The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prior - Test cricketer of the year?

5 posters

Go down

Prior - Test cricketer of the year? Empty Prior - Test cricketer of the year?

Post by skyeman Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Matt Prior, is in the running for 2012 Test cricketer of the year along with Cook and Broad, also Ajmal, Amla and Clarke. (Clarke being my peck since March)

Cook is also in for ODI cricketer of the year as well as Cricketer of the year.

Any thoughts?

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Prior - Test cricketer of the year? Empty Re: Prior - Test cricketer of the year?

Post by skyeman Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 pm

I think, just as well that the qualifying period is from August 2011 to the following August Very Happy

Broad also in for cricketer of the year and Finn ODI cricketer of the year.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Prior - Test cricketer of the year? Empty Re: Prior - Test cricketer of the year?

Post by JDizzle Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 pm

I'd be surprised if any of the English players picked up any of the awards, they have been off the boil as a team since they beat India last year and whilst playing in a losing team doesn't mean you can't win an award it certainly doesn't help.

Cook in the ODI category is probably the most likely of any. But Prior definitely deserves his nomination. He's always struck me as a selfless guy with the way he bats and the way he carries himself on and off the pitch, and the revelations of the last few days have only enhanced my respect for him so well deserved Matt. clap

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:59 pm

JDizzle wrote: But Prior definitely deserves his nomination. He's always struck me as a selfless guy with the way he bats and the way he carries himself on and off the pitch, and the revelations of the last few days have only enhanced my respect for him so well deserved Matt. clap

Could'nt agree more. He truely is a selfless player who fights for his team.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 am

Broad, even in the losses against Pakistan and SL bowled very well, only against SA at the Oval did he bowl not too well.
So he could still be in with a shout.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am

I really like Prior and echo the sentiments that he is well worthy of his nomination. I actually think that he will get very close. He is a very very good all round competitor.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 pm

So, now that the long-lists are out who will win?

Cricketer of the Year - Ajmal, Amla and Clarke are probably the top candidates for this. Should think Ajmal will edge it.

Test Cricketer of the Year - Plenty of top candidates here. Ajmal will probably edge out Clarke.

ODI Cricketer of the Year - Probably between Kohli and Amla, though Cook has an outside shout.

Women's ODI Cricketer of the Year - Sarah Taylor and Stefanie Taylor will be favourites.

Women's T20I Cricketer of the Year - The two Taylor's will again contest this one.

Emerging Cricketer of the Year - Pattinson should win, but I wouldn't be surprised if the voting panel pick Narine.

Associate and Affiliate Cricketer of the Year - Paul Stirling and Dawlat Zadran will be favourites, as the stars of the T20 qualifier.

T20I Performance of the Year - Surely must go to Levi.

Spirit of Cricket Award - Not sure I get this one. Does anyone know why Hafeez, Kallis, Pollard, Vettori and de Villiers have been picked??

Umpire of the Year - England's Ian Gould is in with a shout, but Aleem Dar always seems to win.

People's Choice Award - The most ridiculous of all awards - voted for by the public and featuring Tendulkar (who has scored 1 100 btwn last August and this)

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Philander must surely be best newcomer/emerging cricketer.

Simply brilliant start.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:09 pm

clap Well done to Matty P, top top cricketer and a top bloke on top of that

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:31 pm

If only we could morph Prior and KP, what a cricketer and decent bloke that would make.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 pm

skyeman wrote:Philander must surely be best newcomer/emerging cricketer.

Simply brilliant start.

He's not been nominated - I think there is an age limit.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:41 pm

[quote="Shelsey93"]
skyeman wrote:Philander must surely be best newcomer/emerging cricketer.

Simply brilliant start.

He's not been nominated - I think there is an age limit.[/quote}

Darn, ty Shelsey.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down