The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CM Punk Heel Turn?

+14
Miz NG
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
GSC
Buzzman
Samo
theundisputedY2D2
bretmeharty
The_Essence_of_Excellence
JamesLincs
Fernando
MIG
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Bull
Mr H
18 posters

Go down

CM Punk Heel Turn? Empty CM Punk Heel Turn?

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jul 2012, 1:55 pm

CM Punk had a strange Twitter rant going on Wednesday night, talking about how July 17 would be the day he goes out with a bang. He ended the ranting with a tweet about the Devil and then a fan responded with something, to which Punk offered a strange reply.

26 Jun 12
“@luciusmalfoy: @CMPunk "i am the devil himself, and all of you stupid mindless people fell for it."” You'll see.

Question on Everybody's Mind: Is WWE turning Punk heel?

While it would not seem to make a lot of sense given the timing or direction of the character, it will probably end up happening since he is expected to be feuding with John Cena over the summer.

On the June 20, 2011 episode of Monday Night Raw, CM Punk announced that his contract would expire on July 17 (the same night as the Money in the Bank pay-per-view) and that he would leave WWE with the title after defeating John Cena.

Later that night, CM Punk wrote the following on Twitter:

@CMPunk: I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time.

@CMPunk: I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th.

@CMPunk:
Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me.

XxX

What is interesting about those tweets is that Punk wrote nearly identical comments on his LiveJournal account when he was leaving ROH in 2005. Despite signing a contract with WWE, Punk defeated Austin Aries for the ROH title at Death Before Dishonor III on June 18, 2005. He then threatened to bring the title to WWE (just as he threatened to leave WWE with the WWE title).

Ultimately, history had repeated itself.

Will history repeat itself again?

Unless CM Punk is toying with fans, it looks like history will in fact repeat itself again.

Last night on Twitter, Punk wrote the following:

@CMPunk: THE DEVIL

“@luciusmalfoy: @CMPunk "i am the devil himself, and all of you stupid mindless people fell for it."” You'll see.

Some of you might be thinking, "huh?"

Well, read the promo CM Punk gave after defeating Austin Aries for the ROH title at Death Before Dishonor III in 2005, and things should make more sense. Here is a transcript:

Isn't this the prettiest little thing you've ever seen? It was over a year ago I held this belt high in the air after I fought for it for the first time in Dayton, Ohio against Samoa Joe and I proclaimed this belt the most important thing to me. Right now, in my hands, as of this day 6/18/05, this becomes the most important belt in the world!

This belt in the hands of any other man is just a belt, but in my hands it becomes power. Just like this microphone in the hands of any of the boys in the back is just a microphone, but in the hands of a dangerous man like myself it becomes a pipe-bomb. These words that I speak spoken but anybody else are just words strung loosely together to form sentences. What I say I mean, and what I mean I say, and they become anthems!

You see, if I could be afforded the time here a little bit of a story. There was once an old man, walking home from work. He was walking in the snow, and he stumbled upon a snake frozen in the ice. He took that snake, and he brought it home, and he took care of it, and he thawed it out, and he nursed it back to health. And as soon as that snake was well enough, it bit the old man. And as the old man lay there dying he asked the snake, 'Why? I took care of you. I loved you. I saved your life.' And that snake looked that man right in the eye and said, 'You stupid old man. I'm a snake.'

The greatest thing the devil ever did was make you people believe he didn't exist...and you're looking at him right now! I am the devil himself! And all of you stupid, mindless people fell for it! You all believed in the same make-believe superhero that the legendary Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat saw some year ago today. No, you see, you don't know anything. You followed me hook-line and sinker, all of you did, and I'm not mad at you...I just feel sorry for you.

This belongs to me! Everything you see here belongs to me, and I did what I had to do to get my hands on this. Now I am the greatest pro wrestler walkin' the Earth today! This is my stage, this is my theater, you are my puppets! When I pulled those marionette strings, and I moved your emotions, and I played with them, and honestly it's 'cause I get off on it. I hate each and every single one of you with a thousand burns and I will not stop...I will not stop until I prove that I am better than you, that I am better than Low Ki, that I am better than AJ Styles! I'm better than Samoa Joe. Ladies and gentlemen, the champ is here! You don't have to love it, but you better learn to accept it. 'Cause I'm taking this with me, and there's not a single person in that locker room that can stop me!

This makes CM Punk's tweet from last night a bit cryptic, doesn't it?

Will WWE rehash another CM Punk storyline?

Is CM Punk toying with us or is he hinting at a heel turn?

