The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry Cup Final (Season 2)

Go down

Cherry Cup Final (Season 2) Empty Cherry Cup Final (Season 2)

Post by Marky Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Cherry Cup final results.

0-1
1-2
1-2
1-2
1-2
1-2
0-2
1-2
2-1
0-1
2-1

10-18 + 1 extra for number of win votes;

Athletico Bilbao Baggins 1-3 London Silly Nannies
(Pastore) (Benzema, Sanchez, Ramires)

A tight encounter I just think that Bilbao needed a proper striker to start the game, Givinco would have been better playing off someone rather then coming from deep. The Nannies midfield matched the Bilabo lot for energy and drive and didn't give in. As the game wore on Bilbao struggled in the last part of the pitch. Nannies maybe not the best team on paper did well to hold their own and with the late subs from both teams I feel that Nannies sub was better as it changed less of the team and they didn't need to adapt as much.

A good game, two attacking sides with strong defences, but the lack of a recognised centre forward hurts Bilbao Baggins as I don't see Giovinco as a natural finisher, and Benzema is. Had Higuain been fit, it would have been much closer but Benzema was the difference between the two sides.

This was always going to be tight to choose, but I think Baggins really struggled up front against Pepe and Sahko. Giovinco is quite small and slight, and I can see the imposing LSN CB pairing dominating. It is hard not to see Baggins scoring, however I feel LSN front players are better on the face of it. Although Benzema is marked, I can see him at least getting on the end of one cross. I think Moutinho was a very shrewd signing and cancels out the normally overpowing midfield of Baggins.

This is obviously a very tight affair. But for me Nannies just snatch it. I like there set up, and Sandro manages to keep Pastore quiet most of the game, leaving Giovinco a little isolated up top. Also Nannies make good use of Debuchy/Sanchez against Cole, and they pick up a goal from this when Sanchez scorers. Baggins have the stronger midfield, and Toure drives home a powerful effort from 25 yards. But Nannies get the win, when Debuchy roams free down the right, and whips in a peach, which Benzema can't miss

Really tight game with two strong sets of tactics. I really like the balance of the LSN'S front five and this won it for me. Benzema was too powerful for Chiellini, whilst Giovinco gave something different to ABB with his pace and movement a real problem to the LSN'S CBs

A very very very tough game to call. Both teams obviously have a right to be in the final, both set up with attacking finesse, creativity, energy and defensive stability. LSN just about edge it IMO. BB missing out on having a natural striker on the field, which doesn't necessarily lose them the game but it means they don't have someone naturally getting in the positions to attack the ball.

Close game but the lack out an out and out forward harms baggins, Sanchez comes inside after beating Cole with tricks bringing Hummels towards him but Benzema uses his pace to get in behind Chiellini and finish for 1-0 , Rodriguez gets past Richards and whips a cross into the back post where Benzema heads it down for Sanchez to half volley it for 2-0

Close and tight game but feel that LSN had just the edge and managed to snatch it and the end.

Bilbao played with no real striker as the LSN centre backs were hardly troubled by Giovinco. The Bilbao wingers did cause problems for the LSN full backs and were rewarded with 2 goals from Cazorla and Pastore. LSN pulled one goal back from Benzema but it was too late as Bilbao hung on for the win.

Despite Hero having a stronger team on paper I think Giovinco (and therefore the team) would really struggle with goals as he's up against the monsters who are Pepe and Sakho. In fact, Pepe would eat him. Perhaps Hero should spend more time writing proper tactics for his DM's rather than 18 words about imposing themselves. I don't buy into the "he's only been in the team 1 day" thing. Anyway, LSN to win it as I can see ABB struggling for goals.

A close game in which the deciding moment happened at a corner. Pastore was the main danger an throughout and Sandro had trouble with a him all game. Otherwise it is all but impossible to separate the sides. Giovinco was kept quiet throughout as was Benzema.

Marky

Back to top Go down