The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trussman - a credit to the board

+25
Strongback
two_tone
ONETWOFOREVER
Mind the windows Tino.
milkyboy
Imperial Ghosty
superflyweight
azania
Il Gialloblu
two_ton
davidemore
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
paperbag_puncher
Melkor
mobilemaster8
ShahenshahG
Union Cane
TopHat24/7
Rowley
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Fists of Fury
JabMachineMK2
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trussman - a credit to the board - Page 2 Empty Trussman - a credit to the board

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Morning Gents,

Well, the unexpected happened, and Garcia knocked Khan out. I said I'd write an ode to how valuable Truss is to these boards and I stick by it as a man of my word.

Truss is VITAL to these boards as an objective viewpoint. Much the same as Azania and those types. You love to hate them. If you have a stalwart opinion you can bet that someone on these boards will have an opposition. Some come forward with reason and evidence such as Chris. While some come forward with insults and arrogance - what can possibly be bad about that? Truss invokes debate. For forums thats always a positive. When new posters see his responses, i can imagine the first thing on their mind is to jump in to the argument and get involved. There's no intimidation factor there, and if I'm honest I think its a good thing he is so patriotic. Steffan, Super D, Derek McKee (Irish right?) etc - all different nationalities rooting for their boxers. He's a positive. FACKT. His writing ability and debating style are TOP QUALITY and I think I speak for us all when I say...

Long live Truss.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Trussman - a credit to the board - Page 2 Empty Re: Trussman - a credit to the board

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:29 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I still don't fully understand how Coxy managed to go from being a respected member of the old BBC board (well, mostly respected anyway) to being the village idiot of 606v2 within the space of a few months. I think I'd rather converse with a lashed Jim Davidson than the latter incarnation of Mr Cox. It was getting to the point where, quite literally, I just decided I was going to disagree with anything he said no matter what, he was that annoying. Particularly when it came to a discussion concerning Roy Jones, Mike Tyson or Naseem Hamed.

Couldn't carry Truss' jockstrap.

Surely that contributed to the problem. The same thing happened to D4 no matter what he said people went off on one but sometimes he or she spoke sense. Waingro was the same at times he talked sense but because his grammar wasn't up to the standards of the brain trust he got shot down and talked about like he was a fool.

Personally I liked Coxy and think the board is a poorer place without him and Scottrf although Scott mainly just corrected people.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Trussman - a credit to the board - Page 2 Empty Re: Trussman - a credit to the board

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:35 pm

A broken watch is right twice a day Kev, still wouldn't wear one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:38 pm

If I'm honest I thought d4 had mental issues...he was so transparent...

He'd big up Manny's opponents even If they were garbage....denigrate Mayweather at every opportunity...and wasn't inclusive in anything else...

I knew what articles he was going to write before he wrote them...

I don't miss him...

one trick ponies get tiresome especially when they know what they are doing it!!

I hate one trick ponies...

Duran was rolled like a drunk..
Lewis is canadian..
Curry was weight drained....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:42 pm

Well I perhaps overexaggerated a little there, Kev, but still, can't say I found myself agreeing with Coxy all that much. I tended to steer clear of D4 for the final year or so of his tenure so can't back up your claims there.

I think a lot of Coxy's problem was that he seemed to think that displaying any kind of admiration or respect for any fighter whose peak came after the eighties was basically an admission of knowing nothing about the sport. He's the primary reason, I think, for that daft, snobbish line of "you're just a BoxRec merchant" (or something to that effect) which rears a very ugly head now and then.

Intersting at times, but not a poster I'm going to miss all that much!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:46 pm

rowley wrote:A broken watch is right twice a day Kev, still wouldn't wear one.

My mate wore a broken Rolex for months because it cost a fortune to get a new battery in it and he was skint. He wouldn't take it off because it was a Rolex.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:49 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

I think a lot of Coxy's problem was that he seemed to think that displaying any kind of admiration or respect for any fighter whose peak came after the eighties was basically an admission of knowing nothing about the sport.

Pah, admiration for any fighter after the 1880's is real knowledge, give me Mace or Cribb over any of these modern fancy dans with their airs and graces and namby pamby gloves.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm

Coxy was funny. A big attention seeker though. Always posted stuff to get an effect and for others to view him as a bit of a lad. Sad really. Didn't even realise he was gone.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:I still don't fully understand how Coxy managed to go from being a respected member of the old BBC board (well, mostly respected anyway) to being the village idiot of 606v2 within the space of a few months. I think I'd rather converse with a lashed Jim Davidson than the latter incarnation of Mr Cox. It was getting to the point where, quite literally, I just decided I was going to disagree with anything he said no matter what, he was that annoying. Particularly when it came to a discussion concerning Roy Jones, Mike Tyson or Naseem Hamed.

