The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses?

+19
Super D Boon
I hate fish
gboycottnut
GSC
whocares
mystiroakey
ChequeredJersey
JDizzle
dyrewolfe
alfie
djlovesyou
Duty281
eirebilly
aucklandlaurie
Thomond
Jennifer1984
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
John Cregan
dallym
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Poms - cheats or just clever people who know how to manipulate the rule book?

Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses? - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses? - Page 2 Empty Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses?

Post by dallym Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok, so team GB pick up a win in the track cycling, then one of them (Hindes) reveals that they had a poor start so he deliberately crashed so the race would be restarted.

Is this cheating? Should they be disqualified? How does this compare to the Chinese and Koreans dropping a badminton game to get a better draw in the knockout stages? Or is this just clever riding from the English?

dallym

Back to top Go down

Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses? - Page 2 Empty Re: Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses?

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:13 am

Do only GB swear by this oath to the god of oylimpics then?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses? - Page 2 Empty Re: Poms - cheating scum or misunderstood geniuses?

Post by whocares Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:14 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
A Great Britain competetor would have taken it behalf of the other competitors, It happens at the start of every Olympics, and in it the competitors not only give promise to compete within the rules BUT ALso in the true spirit of sportmanship ( or words to that effect , Sorry i dont know it off by heart.)

it is :

In the name of all the competitors I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honour of our teams

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:17 am

Mystir
Great Britain, because they are the hosts, have to nominate a member of their team to take the oath on behalf of all comprtitors.

Theres been some talk of getting rid of it..

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:18 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Mystir
Great Britain, because they are the hosts, have to nominate a member of their team to take the oath on behalf of all comprtitors.

Theres been some talk of getting rid of it..

Who has taken this oath, Andy Murray ?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:19 am

Lets be honest- time to get rid its hypocrsy...

If anyone wants to say that GB are anymore cheats than another nation its fairyland time...

The timing was really stupid though. People getting on there high horse the day before over the badminton.. had to start sounding abit hypocritical!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:22 am

Not needed.

Last edited by I hate fish on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:28 am

its not closed mate- just cleaned up.. probally not a suitible discusiion

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:30 am

mystiroakey wrote:Lets be honest- time to get rid its hypocrsy...

If anyone wants to say that GB are anymore cheats than another nation its fairyland time...

The timing was really stupid though. People getting on there high horse the day before over the badminton.. had to start sounding abit hypocritical!

True Mystir, its time to get rid of it, the competitors dont give a stuff about the history,ethic and tradition of the games anymore.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:30 am

It was a combination of off topic posts, some of which were inappropriate so they were all taken off I think
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:32 am

Yeah its kind of sad- but its time to stop trying to pretend that anyone gives a stuff about this oath!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:35 am

mystiroakey wrote:Yeah its kind of sad- but its time to stop trying to pretend that anyone gives a stuff about this oath!!

The Olympic ideal left, when the "dream team" entered.

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:36 am

I prefer your new name

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:38 am

mystiroakey wrote:I prefer your new name

I was sober enough to get a name change, Very Happy

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:39 am

It doesnt erk me!

However i actually love fish

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:43 am

GSC wrote:I say we impose a rule that you can only post if your country has more than 1 gold medal.

Sorry dallym, I'm afraid you'll have to leave

New Zealand has won 3 golds so far...

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:45 am

dallym wrote:
GSC wrote:I say we impose a rule that you can only post if your country has more than 1 gold medal.

what is it with the negativity from kiwi posters? i think my media theory was correct aucks!

well done on your 3 medals though lads- decent turnout so far!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:45 am

mystiroakey wrote:It doesnt erk me!

However i actually love fish

I like catching them, but I'm allergic when it comes to eating them. That was the reason for my first attempted name. PS is youtube the best invention ever? I have had my playlist on for the last 3 hours, it has been 3 hours of the best music ever(to me).

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:47 am

I use spotify - great playlists. and loads of tracks avaliable at your fingertips!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:48 am

Well in any case I watched the NZ team get destroyed by the Dutch earlier in the hockey Very Happy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:50 am

mystiroakey wrote:I use spotify - great playlists. and loads of tracks avaliable at your fingertips!

Can you watch films on there too? Think I used it years ago, but it didn't have the song I wanted.

