The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Olympian is your body most like?

+14
lorus59
Pal Joey
pedro
bluestonevedder
Lairdy
McLaren
1GrumpyGolfer
oldparwin
incontinentia
Diggers
GG
Fader
mystiroakey
super_realist
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which Olympian is your body most like? - Page 2 Empty Which Olympian is your body most like?

Post by super_realist Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Just for fun here's something from the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19050139

Shane Lowry might get a shock here.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Which Olympian is your body most like? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Olympian is your body most like?

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:18 pm

Fader

If your story about that girl is real I will never read another doak book in my life again. It has about as much truth to it as that farce of a ball fitting thread had.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Which Olympian is your body most like? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Olympian is your body most like?

Post by incontinentia Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

sh1t just got real
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

Mac your life must be so sad if you dont believe people go on dates!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

McLaren wrote:Fader

If your story about that girl is real I will never read another doak book in my life again. It has about as much truth to it as that farce of a ball fitting thread had.

You must have a very sad life then mac, what is so hard to believe about someone going on a real date and not one they've had to pay for or go through online dating to get.

Plus the ball fitting, was paid for and imo worth every penny.

maybe consider the fact your reading doak as a source of failed lovelife matters. I shall enjoy my evening round her house on our date and enjoy hitting my fitted balls on friday,

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:40 pm

Fader- maybe if you're lucky she will enjoy your fitted balls after the date
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

incontinentia wrote:Fader- maybe if you're lucky she will enjoy your fitted balls after the date

laughing We'll see but go into it expecting nothing but a nice evening and a juicy steak...

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

Fader

You are living the dream it seems.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

You are living the dream it seems.

If I were i'd be driving a Lambo Gallardo, drinking Krystal and not working for a living. If only..

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:19 pm

Fader

I am curious as to what your wife thinks about your date?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:20 pm

I am curious as to what your wife thinks about your date?

What wife! If you'd seen some of my posts you'd have known my ex wife move my kids to Chester sometime ago to be with her new squeeze, been divorvced for 3 years now mac

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:29 pm

That’s odd, as I am pretty sure you claimed to have a wife at one point within the last three years.

I guess it must be my mistake.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

Mac- Faders only been on here this year.
Took up golf to forget about women but his resolve is being tested.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

Mac pretty much how Dyna says it.

I said i'd been divorced in the last 3 years and took up golf when she who we don't speak of decided to move my kids what seems like a million miles away.

One thing for certain no lady will stop me enjoying my hobbies for ever more, i've given to much for one before and got me nowhere

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm

Treat em mean to keep em keen.
I seriously envy the guys who appear to be fine with home and family life playing golf with partners etc.Experiences like that can leave a lasting effect however strong you try to be.
Similar with my daughter who only lives a few miles away but I see very little of her and in truth know little about her life.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 4:56 pm

Dyna I have vowed to make sure I keep that balance going forward and is something i'm going to stick to. For the very reasons you give.

I can completely understand how you feel about knowing little of your childs life, everytime I see my 2 after months apart its like seeing 2 strangers for the first time. What with how they grow and develop, I speak to them twice a week (well try to when she answers the phone) but it's not the same.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

Yep- School prom last week .Had to go on Facebook to see pics of her.Ridiculous really

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

Oh how I do not like facebook, same here dyna only way I see my kids growing up is logging onto my mums facebook to access my ex's account to see pictures of the two of them.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:12 pm

Id have thought that was a good reason to like Facebook Fader surely ? Its not ideal obviously but at least you get to see some pics that you wouldnt see otherwise.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:18 pm

Thats very sad guys, seems the man always gets the rough end of the stick in these situations.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:19 pm

So you'd think Diggers, but I hte for the fact the pictures are always with someone else and in all honesty looks like the kids need a good wash and some new clothes, yet you see her with no name all tarted up new gear on all the time and makes you realise where your money to the CSA really gets spent. Hate saying things like that about my own little ones, but first thing we do when they get home with me is good scrub and clothes on that I keep at my house.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:21 pm

Fair enough mate, though that would be down to your ex hacking you off rather than the site itself.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

Diggers wrote:Fair enough mate, though that would be down to your ex hacking you off rather than the site itself.

True enough that,

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

dynamark wrote:Yep- School prom last week .Had to go on Facebook to see pics of her.Ridiculous really

Aye right, it was to look at all the young girls in their slightly too skimpy prom dresses.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

McLaren wrote:
dynamark wrote:Yep- School prom last week .Had to go on Facebook to see pics of her.Ridiculous really

Aye right, it was to look at all the young girls in their slightly too skimpy prom dresses.

If ever there was a time to not make a stupid joke about underage girls it'd be now mac Tumbleweed

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:41 pm

I didn't realise Facebook was still popular.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:01 pm

Am I the only person never to ever use facebook?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Am I the only person never to ever use facebook?

No. Don't like the lack of privacy so to speak

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:09 pm

Pretty sure my 94 year old Grandma isn't on there Mysti.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

My 91 year old one is!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:13 pm

If you say so, ps I've just asked you a question on another thread if you have time.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:16 pm

My gran gets to see my cousins and stuff in tokyo through face book.

What thread?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:17 pm

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:19 pm

Done

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:28 pm

I accept Facebook is a great way for family to keep up with each other if they are not living locally to each other for one reason or another. My wife is able to see what one of her daughters is doing whilst she is travelling plus she is also keeping up with a niece who has a toddler now. However I would rather not be on it. Don't know if that makes me sad or not?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:47 pm

My wife had a face book account, to keep in touch with her sisters and their family in Scotland, but since she died, closed her account, and not been on it since, just not my cup of tea, but my daughters are actively on it.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

I don't have a facebook account, that's why I log onto my mums to keep up with the kids progress.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

Some old boys in the shooting and archery!!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

I have one , like anything you can get what you want out of it. It has it's uses, I don't go on very often but once on a while it's OK and my wife uses it a lot for picture sharing with friends and family of the kids.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:06 pm

Fader wrote:
McLaren wrote:

If ever there was a time to not make a stupid joke about underage girls it'd be now mac :tumbleweed:

Fader, do you honestly think there is a point to making a comment like that. I take note of what most people on here say but I have about the same level of respect for you as I did the likes of londonjohno, maverick and mercurio.

As for facebook, I dont have it and have never used it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:20 pm

McLaren wrote:
As for facebook, I dont have it and have never used it.

Worried you won't get any friends Mac?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:25 pm

I have no worries, it would be pretty clear cut. I wouldn't get any.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:26 pm

Mac. I won't lose any sleep over that I can assure you.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

Where are them 3 posters anyway?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:05 pm

Well I know where one of "them" posters is Mysti but that would be telling.

Currently the enjoying the Olympic swimming in a brand spanking 37" HD TV.

Feel like I'm getting wet just watching fnarr, fnarr.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:10 pm

Hibbz I was Roakey1 on 606 and i remeber all 3 of them- I may not have been on the golf board that much but I was there for yonks on and off..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:14 pm

Yeah?

Did I tell you about my brand new 37" HD TV?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 01 Aug 2012, 9:05 am

No offence Mac .Having paid for the dress I thought it would be nice to see it.
All quite formal wear actually.Sit down meal and a few awards.Unfortunate that you just lose the direct connection miss school reports and parents evenings etc.Good news is she is sports/dancing mad so that helps.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:23 pm

dyna

sorry, was only joking, we need to establish a method for portraying sarcasm. Hope no real offence was caused.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

None taken honest.Mind you in few years time...

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

Just tried it....a female Greek javelin thrower!!! I wonder if she could throw a wedge further than me after a bad shot :-/

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next