Do you want CM Punk to turn heel?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

CM Punk Heel Turn? Empty Re: CM Punk Heel Turn?

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

To add to this. Paul Heyman recently tweeted 'Its going to be one hell of an F'n year'. To which Punk replied 'They have no idea'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:10 pm

no i do not think Punk is turning heel and if he did he would probz end up still being cheered

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:14 pm

Could be and then set up CM Punk v Undertaker at Mania also. No Punk Asustin doesn't want to wrestle you at mania and you need to loose to John Cena and turn heel. But how about we let you redo one of your old storylines and give you the Undertaker instead at mania.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

WWE Creative were recently told to come up with a 'knock your socks off' storyline for the summer, could it be this? Could Punk align himself with Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar? Could Punk snap after being WWE Champion for so long yet no being in the Main Event at PPVs, with Cena being there instead?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:23 pm

I have no idea whats going to happen, but I can't wait to find out!!!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:24 pm

Well he always said he was a paul heyman guy Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm

If he turns heel with the next 2 months successfully, i'll change my username to "Mr H's b1tch" for the next 2 months.

He has to genuinely be hated though.....ready to accept H?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jul 2012, 2:58 pm

Is it possible for Punk to be hated?

I accept though AntLord.

One boo from the crowd and i win!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:00 pm

I think you need to put something up against my bet though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

Ok, i will post an appreciation article paying tribute to Scott Steiner.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:11 pm

lmao, antlord. theres a good possibility you'll lose this bet. i can see a team of punk heyman and lesnar working

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

Not in 2 months though surely!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Essence_of_Excellence Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

I could see this happening...even the way he interacted with Cena on Monday saying he was to call the shots was a bit out of character per say.

I hope he does form a killer faction with Lesnar and Heyman as that would be epic!

The_Essence_of_Excellence

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:27 pm

The 2 months where Creative have been told to come up with a 'blow your socks off' storyline. The 2 months where its rumoured Punk will be fueding with Cena. The 2 months where Heyman and Lesnar will feature heavily going into Summerslam.

Feeling confident, AntLord?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

WWE couldn't book themselves out of a paper bag.

Even with the foundations for the "killer faction", just like Punk last year, Brock Lesnar's return and his match with HHH, this thing with HHH has been dragging on for what feels like years, and frankly couldnt care aless about it anymore. So I somehow doubt its going to be any different this time round.
WWE dont know how to play the long game anymore, it always has to all be about now now now, ratings, trending worldwide,

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

bretmeharty wrote:WWE couldn't book themselves out of a paper bag.

what?? hahaaa

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

Whilst I wouldn't want Punk to turn heel any time soon, an alliance between him, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar would be pretty epic. Given Brock's limited schedule, Punk and Heyman could 'hold the fort' so to speak in his absence.

Plus CM Punk and Paul Heyman on the mic together would be absolute gold.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

could lead back to a punk face turn if they were to turn on each other

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

JamesLincs wrote:could lead back to a punk face turn if they were to turn on each other

True. And a match with Stone Cold Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 29 would be far more likely to happen with Punk as a heel.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jul 2012, 3:57 pm

I'd like to see Heyman bribe HHH with making him permanent Raw GM in exchange for him dropping the lawsuit, leading to an office backed heel Punk continuing his mamoth title reign all the way to Wrestlemania where he'd eventually lose the title to Cena.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

Punk wouldn't get a heel reaction is all i'm saying!

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Jul 2012, 4:03 pm

AntLord wrote:Punk wouldn't get a heel reaction is all i'm saying!

I think Punk could easily get a heel reaction, he's one of those guys who can be extremely likeable or extremely obnoxious. I don't think he's reached the Undertaker type level where he's going to get cheered by the majority no matter what he does.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 05 Jul 2012, 4:46 pm

Trying not to get my hopes up. Last years Summer of Punk was brilliant until they got Nash involved. I can see this being another damp squib.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 05 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

CM PUNK CM PUNK! cheers Mr H, you've just got my hope up! they better deliver!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 05 Jul 2012, 6:42 pm

Don't see it. Orton's still suspended and that would just leave Cena as a top face.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sat 07 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

He won't get enough of a heel reaction if he faces Cena though. Cena is too disliked by many within the crowd. The only way it would work would be if Punk were to go up against a universally cheered face, ie Undertaker.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

AntLord wrote:If he turns heel with the next 2 months successfully, i'll change my username to "Mr H's b1tch" for the next 2 months.

