The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Adamek had the desire beaten out of him?

3 posters

Go down

Has Adamek had the desire beaten out of him? Empty Has Adamek had the desire beaten out of him?

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

Saw something briefly on KOTV the other night stating Adamek was due to fight James Toney next (sorry Fury, looks like you'll have to wait your turn). To me, this seems a declaration of intent that, "Vitali gave me such a bad beating I'm not sure I want to be bothered with it any more." Toney is a name and nothng more. He shown for the past few years that he has nothing left to offer and in facing him, I can't see what Adamek hopes to gain from it.

I do feel sorry for Adamek though, he's far too small to mix it with the top guys at HW and with Big Enzo serving a six month ban, the "glamour" fight at CW has just been flushed down the pan. However, surely there must be better options out there for him...unless of course, his heart isn't really in it these days and he's just looking to pay the bills.

Back to top Go down

Has Adamek had the desire beaten out of him? Empty Re: Has Adamek had the desire beaten out of him?

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

Toney is so far past it, SO unbelievably shot so off balance after throwing a punch, so out of shape that I fancy my chances against him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Has Adamek had the desire beaten out of him? Empty Re: Has Adamek had the desire beaten out of him?

Post by Super D Boon Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:44 pm

I was kinda glad Adamek took a beating because he had no business being up at heavyweight and I always found him to be a brave but painfully limited boxer

Saying that he was tortured against Vitali and should have been pulled out earlier. Toney has a head like a brick and no brain inside it so unlikely to get hurt. Adamek just looking for a name.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:48 pm

To be fair I'm sure Adamek fought "Fat" Eddie Chambers recently, who although isn't anything jaw dropping, is a genuine contender.

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:48 pm

I think hes just a keep-busy fighter. His last fight was Chambers who wasnt a bad opponent. Hes probably just looking to rack up a few more wins and gain mandatory status for Wlads titles.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 6:03 pm

Chambers was a CW, Toney was a CW and of course Adamek used to campaign there. I'm not sure how fighting these guys is going to prepare Adamek for a tilt at Wlad. As laughable as the idea of Fat Mick getting him over to face Fury is, at least a fight with Fury would give him better preparation for a man who will have a significant height, weight and reach advantage on fight night.

Even fighting Haye isn't going to prepare him for a fight with Wlad and it can be argued that Haye is a better opponent than Toney...although I'm sure Strongback would disagree

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 19 Jul 2012, 6:09 pm

I think he should move back down to where he belongs at cruiserweight. It's less glamour and money but he could secure a legacy rather than hanging around like a vulture waiting for one or more of the K bros to disappear so he can get his hands on one of the belts before retiring himself.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 6:13 pm

What kind of legacy is he going to secure at CW? It's been established as "PHACKT!!!!" by certain posters on here that CW is the worst division of all time and David Haye is the worst ever CW Champion.

Adamek has nothing to gain fighting at CW but he's not going to make any waves in the HW division if his preferred choice of opponent is Toney. Who's next Holyfield?

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 19 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

Well cruiserweight is still a huge deal in Europe. Marco Huck being nothing more than an angry gym bunny who throws punches makes a damn fortune defending his paper title fighting janitors! So Adamek could actaully be a legend (albeit in Europe) if he went back down again.

I can't help thinking that Adamek will stick around until Vitali retires and/or Wlad gets bored and feast on the leftovers before quitting as a paper HW champ. Just saying.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 6:35 pm

Boxing is really on it's backside when someone says"He could be a legend if he beat Marco Huck!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Boxing is really on it's backside when someone says"He could be a legend if he beat Marco Huck!"

Now David I didn't say that! I was only suggesting he could be a legend (of sorts) as by most accounts he was pretty decent at cruiser and it was his most effective weight. I see no reason why he couldn't clean up that division. It may give him more kudos than being a paper champ Heavyweight vulture. Then who knows! Actually, I don't really care about Adamek anyway. Run

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down