The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway Vs Cork

5 posters

Go down

Galway Vs Cork Empty Galway Vs Cork

Post by RebelBhoy Sat 11 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

COME ON!
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Galway Vs Cork Empty Re: Galway Vs Cork

Post by Thomond Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:57 pm

We've achieved expectations this year to be honest and I don't think Cork have played as well as I think we can. It's doable but we are up against it, will be roaring on the lads tomorrow in what should be a very great game. The weather could hurt us as it is supposed to be wet so that won't suit us. Still come on the Rebels!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 11 Aug 2012, 6:38 pm

I think this one will go to Galway (sorry guys!). It'll be a tight finish though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:06 pm

Ah we no we are up against it and probably won't win Cari, still you never know. Have gone further than most thought possible so we are in bonus territory. Still rebuilding and bringing through the young guns.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Sat 11 Aug 2012, 9:31 pm

This Cork exceeding epectations is a crock. There moving forward but they lost at home to a 14 man Tipp team that Limerick led by 7 or 8 points. Underperformed in beating two poor teams in Offaly and Wexford followed by beating Waterford because ye had a few excellent cameos off the bench.

Cork have underachieved this year thus far (i'd love Limerick to be in a semi but at least we performed to our best at stages) Cork have 20+ players who can make an impact at inter county level. And there simply not turning up.

Tomoro depends on Cork and if there going to stand up the Galway physicality and skill shown against Kilkenny.They didnt do it in the league final with a very similar team. They need to forget about next year and take an opportunity this year because things can change very quickly in Cork from year to year.

As for a prediction Joe Canning and David Burke causing enough damage to get Galway over the line by a 4-5 but hopefully after a titanic tussle.Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if a Cork sub like Moylan etc comes on and makes himself a hero.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

Underperformed but still won by 7 and 10 points respectively, I'd take that against any side. Made hard work of it but were in control for a lot of it. Limerick lost to Waterford, I'm pretty sure, so we both lost to Tipp and Limerick lost to de Blahs. Think we would be at Limerick, should have beaten Tipp and let it slip, I don't think GAA players know how to play against 14 men, you see it so often it's ridiculous how they don't know how to play it.

We have 21-22 players who are inter county standard. A good chunk probably wouldn't get on the panels of some counties, most wouldn't start. Some are underperforming but there is not as much talent thee as you say.

Agree on the physicality thing, the weather will suit Galway and we don't like the rough stufff. Canning will kill McDonnell, Cork have struggled massively since The Rock has gone.

Galway should win and by around 5 but you never know. We have done better than I thought this year and what others have thought, Cork are decent but not a great side

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

I have heard it said a lot this year that cork are the only team that can come from nowhere.

Well that is exactly what this would be.

99 was year 3 for JBM. I think we know we are in bonus territory anyway. These lads will have learned a lot from this year. That is absolutely invaluable.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 12 Aug 2012, 5:59 pm

We did well physically, matched them well. Poor shot selection and tactics cost us, we defended reasonably well. Know Canning got 11 points or so but he got a fair few from frees. Why did we go long and high when we have only guy to win it. Long by all means but keep it feicing low like.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu 16 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm

Just a note on above, Limerick did not play waterford this year...............

Ye were both right on the 5 point margin for Galway. Great game..............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down