The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FROCH VS OOSTHUIZEN

4 posters

Go down

FROCH VS OOSTHUIZEN Empty FROCH VS OOSTHUIZEN

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:39 pm

So gents, it appears that Carl Froch intends on fighting a high risk low reward fighter in Oosthuizen.

This fighter is pretty unknown in my eyes, however, his record suggests he can mix it up and has a little bit of power (13ko's in 20 fights).

What are everyones thoughts on this if it were to go ahead??

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

FROCH VS OOSTHUIZEN Empty Re: FROCH VS OOSTHUIZEN

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

Good stay busy fight for Bute and Kessler in 2013

The guy seems fairly decent with a bit of power but it'll take more than "a bit of power" to halt or discourage froch who has a granite chin

He's young and hungry so froch would be wise not to look past him especially with upsets being the norm these last couple weeks

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:11 pm

Again Carl is showing what he is made of. After the tough run of bouts no one would begrudge him a bout with a previous title contender who is beatable....especially given the fact the only reason no bout with Kessler/Bute/Pavlik has been made is because of the opposing camps!!

However he has chosen to step in with an upcoming contender who is unbeaten. Whilst not being well known for me it adds another risk to taking the fight...

Of course Froch could demolish him in a round and it turns out he is absolute naff...but no one would complain as Froch probably deserves an easy one.

Really a win-win situation!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:44 pm

It would be a curious choice I think. Id probably classify it as more low risk, low reward than anything else. Ive only seen Oosthuizen in action once before against Pryor Jr and he struck me as rather clumsy. Hes a big tall southpaw but doesnt particularly seem to utilise his height and reach well. Il have to see if youtube has any other of his fights.

The Ring have ranked top ten but more seems to be by virtue of him just building up wins rather than beating anyone noteworthy. I think Pavlik would be a much better option if terms could be agreed.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:57 pm

Agreed in essence Manos,

Seems rather labouring however he does have those stand out attributes of being rangy and southpaw...coupled with the fact he is unknown. I always think fights like these are high risk due to the fact if Froch loses it would be a huge blemish on his record...

In saying that however from what I have seen I think he would dispatch him with some ease.

I would prefer the Pavlik fight but he is unwilling to travel and wants the fight in Atlantic City.

Given where he has been the past 16 months, quality of opposition etc in contrast to Froch it's pretty cheeky to try and dictate terms to be honest.

Of course there is money to be made if Froch goes and fights him in America...however for me Froch is well within his rights to show him the two fingers and say its either in the UK or its not on.

At the end of the day Pavlik needs Froch not the other way around.

That applies to Kessler aswell...although not to as high a degree..who also has point blank refused to come to Nottingham for the return.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

Yeah I agree regarding Pavlik. Hes not in a position to be making demands as things are now.

Kessler is a bit more complicated because while Froch has the title, Kessler holds the win over him. Froch might end up wanting to avenge the defeat badly enough to travel again. Especially if he feels he has only a couple more fights in him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:16 am

Pavlik's people have been quoted as saying they want big fights but not necessarily for titles. Can't think of THAT many big name fighters without titles who would be willing to face Pavlik who also has nothing to offer. Seems a massive waste of time OR an excuse to avoid the better names in the divsion.

Can't see Pavlik wanting to face Ward who would probably give him a sustained beating nor can I see him facing Kessler who won't travel. I doubt he'd take on Bute either What's left, another fight with Jermaine Taylor?

I know, let's stick him in with George Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down