The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aston villa thread

+37
Lowlandbrit
hampo17
davidl1061
guildfordbat
Corporalhumblebucket
Nakatomi Plaza
1GrumpyGolfer
Roller_Coaster
Mackem
CaledonianCraig
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
Jamwar1
mystiroakey
Kay Fabe
Rowley
CFCNick
Sam
Strawberry Jam
rawa86
Dolphin Ziggler
erictheblueuk
Ent
NickisBHAFC
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
Galted
Crimey
kwinigolfer
Liam
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
The_Enigma
bretmeharty
westisbest
jimmyinthewell68
41 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

aston villa thread - Page 13 Empty aston villa thread

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

well after the terrible frustrating long ball defend defend mcleash season ,villa have now a good prospect in Paul Lambert .  when Martin oNeil left i was at first gutted like many villa fans but then when u add up all the average players he bought  along with high wages then u can see why learner decided enough was enough .so Martin walked out .  next come along gerard houllier  a few weeks late in the season . lots of villa fans didnt take to him  because of the early results but i liked the way we played under him and when he bought Darren bent and the players settled in his style of play we rocketed up the league .even  beating Liverpool in revenge after that 4  nil  beating and his  infamous badly chosen words that didnt sit well with villa fans .poor health parted another manager . then come Alex .no more needs to be said on that .   so now we have Paul . a few good signings come in and i for one now feels we can compete  in cup games and perhaps a eighth position in league .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

aston villa thread - Page 13 Empty Re: aston villa thread

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:48 am

Can we now sack gabby and have done with him?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

Has been suspended.
Played his last game in a villa shirt.

Probably go to somewhere like Walsall, or further down like Kidderminster, who have also been relegated.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

Listened to Stan Collymore of TalkSport last night and he talked about how he felt he could offer something to Villa. Don't necessarily thinks Stan's deluded or over-estimating his ability to turn things around at the club but with the attitude and commitment of the current squad as poor as anything I've seen from any team for years, I feel whatever nuggets of truth Stan has will be washed away on a tide of apathy. He reckons the likes of Richards, Lescott and Grealish have passion based on the fact they've responded to his criticism on Social Media and whilst there's been some heated slanging matches they've actually reached an understanding that if they need any help and advice, Collymore is willing to help where he can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 5:11 pm

There seems to be plenty of people of vast experience willing to help Aston Villa but it seems to be all down to Randy Lerner not being able to promise / commit to anything. At the moment it seems things are continuing on from the past five years - a continual drift into dangerous waters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm

I am never too sure what to think of Collymore. In the plus column he cares passionately about the club and has its best interests at heart, also as anyone who listens his radio show will know he does have genuine insights into the game. Those are the pluses, on the downside as anyone who follows him on social media will know he does seem to like a row and does have something of an ego.

In our circumstances I think the pluses probably outweigh the negatives. You only have to look at the latest Gabby incident. Now Gabby is perhaps the one footballer who can make Lescott look an intellectual heavyweight but even allowing for that he is a senior pro who has already been in a similar incident earlier and has also been told to get himself fit, such is his lack of conditioning. His recent conduct demonstrates a remarkable lack of respect for the fans, the management and the club. Having someone in the club not afraid to tell him that BS is not acceptable is probably not a bad thing.

One does have to question whether he would have done this was Keane still at the club.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:15 pm

I would like a couple more ex players at Villa in some capacity.

People that actually care and are will to give it 100% to turn the club around.

Would have hoped Merson would have been able to sit Grealish down a few months back and given him some adviice.

Would love to see Petrov back at the club in some kind of role.

Lerner is the dark cloud looming over Villa Park at the moment.

Last edited by westisbest on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:19 pm

Rowley wrote:I am never too sure what to think of Collymore. In the plus column he cares passionately about the club and has its best interests at heart, also as anyone who listens his radio show will know he does have genuine insights into the game. Those are the pluses, on the downside as anyone who follows him on social media will know he does seem to like a row and does have something of an ego.

In our circumstances I think the pluses probably outweigh the negatives. You only have to look at the latest Gabby incident. Now Gabby is perhaps the one footballer who can make Lescott look an intellectual heavyweight but even allowing for that he is a senior pro who has already been in a similar incident earlier and has also been told to get himself fit, such is his lack of conditioning. His recent conduct demonstrates a remarkable lack of respect for the fans, the management and the club. Having someone in the club not afraid to tell him that BS is not acceptable is probably not a bad thing.

