The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBC effectively ban unification bouts.

+2
hampo17
Melkor
6 posters

Go down

WBC effectively ban unification bouts. Empty WBC effectively ban unification bouts.

Post by Melkor Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

More BS from JCC Jr's godfather, Jose Sulaiman:

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-chief-khan-garcia-winner-vacate-one-title--54954

The winner of this Saturday’s junior-welterweight unification bout between Amir Khan and Danny Garcia will have to vacate one of his two world titles, according to World Boxing Council President José Sulaimán.

Khan-Garcia will be for the WBC and WBA belts, though the unification won’t last for long.

That’s because the World Boxing Council hasn’t recently allowed for its world title to remain unified with other sanctioning body belts, though.

Just last month, 105-pound titleholder Kazuto Ioka defeated Akira Yaegashi, adding Yaegashi’s WBA title to his own WBC belt. Ioka and Yaegashi had been told beforehand that the winner would need to relinquish one of the titles. Ioka opted to keep the WBA belt and ditch the WBC.

And in another noteworthy instance three years ago, Timothy Bradley was told he’d have to pick between his WBC title and the WBO belt he’d just won from Kendall Holt. Bradley held onto the WBO belt and vacated the WBC.

The aforementioned bouts came with the WBC’s blessing in advance. The news of another belt other than their own being at stake for this weekend’s HBO headliner in Las Vegas was, well, news to the WBC’s leadership.

“It is a real surprise to know … that the WBA title is involved,” Sulaimán told BoxingScene.com via email Thursday night. “The WBC will accept only the WBC. Whoever doesn’t want it, the title is vacant.”

With any luck this will prompt fighters to shun the WBC belt in any future unification bouts, sidelining that organisation altogether until it's no longer regarded as one of the 'main' belts.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

WBC effectively ban unification bouts. Empty Re: WBC effectively ban unification bouts.

Post by hampo17 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:10 am

What a load of rubbish, having the undisputed world champion is what boxing is about. WBC just seem to ruining what reputation they have left with decisions like these.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WBC effectively ban unification bouts. Empty Re: WBC effectively ban unification bouts.

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

Well the WBC has just become a paper title congratulations!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

Seems Riddick Bowe was right all these years to put that belt in the trash can.....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

James Toney had it right. WBC = We Be Crooks

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 14 Jul 2012, 1:55 pm

It means less than the IBO or WBU title in my opinion.

I suppose it means that they will now get rid of the stupid Diamond Championship and the Emirates Belt too?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Sat 14 Jul 2012, 8:12 pm

School Project wrote:It means less than the IBO or WBU title in my opinion.

I suppose it means that they will now get rid of the stupid Diamond Championship and the Emirates Belt too?

I doubt it. Not for as long as they can wring a profit out of them. You have a point about the IBO though; they only have one champion per belt. Surely it must be a matter of time before people see the WBC for what they are, and pay them less and less respect.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 Jul 2012, 8:46 pm

On a thread about the WBC someone had to mention JCC Jnr. Leeaaaavvvve it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:09 pm

Melkor wrote:

I doubt it. Not for as long as they can wring a profit out of them. You have a point about the IBO though; they only have one champion per belt. Surely it must be a matter of time before people see the WBC for what they are, and pay them less and less respect.

Yeah I agree, I remember our conversation about the IBO. Their "integrity policy" makes sense... no different to the Ring belt (one champion only). Despite the change to the Ring Magazine, I still only recognise those who carry it as their number one.

I think the main reason WBC have done this is so their "Champions" don't have to pay any subsidised fees when they hold more than 1 belt. Either way, the WBC have long been a joke... Don King has always paid for better rankings and it seems no different for Top Rank to do the same for the WBC.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

School Project wrote:
Melkor wrote:

Yeah I agree, I remember our conversation about the IBO. Their "integrity policy" makes sense... no different to the Ring belt (one champion only). Despite the change to the Ring Magazine, I still only recognise those who carry it as their number one.

I think the main reason WBC have done this is so their "Champions" don't have to pay any subsidised fees when they hold more than 1 belt. Either way, the WBC have long been a joke... Don King has always paid for better rankings and it seems no different for Top Rank to do the same for the WBC.

I suspect the WBC are hoping fighters will choose their belt, thereby lending it more credibility and diminishing the other alphabets in the process. I'm hoping the opposite happens, because the WBC seem to be more crooked than a dog's hind leg. Spitting their dummy out at Chisora after the Klit fight, but turning a blind eye to Margo, Mayweather and big fat JCC Jr for their illegal handwraps, woman-beating and complete disregard for basic boxing courtesy, rules and regulations, respectively. They may as well call themselves the MBC and be done with it, to be honest. I'm hoping Martinez sparks Jr, but suspect that Jr has prolonged the fight long enough to have improved a bit, waited for Martinez to get a bit older, and on top of that Jr seems to have all the advantages; ring size, crap doping regs, monumental weight gain, and his godfather and the Bobfather running the show.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

azania wrote:On a thread about the WBC someone had to mention JCC Jnr. Leeaaaavvvve it.
Leave what? The two are inseparable, in boxing terms.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

In what way?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

azania wrote:In what way?
I'm sure it doesn't need spelling out. I'm hoping your original comment was sarcasm.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:57 pm

Would you add Canelo also?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

azania wrote:Would you add Canelo also?
To what?

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:21 am

To the WBC hate fest. After all he has had some ridiculous wbc favouritism.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:43 am

azania wrote:To the WBC hate fest. After all he has had some ridiculous wbc favouritism.

Canelo happens to be Mexican right? Although he isn't as manufactured... winning a belt from "Magic" Matthew Hatton is a joke. Just like Morales was when he "won" his WBC Light Welterweight belt against the amazing Pablo Cesar Cano (who??) - Who just happened to be a Mexican too.

I think the funny thing with JCC Jr is the order in which he "won" the belt - it's as clear as day how manufactured the structure was:

Martinez wins belt from Pavlik, WBC sanction the P. Williams fight as Williams is listed in their rankings and Pavlik waivered the rematch clause (due to drinking issues). WBC orders Martinez to fight Sebastian Zbik as his mandatory, but advise he is allowed 1 fight of choice in between... he picks Serhiy Dzinziruk.

This is where it gets funny... WBC strip Martinez for not following their rules. Give the belt to Zbik... BUT they recognise the fight between Martinez and Dzinziruk? Martinez is awarded the "Diamond" belt afterwards (bare in mind that the Diamond belt is WBC's way of awarding the winner of a super fight... Dzinziruk is certainly not of this level). Martinez and Dzinziruk still have to pay sanctioning fees...

In the mean time, Chavez Jr has won the WBC Silver Middleweight title... after becoming the mandatory DESPITE BEING TESTED FOR ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. No ban is given and the WBC sanction his fights. He has 2 fights as the Silver Champion and the second the belt is given to Zbik, Chavez Jr is awarded the mandatory challenger.

Now, he was outboxed throughout the fight but still won the belt.

WHY? Because José Suiliman is JCC jr's Godfather, is family friends with the Chavez family, likes having Mexicans as champs.

Hope's this clears things up Az, as the WBC is pretty much JCC Jr's family. Hence the reason the fact fool never takes drug tests.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:55 am

Its all about the Benjamins. There are 4 levels in boxig. Floys and Pac are the top. Canelo and JCC are 2nd. Khan is nearing 2nd tier he's on the same tier as Martinez. JCC was giften the belt because he sells tickets. Ditto Canelo. They bring the money in so the organisations will bend over and spread their cheeks to let them in. They will lube up and take it in deep.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down