The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn on the TV and see a horse dancing to Lion King theme

+5
VTR
Crimey
dummy_half
bedfordwelsh
GSC
9 posters

Go down

Turn on the TV and see a horse dancing to Lion King theme Empty Turn on the TV and see a horse dancing to Lion King theme

Post by GSC Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:23 pm

Only the Olympics!
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Turn on the TV and see a horse dancing to Lion King theme Empty Re: Turn on the TV and see a horse dancing to Lion King theme

Post by GSC Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:37 pm

Champions League theme now, not bad
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Turn on the TV and see a horse dancing to Lion King theme Empty Re: Turn on the TV and see a horse dancing to Lion King theme

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

Wud still rather watch that than the over paid and hyped up poof ballers that we will have to put up with again soon.

All football could learn from some of the athletes we have seen so far
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:47 pm

With respect, I heartily disagree.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:16 pm

Bedford

Unfortunately, in some cases (the Spanish basketballers being the worst example), it looks like the Olympians have been learning from the footballers.

The footballers could though learn a lot from the hockey players - Kate Walsh having her jaw broken by a stray stick and only missing a couple of days of the tournament while the doctors put her back together, and the NZ lass who took a fearful clatter on the head yesterday. Most pro footballers would still be writhing on the ground from those girls.

Oh, and lessons in humility from Chris Hoy and on being a good loser from Nick Skelton wouldn't go amiss either.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:22 pm

I think people are too harsh on footballers and group them together too easily. There are lots of perfectly respectable footballers who show the same determination and respect as the athletes in the Olympics.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:24 pm

I agree with Crimey here also, yes you get your ****s in football, but plenty of them are decent people.

On the same vein, some of these athletes aren't angels either, but are on their best behaviour for the one time in 4 years they get significant attention.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

Serious question - does anyone know if the other countries have to ship their horses over to compete in the equestrian or are they assigned them from a pool of British horses?

Wondering if we have a massive home advantage or not.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

Crimey

Unfortunately, not many of these reasonable guys make it to the top of football (Scott Parker perhaps being one exception). Far too many of them seem to think that acting and conning the ref is as important as actually playing the game. Perhaps it's just that the stakes are perceived to be so high in EPL / Champions League / International football that the integrity of the game suffers.

I agree though that many of the lower league and non-league players do show the right attitude.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:29 pm

VTR

The riders are on their own horses. Shipping them around the world is something that happens quite regularly, but home advantage probably has helped in getting the GB horses to the competition in ideal condition.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:30 pm

The playacting thing is overstated. Their are serial offenders yes, but its a small minority.

Its just gamesmanship which happens in every sport.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:34 pm

I believe that play acting has only started to become more common in the game because the few that originally did it have made it that referees just won't penalise without people being over dramatic.

You get tripped and stumble and just stop, the referee is less likely to give a free kick if you fall to the ground and hold your knee.

It's sad that it's the case, but it's a case of the minority ruining it for the majority.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:35 pm

Cheers dh OK

I expect its helped as top level sport is all about fine margins. Home advantage is fine by me anyway, I think its helped in nearly every event.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:25 pm

I think its only fair if we subtract dressage medals from our medals total.

It's no better than one man and his dog or dog agility. Absolute joke.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:59 pm

super_realist wrote:I think its only fair if we subtract dressage medals from our medals total.

It's no better than one man and his dog or dog agility. Absolute joke.

Other countries had the opportunity to win them as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

Yes but its an absolute sham of a 'sport'.
I don't mind show jumping, cross country etc but prancing around on a horse is not an Olympic ideal.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:27 pm

dancing horses- i must see the highlights of it- Must be the most random thing ever. wtf,

I was wondering what dressage was, but a medals a medal, not taking it of the total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Thu 09 Aug 2012, 9:45 pm

super_realist wrote:Yes but its an absolute sham of a 'sport'.
I don't mind show jumping, cross country etc but prancing around on a horse is not an Olympic ideal.

They pranced around less than our footballers.

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 10 Aug 2012, 12:39 pm

Maybe they can get the dog that won Britains got Talents, he would surely be a banker for a gold.

In all seriousness though, this isnt a sport. It is a novelty act, and not a very good one at that.

A dancing horse an olympic sport, give me strength.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 12:41 pm

I actually could imagine one of these horses being called lumbering Jack.

Are you sure your not a contestant?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down