One does have to question whether he would have done this was Keane still at the club.

Rowley, this is why a manger like Pearson would be good, to not take bs and tell players a gew home truths.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:28 pm

Rowley wrote:I am never too sure what to think of Collymore. In the plus column he cares passionately about the club and has its best interests at heart, also as anyone who listens his radio show will know he does have genuine insights into the game. Those are the pluses, on the downside as anyone who follows him on social media will know he does seem to like a row and does have something of an ego.

Perfect for management then!!

One only hopes that Stan isn't using this as a means of battling his own personal demons which, listening to him speak last night seem far from beaten. He's still bitter over the Ulrika incident. He gave his version of events (as it was on the radio, I'm not libeling anyone...fingers crossed). He says he was have mental issues at the time he was dating her and prior to the assault something happened that he wouldn't divulge. He says they were in a bar filled with Scottish supporters who began abusing him etc. He looked for Ulrika and found her behind a bar in a Scotland shirt pulling pints. He went over and said that they needed to leave as it was hostile and unpleasant. She refused and he took her out of the bar where she called him a name which caused him to slap her across the face. He regrets it, says that there's no justification for that sort of thing and basically says all the things a repentant adult should. However, his issue is the way he's still vilified in the media over it and cites Britain's football legend GAZZA who openly admitted that he pushed his wife down some stairs and systematically abused her for years yet is still revered by the media (or was until his alcoholism caused everyone to look at their shoes and mumble something about needing to get home quickly).

Personally I think that until Stan learns to let his bitterness to wards the tabloids go, the Ulrika thing will be used as a stick to beat him with whenever he loses his temper (which if he's Villa boss would be quite frequent) and the whole sordid issue will be dragged into the daylight for people to pore over its festering remains again.

Re Gabby, I guess that there'll be plenty of players looking to jump ship now that the club is in freefall and they'll use any means necessary to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:29 pm

Pearson is my preferred choice. Think we have to be realistic about where we are. We are in the Championship, not only that but heading into the championship with an awful side with poor discipline. It needs a proper shake up and a guy who knows the division inside out, Pearson fits the bill.

Personally I think those calling for Moyes are only doing it so it allows us to delude ourselves we are still a huge club, appointing a former Man Utd manager and all that. Not saying we're not a big club but we're in the sh!t, we need someone to come in and shake things up and quickly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:31 pm

westisbest wrote:

Rowley, this is why a manger like Pearson would be good, to not take bs and tell players a gew home truths.
Problem with Pearson is that the general view of him is that, like Roy Keane, he's a f*cking loudmouth bully and this current squad in this current frame of mind won't give two sh!ts what comes out of his mouth. They're like a bunch of stroppy teenagers doing what they want and laughing at everyone trying to help and advise them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Re Gabby, I guess that there'll be plenty of players looking to jump ship now that the club is in freefall and they'll use any means necessary to do so.

Think that does not add up with Gabby though is if we kick him out where does he think he is going to go? He is a fat striker with ill discipline who never scores goals. Can hardly see Barca and Real Madrid going head to head for his signature. If he thinks he is finding another club to pay him what he will be getting at the Villa he is even thicker than I suggested earlier.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:39 pm

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Think that does not add up with Gabby though is if we kick him out where does he think he is going to go? He is a fat striker with ill discipline who never scores goals. Can hardly see Barca and Real Madrid going head to head for his signature. If he thinks he is finding another club to pay him what he will be getting at the Villa he is even thicker than I suggested earlier.
Didn't say it was the smartest move but this is the arrogance of some of these players. A guy who parties his face of whilst the ref's whistle still echoes around the ground where his team's relegation has just been confirmed is the same kind of c*ckwomble that thinks people will be queuing up for his signature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:42 pm

That is a special kind of stupid if you're right. (I fear you are)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:46 pm

It's maybe not on the Balotelli scale of stupidity and arrogance but pretty close. Dear old Mario, says he doesn't want to work with Jurgen Klopp. Can't think of many footballers who would turn down the opportunity to work with someone like him but thaaaaaat's Mario.