Surely that contributed to the problem. The same thing happened to D4 no matter what he said people went off on one but sometimes he or she spoke sense. Waingro was the same at times he talked sense but because his grammar wasn't up to the standards of the brain trust he got shot down and talked about like he was a fool.

Personally I liked Coxy and think the board is a poorer place without him and Scottrf although Scott mainly just corrected people.

Are you still smarting about the Isaac Newton incident Kev?

D4 did indeed have some ok stuff to say, but a fillet steak is nice however I wouldn't eat it if it was swamped in snot. As for Waingro, he was an undefendable moron.

Though I do agree with the sentiment that I'd like Scottrf and Coxy back.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

To be fair to the mod team, although this was before my time I believe I am right in saying Scott chose to leave he was not banned, windy challenged him on whether some of his posts were written solely to get a rise out of people, Scott acknowledged they were, windy asked him reasonably enough if he wouldn't mind stopping and he said chose to leave rather than stop trying to annoy people.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:12 pm

To be fair to the mod team, although this was before my time I believe I am right in saying Scott chose to leave he was not banned, windy challenged him on whether some of his posts were written solely to get a rise out of people, Scott acknowledged they were, windy asked him reasonably enough if he wouldn't mind stopping and he said chose to leave rather than stop trying to annoy people.

I can think of more worthwhile principled stands to take.

As chris says, Coxy started off ok on 606 but allowed himself to be dragged down by D4. When D4 left he had no purpose.

Whatever happened to archbritishchris? If anyone was ever a boxrec merchant it was him. Also had a really strange writing style and habit of acting all academic when making the most obvious of points.

He was also D4's right hand man in many a Floyd/Manny debate. I'm still awaiting a response from him as to why he thinks Manny's victory over Oscar is amazing whilst Floyd's win over Oscar is tainted. He point blank refused to answer but I hold out faint hope.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

superflyweight wrote:

I can think of more worthwhile principled stands to take.

It's hardly Burley refusing to go to the Berlin Olympics is it or Larry Holmes refusing to fight in South Africa during the apartheid era is it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

D4 did indeed have some ok stuff to say, but a fillet steak is nice however I wouldn't eat it if it was swamped in snot. As for Waingro, he was an undefendable moron.

Am I missing something? Headscratch
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

Subtlety was d4's biggest problem or lack of!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:22 pm

Was D4 a he or a she?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

Coxy's ex....That's why he hated her so much!!! broken

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Sorry, thought it was you that got some stick on here for also not knowing who Newton was when people were giving Khan stick for answering some quiz question incorrectly. Hence your 'brain trust' comment, but maybe I was wrong.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:27 pm

Archbritchris was far worse than d4, everyone he posted came directly off boxrec, never had the misfortune to debate with anyone with less knowledge before or since.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

You don't remember SWEETDEANO then.....

Probably the biggest a-hole in history!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

As odd as this may seem, I actually stumbled across D4's YouTube profile not long ago - I believe it was on a video regarding some aspect of the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, on which he'd left a comment saying something like "The pound for pound number one (Pacquiao, of course) fights the pound for pound number six, because the pound for pound number five (Mayweather) is hiding like a coward in jail."

Yes, he still bangs that drum.

Anyhow, according to the D4 profile, he's a 34 (!) year old male and still lives in the UK. Lucky us.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Sorry, thought it was you that got some stick on here for also not knowing who Newton was when people were giving Khan stick for answering some quiz question incorrectly. Hence your 'brain trust' comment, but maybe I was wrong.

I think I know what you are talking about. People were slagging Khan for not knowing who he was then when I asked I got about 3 totally different answers from 3 different people.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

"If he ever gets a pair"...

Think that was his trademark line!!!

if he ever went on stage that would be his curtain call!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:42 pm

I think I know what you are talking about. People were slagging Khan for not knowing who he was then when I asked I got about 3 totally different answers from 3 different people.

It's not that Khan didn't know who Newton was. It was the fact that he claimed he didn't know because he was only 24.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:

It's not that Khan didn't know who Newton was. It was the fact that he claimed he didn't know because he was only 24.

That was the incident, but you definitely didn't get 3 different answers. At the risk of sounding like an (educated) football fan/drunk - there's only 1 Isaac Newton.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Right well I'm 27 and didn't know who he was I don't get punched for a living so I wouldn't be to hard on him. I Googled him and read a bit and have to say I understood almost none of what I read so I am none the wiser other than I now know he was a scientist and he wrote a book about science.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

That was the incident, but you definitely didn't get 3 different answers. At the risk of sounding like an (educated) football fan/drunk - there's only 1 Isaac Newton.

