The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corey Jane. Not a rugby name but a not too shabby rugby player

+2
pete (buachaill on eirne)
kiakahaaotearoa
6 posters

Go down

Corey Jane. Not a rugby name but a not too shabby rugby player Empty Corey Jane. Not a rugby name but a not too shabby rugby player

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 18 Aug 2012, 2:57 pm

You lose Conrad Smith, who one suspects would've had a field day with that Aussie centre combination today, but you offset that with the welcome return of Corey Jane. What is it about this player who looks nothing special to look at? He doesn't have blistering speed, he doesn't look very big and yet what a fend. What a finisher. Conrad Smith is Captain Reliable but Jane outside him makes the backthree a lot more stable. Dagg seems able to express himself and Gear can look for space to use his strength. Having Jane steadying the ship seems to provide the right balance. There's some exciting talent coming through in Savea but you get a lot more solid look about the team when Jane is there. He'll be disappointed he didn't take that SBW offload but he has an uncanny knack of turning up in the right place and taking the right option. I particularly enjoyed his wrap around behind the back pass running in off his wing to the centre of the field. Ioane is a great player but he wasn't helped with the static ball the Aussie backline got tonight. A solid return for Nonu but Jane looked more assured out there tonight. Often he avoids the limelight though.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Corey Jane. Not a rugby name but a not too shabby rugby player Empty Re: Corey Jane. Not a rugby name but a not too shabby rugby player

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 18 Aug 2012, 3:59 pm

I think Jane is seriously talented not often where you see him have a bad game. He is very powerful must have beastly explosive legs/core.

Back to top Go down

Corey Jane. Not a rugby name but a not too shabby rugby player Empty Re: Corey Jane. Not a rugby name but a not too shabby rugby player

Post by emack2 Sat 18 Aug 2012, 6:21 pm

He is as I have written elsewhere one of those players who does`nt perform as well as he should at Super level,but always performs in Black.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sat 18 Aug 2012, 7:15 pm

I imagine he is an absolute sicko in the gym. He has to be one of the most explosive guys around in the backs. Dagg showed a bit of it earlier with his step and gas around Beale.

Jane also does the basics really, really well, his overall skills are amazing and while he isn't the guy to cut a sexy line off his wing off the cuff he is so dependable if there is a box kick coming his way he will probably catch it (unless Rob Kearney is chasing bien sur Wink ), he counters well, he defends well, he holds his depth well and he keeps the ball alive

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Sat 18 Aug 2012, 7:47 pm

Without a doubt he has the best fend in the game. He rarely mistimes it too...

Jane is as safe as you want under the high ball but he is a threat in open play too. Can create something out of nothing. Without doubt, in my opinion the finest winger in the world.

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 18 Aug 2012, 10:29 pm

I dont know whether he is the finest winger in the World, maybe he is? but what I do know is that he is probably the hardest winger in the world to mark.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:59 am

With a name like Jane I suppose he has learned how to be tough. If that was me, I would have changed my name to something like Rocky von Steelhammer.

Good player, though.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Aug 2012, 1:55 am

He's got them really quick feet like Shane Williams and runs like a mouse. Very deceptive and tricky to catch. Jane's fend on that French guy (Medard?) was a beaut, right in the smush. Think Jane has copped a few himself mind, recall one huge one that put him well on his backside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down