The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JP Morgan sevens coverage on itv 4 at the moment.. All English Premiership clubs.

+4
doctor_grey
HammerofThunor
Knackeredknees
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

JP Morgan sevens coverage on itv 4 at the moment.. All English Premiership clubs. Empty JP Morgan sevens coverage on itv 4 at the moment.. All English Premiership clubs.

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Jul 2012, 6:35 pm

Enjoy

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

JP Morgan sevens coverage on itv 4 at the moment.. All English Premiership clubs. Empty Re: JP Morgan sevens coverage on itv 4 at the moment.. All English Premiership clubs.

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 16 Jul 2012, 6:52 pm

Is it just showing games involving the Premiership clubs?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

JP Morgan sevens coverage on itv 4 at the moment.. All English Premiership clubs. Empty Re: JP Morgan sevens coverage on itv 4 at the moment.. All English Premiership clubs.

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Jul 2012, 6:57 pm

I think it's just a premiership club comp...?

No mention of anyone outside the premiership..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:12 pm

Just wondered as they have a deal with the Premiership and normally only show games involving them when in HEC and stuff.

Thought it was a Premiership only but maybe one or two invitational sides

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:27 pm

It's just a warm up 7s comp for the premiership teams. They run it every year. Some sides use to to blood new players. Others send pretty strong squads. No one else is involved.

Newcastle won it last year.

PS Welsh are playing next week in the 'northern' group with Sale, Tigers and Saints at Edgely park. I think the other 'pool' games are played at Kingsholm. Then the finals are at the Rec.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm

When are the next set of matches?
For some reason I thought these were all on Fridays.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 17 Jul 2012, 8:30 am

HammerofThunor wrote:It's just a warm up 7s comp for the premiership teams. They run it every year. Some sides use to to blood new players. Others send pretty strong squads. No one else is involved.

Newcastle won it last year.

PS Welsh are playing next week in the 'northern' group with Sale, Tigers and Saints at Edgely park. I think the other 'pool' games are played at Kingsholm. Then the finals are at the Rec.

Are you saying that the defending champions (Newcastle) won't be allowed to defend their crown? That's awful.

How does the ITV 4 coverage work? The first pool stage (the London clubs) was shown on ESPN. I believe the final stage in on ESPN too.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 17 Jul 2012, 9:28 am

All rounds are live on ESPN I believe. The ITV shows are highlights programs which are repeated on ITV and ITV4 at various times through the week.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 17 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

Why are London Welsh in the 'Northern' pool?

Is it just that they are a straight replacement for Newcastle? Seems harsh on Newcastle that they won't be able to defend their crown - especially as it was so short notice that they wouldn't be in the AV

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 17 Jul 2012, 5:15 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Why are London Welsh in the 'Northern' pool?

Is it just that they are a straight replacement for Newcastle? Seems harsh on Newcastle that they won't be able to defend their crown - especially as it was so short notice that they wouldn't be in the AV

Blaim LW censored

London Welsh are in the 'Northern' Pool because the 4 'London' clubs are grouped together and Bath, Exeter, Gloucester and Worcester are kind of grouped together. Oxford's not that far from Northampton either.

I watched the highlights on Sunday night on ITV. The games are every weekend aren't they?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 17 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

Arent lw just as much of a london club as wasps or irish?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 17 Jul 2012, 6:31 pm

Oxford is further away from London than Reading, Watford, Twickenham or Wycombe...so no

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

But none (except Twickers) are actually London Whistle

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:26 am

I'm from Stoke so everything in the SE is 'London' to me

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:33 am

HammerofThunor wrote:I'm from Stoke so everything in the SE is 'London' to me

I'm from Cumbria, everything south of Birmingham is London to me. laughing
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

I'm from the beautiful countryside of Wales, so anything east of the bridge is the 'Big Smoke' to me ! Very Happy

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:14 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I'm from the beautiful countryside of Wales, so anything east of the bridge is the 'Big Smoke' to me ! Very Happy

Where abouts in Wales is that? I must have missed it. Or are you a gog?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

I'm originally from West Wales, Llanelli but the commetn was a bit tongue in cheek as I live in Cardiff now

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:22 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I'm originally from West Wales, Llanelli but the commetn was a bit tongue in cheek as I live in Cardiff now

I guessed (the West Wales bit). I lived in Swansea with a lovely view across the bay (at Port Talbot) vomit

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

Yeah the less said about Port Talbot with it's yellow grass the better - though Margam Park is beautiful.

I put my comment up as I felt left out from all the Midland and Northern comments about the South East being London...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

The more the merrier.

Cumbrian, only Birmingham? I would have thought it would have been below Mancester.

I can't win being from the north midlands. To northerners you're a southerner, and to southerners you're a northerner. No wonder we have an identity crisis in England Shocked

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

Identity crisis... Try having Wurzels songs sung at you every time you go home to visit friends/ family because you had the temerity to move to the West Country!

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:35 am

Glaws vs Exeter.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:43 am

Tom Biggs looks a lot like Joe Elliot of Def Leopard

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down