You don't fancy taking him off our hands do you? If Adebayor can go to Palace, Balotelli can go to Villa...please??!?!?!

Right, home time, I've been here long enough today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:52 pm

I'd forgotten you even had him. Swap deal for gabby? We will chuck Lescott in if that helps.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 20 Apr 2016, 11:14 am

Just curious.

But do Villa players have relegation clauses in there contracts, (ie we go down and your wages drop by so much %), does anyone now?

As for the players, makes me laugh. We will be dire all season, but as soon as we go down someone else is bound to want us and our big PL contracts. Really why? We had the same with quite a few of our players last year, and oh look there all still at the club (though I really wish some had gone hi Tom, Mo etc).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 5:57 pm

Rowley wrote:King's letter is kicking about on Twitter. He lays the blame firmly with Lerner. His closing line is pretty much that until the club is sold we are screwed.
It seems you and twitter are a few steps ahead of the BBC: "Aston Villa: David Bernstein and Lord King left after Randy Lerner row". It seems they privately discussed frustrations they were having with the club which included criticism of Randy Lerner. Someone leaked their emails to Randy Lerner and he replied emotionally with a "stinging rebuke". Bernstein and King responded emotionally by immediately taking the decision to resign. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36094976

What is clear is that there are problems with Aston Villa and it seems those problems come from indecision at the top, with Randy Lerner, who seems to be allowing the club to drift aimlessly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Apr 2016, 8:05 pm

I remember many years ago reading some comments by a Cleveland Browns fan who basically said villa would never achieve anything with Lerner in charge. He basically said Lerner run the Browns for 15 years and they never one made the post season, with the draft system in America that is nigh on impossible.

Looking on the outside some decisions do seem odd. Take the sacking of Garde. He was sacked far too late to look to get someone in and try and keep us up, so we can dismiss that as the idea. Given this most assumed the idea was to get someone in for the last few weeks let him have a look at the squad, see what he has got, what he needs and then he can hit the ground running come the summer. This has not happened, given this one has to ask why bother getting rid of Garde? May as well have waited till the season need it would seem.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 21 Apr 2016, 3:36 pm

A group of Aston villa supporting business men are in pole position to purchase the club off Lerner.

Price could rise to £100mill

Consortium, partly based in uk, partly based in mainland Europe.

Might be an announcement in next 48 hours.
Saw on sky sports news.

Also read that the top tier of the Trinity Road stand will be closed next season to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm

According to caretaker boss Eric Black Aston Villa defender Jores Okore is refusing to play for the club.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36115814

With Gabriel Agbonlahor suspended by the club, what an absolute stinker must be the Aston Villa dressing room.

This coupled with resignations at board level, Aston Villa must be danger of further turmoil and trouble. Randy Lerner, who has already accepted responsibility for Aston Villa's plight has to now let the club go. It seems to be falling apart under his stewardship ("absentee landlord").

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 23 Apr 2016, 2:24 pm

I hope he (Okore) never gets to play for a top flight club in any country again.

We all work normal jobs, some work long hours all sorts, and you have a guy like him in a position most fans dream of and simply its insulting.

Let him rot in the u21's.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 23 Apr 2016, 4:54 pm

Well that's a pity. I thought this game could really kick-start Villa's season.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm

Just back from brum.

What a woefull game to say the least.
Sooner the season ends the better.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:13 pm

Stan Petrov wants to come out of retirement and play for the villa again.

Be great to have him at the club again. Maybe better suited in a coaching role.

At 36 may not get to much game time.
Would help out the younger players a great deal.

Its a real shame what happend to Stan, who gave it his all and then there are players like Lescott.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 6:31 pm

Well, just about over that defeat.

It would have been great just to get a win this late in the season.
So dissapointing to be that close, then mess it up as usual.

Thankfully that wasn't the game to send us down.
There would have been murder.

soinded like we played well for a change.

Just hope we can get something out of the last 2 games in this league, just to restore a bit of pride of nothing else.

Not holding my breath though.

