I used to know a guy who picked KF up from the airport anytime he was riding at either Hamilton or Ayr, the guy shall remain nameless but he was in the hotel business.
Mr Fallon was treated like royalty, wined & dined, chauffeured, and always had the best room available.
My mate knew which of Fallons horses to leave alone, this was before Betfair and betting horses to lose - As the Nut says above KF was involved with the Ramsdens at this period and he was a total crook.
Leopards do not change their spots, the guy should have been banned from the sport for life.
It is very sad because he is a talented horseman.
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down