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:52 am

nah you cant!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:52 am

Nah, no films but it is brilliant.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:56 am

mystiroakey wrote:
dallym wrote:

what is it with the negativity from kiwi posters? i think my media theory was correct aucks!

well done on your 3 medals though lads- decent turnout so far!

What media theory?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:58 am

mystiroakey wrote:nah you cant!

So what is the point of it? I can get every song I have ever heard, on youtube(bands like the hotknives etc, youtube, dave and mary) plus I am now watching trainspotting. So what will spotify give me extra? I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just wondering what it provides that is better?

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:03 am

syncing offline music to your phone, so you can play in your car or on the train etc. being able to get almost any song you want at any time(as long as you have premium and pay for it offcourse) from your phone as well as laptop or whatever, allways listening to highish quality music. Your playlists sync to all the devices you have , You can link to other music you may like, etc. Its just for music, youtube is also great offcourse but use it for other things.

And its all legal!- which doesnt actually bother me in the slightest but its good enough for me to go the legal route

Last edited by mystiroakey on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:03 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:

What media theory?

Think he was talking about your own personal hysteria about the security of the games due to the media in NZ.

Any problems yet sweetheart?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:06 am

Plus spotify has a free option. Not that I use it as I now basically have every song ever available on my iPhone thanks to Premium, but Spotify smashes YouTube and I've only found a handful of songs I like that aren't on it
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:07 am

mystiroakey wrote:syncing offline music to your phone, so you can play in your car or on the train etc. being able to get almost any song you want at any time(as long as you have premium and pay for it offcourse) from your phone as well as laptop or whatever, allways listening to highish quality music. Your playlists sync to all the devices you have , You can link to other music you may like, etc. Its just for music, youtube is also great offcourse but use it for other things

My phone makes phone calls, I don't drive, I only listen to music on my laptop, not for me I think, Very Happy

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:08 am

It is, but fair enough if you don't want it
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:09 am

If its a criticism of New Zealand media, then could I please reserve my right to criticise the Great Britain media,until after the charges against Brooks and Caulson have been determined?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:09 am

horses for courses- preminum makes it worthwhile, but we do pay for that- so if its not worth it then its not worth it!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:10 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: If its a criticism of New Zealand media, then could I please reserve my right to criticise the Great Britain media,until after the charges against Brooks and Caulson have been determined?

everyone critizes our media- get in line dude!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:11 am

Feel free to criticise the UK media anytime, aukland.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:17 am

mystiroakey wrote:horses for courses- preminum makes it worthwhile, but we do pay for that- so if its not worth it then its not worth it!

I have found songs on youtube, that even "itunes" didn't have. A year ago, they did not have "screams creams and custard dreams" by the hot knives, they only had 1 song by the band, spotify had 0, youtube did only have it because my mate put it on, but that is the good thing about it. Can you find boyfriend by the piranahs on spotify for me, if you can, I may try it Smile

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:25 am

Just checked, it's on there
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:26 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Just checked, it's on there

The whole album?

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:27 am

The Attrix Collection, right?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:29 am

thing is if you are only listening to music on your laptop and streaming- you might as well get the free version anyway!

just found it its on there-on the album the attrix collection 1995.

listening to it- ska style

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:29 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:The Attrix Collection, right?

No mate, that is just a ska album.

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:31 am

Well, the song is on there on That album by the Piranhas
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:31 am

I think its a best off album then - because i think all the tracks are the piranhas

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:33 am

Sorry, I asked 2 questions, boyfriend you found, so I will check it out.

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:34 am

screams dreams etc is also on there

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:35 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Well, the song is on there on That album by the Piranhas

Did you listen to it, also the other b side, "getting beaten up"?

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:37 am

It used to have a lot more holes in it, now the more niche bands tend to be there. No Beatles or the Who though, and Led Zep is all on as Robert Plant or Jimmy page. Still the full versions just not under the band name
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:37 am

mystiroakey wrote:screams dreams etc is also on there

1 last question, is it free to listen to, if you are not downloading?

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:38 am

The free version is free, the premium version isn't. I will listen to it, need to go to bed now
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:39 am

getting beaten up is on there- not on the attrix collection -just as a single song

getting beaten up, getting beaten up, gettin beaten up is part of growing up

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:39 am

you can listen and stream everything for free

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by I hate fish Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:40 am

mystiroakey wrote:getting beaten up is on there- not on the attrix collection -just as a single song

getting beaten up, getting beaten up, gettin beaten up is part of growing up

It's part of life.

I hate fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next