The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Stats - Seeds in line winning Grandslams in 2012

2 posters

Go down

Interesting Stats - Seeds in line winning Grandslams in 2012 Empty Interesting Stats - Seeds in line winning Grandslams in 2012

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:12 am

1st Grand Slam of the year(Aus) : No 1 seed won (Djokovic).
2nd Grand Slam of the year(French) : No 2 seed won (Nadal).
3rd Grand Slam of the year(Wimbeldon) : No 3 seed won (Federer).
4th Grand Slam (US): will Murray(4th seed) do it ? Very Happy better luck.......

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Interesting Stats - Seeds in line winning Grandslams in 2012 Empty Re: Interesting Stats - Seeds in line winning Grandslams in 2012

Post by sirfredperry Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:30 pm

To go with this is the thought that, off the top of my head, this is the first year since 05 that the first three GS have been won by three different guys.
Think I'm right in saying that the last year there were FOUR different winners was 03. So step up Andy M at the USO and we've got another even-split GS year !

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Interesting Stats - Seeds in line winning Grandslams in 2012 Empty Re: Interesting Stats - Seeds in line winning Grandslams in 2012

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:01 pm

Yup that would be great if Andy can win USO, that would make the competition at the top incredible, in my view he proved enough at the Wimbledon that he belong to that top 4 category .

Murray needs to meet a non - top 3 in the finals to kick start his GS count.

Fed won Philly in his first GS 2003 Wimbledon [ a non Top 3]
Nadal beat Mariano Puerta at 2005 FO [ a non Top 3]
Djoko beats Tsonga in 2008 AO [ a non Top 3]

In all the above case the guys had less pressure in the finals and it was much easy to win it in the finals, however yes all the above beat a top 3 before the finals, in Fed's case he beat Andy Roddick on the way and the other two had to beat Fed in the semi's.

In Murray's case he had to face Federer thrice and Djoko once which is no easy task when you are trying to prove everybody you have hit their level.

I wish he gets an outsider like Soderling or Berdych or Tsonga in the finals and muster them for a first title, Murray would be an altogether a different player when he wins his first one. thumbsup , but till then the struggle might continue.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down