I did get 3 different answers off 3 different people that's how I remember it. I don't claim to be an intelligent man my wife says I sound punch drunk and have an awful habit of not finishing sentences but I would never mock someone because they aren't as educated or book smart as me it doesn't make you any more intelligent.

Without sounding too arrogant I left school at 15 and I'm now 27 and pretty much retired knowing who Newton was would have benefited me in no way the same as it would have no benefit to Khan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:55 pm

Without sounding too arrogant I left school at 15 and I'm now 27 and pretty much retired

There is some decent money in drug dealing Kev.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:00 pm

It's not the lack of knowledge that is the problem. It's the ridiculous reason given for not knowing. On the basis of Khan's reasoning, only someone aged about 450 should know who Newton is.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

superflyweight wrote:It's not the lack of knowledge that is the problem. It's the ridiculous reason given for not knowing. On the basis of Khan's reasoning, only someone aged about 450 should know who Newton is.

Fair enough but he's a boxer the guy gets punched in the head regularly I think your expecting a bit too much from him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

rowley wrote:

Without sounding too arrogant I left school at 15 and I'm now 27 and pretty much retired

There is some decent money in drug dealing Kev.

That is a horrible stereotype an uneducated Glasgow man with a few bob must be a crook and I am deeply offended. Wink

I am honestly not and never have been a drug dealer mind you I would just like to point that out.

Last edited by SugarRayRussell (PBK) on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

Thing is both coxy & D4 had decent boxing knowledge. D4 obviously had some sort of mental block over the floyd/manny issue that made him impossible to converse with on it as he was so frustratingly irrational (either that or the greatest WUM in 606 history). But it has to be said, D4 had coxy's number and played him like old piano whenever he felt like it. You could see coxys rage coming through the screen with his capital letters, insults and effing & blinding. D4 maintained a calmness and unshakable belief in his opinions that drove coxy to the brink of insanity. Didn't know scottrf had gone, he also knew his boxing but barely ever wrote more than one sentence and that would often be a pompous correction of some sort.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm

What happened to Daz he seemed sane and knew his stuff?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:20 pm

D4 reminded me of an old girlfriend back in the day.....

She was crazy about Madonna..

and no matter If the subject was Isaac Newton....Roosevelt....MT Everest or sado-masochism...

She'd find some way to link it with the old girl!!!

Needless to say she bought the farm quickly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:24 pm

I thought Scott was axed for multiple accounts or that's what I was told anyway.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:10 pm

Never believe what they tell you Ghosty.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:15 pm

Love how this topic turned out.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:08 pm

I'm rather concerned for the captain - anyone know where he has gone? I'm aware he runs his own business but nary a word for 6-7 months is unusual for him.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

I think it's a question which has crossed just about everyone's mind at some point in recent months, Shah. Certainly hope we haven't seen the last of him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:14 pm

The captain last visited on May 31st, so he has been online in that time but seemingly without contributing.

I too hope to see him back.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

Deliberating whether to remove Truss from my foe list....

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

Have emailed the captain, apparently I can do this with my new badge, will keep you posted.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

Cheers fists - so all is probably well - and oxring must be taking his exams now?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm

Correct.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:49 pm

Oxy's a medic right? Pretty intense exams, could be a while till he's back in the fray!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:15 pm

I am honestly not and never have been a drug dealer mind you I would just like to point that out.

who'd be a drug dealer when you can earn such good money wearing a velcro suit and being chucked against a wall eh kev?

definitely some names on here who are sadly missed, and coxy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm

None of you missed me when I was away for the first 6 months of this year. D'you know how that makes me feel you unfeeling b*stards? Be a wum like D4 and everyone knows your name, be a steady but regular poster and no-one cares if you're dead or alive Crying or Very sad
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:34 pm

its a cruel world. If its any consolation, I missed you, the unforgettable sluggerboy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm

Awww thanks... errr... milkyman is it?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:51 pm

I heard it straight from Windys own typing, was on a thread about Bob Fitzsimmons and the old timers.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:41 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Archbritchris was far worse than d4

I have always been convinced they were one and the same person, Ghosty. I am sure D4 practically admitted it on a old BBC thread.

I could be wrong, but Lumbering Jack will tell you how good I am at exposing aliases!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:51 am

None of you can hold a candle to SpeedTheory who exposed ADAD as a fraudster and criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next