I may go next week and say goodbye to the prem in outlet last home game.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 30 Apr 2016, 7:07 pm

Would have been hurtful if it wasn't so predictable, didn't hold out much hope once the red card was shown and so wasn't too disappointed at the end though it was still annoying. Has to be one of the most c*ntish seasons ever, dreading to think what the last few games will bring. The only worse season I can think of was Palace once going down in the same season they got knocked out of both cup semifinals.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm

I just hope we can hold onto Ayew.
By far our best player. Think he would do well in championship.

Would defiantly get into a few other premiership teams/squads.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 10:11 pm

Got a dodgy feeling about tomorrow, our resurgence now means we're expected to really win this, but I think we will make hard work of this. If we don't win, think that's pretty much killed our chances. Think your players might give a little more, seeing as it's the last home game at Villa Park, possibly a performance to say 'sorry' for this year & stick with us going into next year kind of thing. We also haven't won away from home since December.

Interesting to see if Rafa sticks with Colback/Tiote or brings Shelvey back in, seeing as we really should be on the offensive against a poor Villa side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 May 2016, 10:25 pm

No chance Villa players will be giving any extra. Gotta say, you deserve to go if you don't win this

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 May 2016, 10:31 pm

There's no way Newcastle don't win tomorrow, this villa side has no pride, passion or ability
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:37 pm

Actually agree with John.
Not saying we will win, but can see us nicking it.

Played well last week, probably should have won.

Last home game in prem, hope some players step up.
Newcastle have to go for it, so we may catch them on the break.

Lot of pressure on them.

Having said that, some of our players, not all, probably will continue to not care.

Would just love us to get a win, dreadful season, would be great to end it with a win.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 06 May 2016, 11:41 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:There's no way Newcastle don't win tomorrow, this villa side has no pride, passion or ability

Ayew would walk into Norwich's team.
Just saying, as you mentioned ability.

He is one of very few that do care, Clark being another.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2016, 10:00 am

Seen fight in Villa's last two games, they've nearly beaten Watford & Southampton, scoring four goals. Last home game, I'd expect them to make it very difficult for Newcastle, especially seeing as Newcastle will be nervous, given they need to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man Sat 07 May 2016, 10:23 am

Squeeky bum time Very Happy
How's the nerves John?
I can't see anything but a toon win, but I think goalless in first half, then toon win 2-0

Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2016, 10:54 am

Nerves are shot to pieces

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 07 May 2016, 11:04 am

LiamB wrote:Seen fight in Villa's last two games, they've nearly beaten Watford & Southampton, scoring four goals. Last home game, I'd expect them to make it very difficult for Newcastle, especially seeing as Newcastle will be nervous, given they need to win.

Was at the saints game and in fairness we were pretty poor.

If we can continue from Watford game except last couple of mins, we may have a chance.

If we manage to score first, the pressure will really mount for Newcastle.

As I said I just want us to play well and hopefully end this dreadful season with a final home win.

Ayew and Gestede played well together last week, causing Watford problems.
If they both start, hopefully can cause Newcastle defence problems.

Sadly a hungover overweight Sunday league team can cause our defence problems.
Should be an interesting game.

If it wasn't against us I would wish the toon well.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2016, 4:48 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:There's no way Newcastle don't win tomorrow

You were saying. Olly, we're both gone

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 07 May 2016, 4:55 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:There's no way Newcastle don't win tomorrow, this villa side has no pride, passion or ability

You were saying

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 08 May 2016, 8:50 am

Must say after the terrible season we have had, the support yesterday was fantastic.

We will continue our great support next season and hope it will help in our fight to come back up.

Also good to see a couple of youngsters in the squad yesterday.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 08 May 2016, 8:58 am

Sell Gardner to us pls
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 08 May 2016, 9:09 am

Knowing Villa we probably will GSC.

We have to keep him, could be a vital player.

In fairness he may want to leave Villa.
Not given a chance.

If so it will be another decent youngster let go.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 15 May 2016, 8:22 am

Well our last ever game in the premiership(hopefully just for one season).

It's been an interesting journey to say the least.

Probably end how it's been going with another loss.
We have done ok at Emirates at times.

Heard some of the young lads will get a run out, we shall see.

Although, the sun is shining as it did back in August.
We started with a win, let's end with one.

Ok, ok, calm down.

It's farewell to this premier league stuff.

I hope we will be back sooner rather than later.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 15 May 2016, 5:14 pm

Well, thank f*ck this season is over.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content