He has to genuinely be hated though.....ready to accept H?

hellooooooooo! getting nervous ant_b1tch?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm

Pink did get massive boos at the end of Raw. Think a name change from AntLord is coming!

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:57 pm

Is Pink a new wrestler?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

Punks turning heel so you better change your name AntLord - to the tune of that Pink song

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

Personally I am not sure if this is a fully fledged heel turn, yet. I would prefer to see him as a kind of lone wolf tweener - the kind of role that Orton should play but he is rubbish at. This would allow Punk to have far more of an edge as well as fighting both heels and faces.

As a tweener he could be a stronger champion while still having Cena chase him.

That said I would expect that they are going to make him the heel in his feud with Cena, probably have Punk get a lucky victory at Summerslam before losing 1 v 1 to Cena at NOC / HIAC. I would then guess that he would win the title back at TLC before losing to Rocky at RR who will face (and lose to) Cena at WM for the WWE Title.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 2:35 pm

Why does clothes lining The Rock make you heel?

Personally I would stop a mudhole in him, give him a piledrive and then the worm

The guys a man sausage!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 25 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

AntLord wrote:Why does clothes lining The Rock make you heel?

Personally I would stop a mudhole in him, give him a piledrive and then the worm

The guys a man sausage!

Erm, a babyface not coming to the aid of a fellow babyface whilst he is being beaten down by a heel. Another babyface runs out and beats down the heel and is just about to deliver a People's Elbow to the delight of the crowd. Babyface then jumps in and attacks another babyface, showing facial expressions which arent very babyface, and leaving to a chorus of boos with the commentator saying 'CM Punk has just turned his back on the WWE Universe'.

= Heel turn.

Change the name, biatch.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 3:07 pm

Is he genuinely hated then???

I think its a bit soon to do this, he is definitely going to be hated yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 25 Jul 2012, 3:16 pm

I hate that CM Punk

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 25 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

its not a turn just yet, but itll be conformed next week i expect

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 25 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:He won't get enough of a heel reaction if he faces Cena though. Cena is too disliked by many within the crowd. The only way it would work would be if Punk were to go up against a universally cheered face, ie Undertaker.

Out of anyone it would be Rock but even now the tide is turning a little on Rocky

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bernard black Wed 25 Jul 2012, 3:38 pm

I'm not entirely happy with the heel turn. I wish the WWE had got fully behind Punk's run up until now, and if they had, he could easily have usurped Cena as the face of the franchise and been a breath of fresh air. What's happened has happened though, and you can't change the previous twelve months of booking now.

Be interesting to see how Punk justifies his actions next week. It will most likely define what sort of heel he will be.

bernard black

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:12 pm

This Punk heel turn has spiked my interest big time, for me this could be a great angle, the WWE obviously didn't trust Punk as much as they'd like or he'd have main evented most PPV (particularly B ones) this year, whether this was the ploy all along or not it certainly reaffirms Punk's original views of a year ago that he is being held back, this kind of angle actually allowed the WWE to kill two birds eith 1 stone, it gave the fans what they wanted (Punk as long term World Champion) whilst also catering to their own beliefs (Cena as the #1 guy)

Now they could have just fallen back into this rout or it could have been planned but either way it's either great long term booking or a superb save from someone who has just salvaged the past year of booking.

If Punk comes out next week, drops another Pipebomb and talks about how nothings really changed, he had to kiss ass to get a title shot back late last year after he was screwed out of the title, how even after proving he was the best he was still shunted from the main event to accomadate the Golden Boy, so he decided to play the game and everyone else lapped it up, now it's his time to shine

The only thing that would worry me is how the WWE book the vast majority of their heels, cowardly, for Punk to cement himself and to make this work he can't be a coward

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:39 am

Im happy to have him away from the babyface, kids club crowd, and I think everyone here is happy with angry Punk back as long as its managed right. No running away from fights, no snide sneaky moves to win matches, the Punk that took the belt when his contract ran out would keep the older crowd on side and give an edge to both Rock and Cena in a feud.

I think for it to have been a real heel turn he would have had to join Show in the attack, protect Show or some sort of friendly motion with him. There wasnt even that usual evil smile they like their heels to throw in after something dastardly. This said, they'll probably throw him and show in a tag match with Cena and Sheamus next week or something daft.

The only problem is how long they can keep the rebellious figure running, especially when he has the belt.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:51 am

Whats the difference between Punk and Cena?

The Rock couldnt turn Cena heel after a years worth of heat. Punk turned in one night.

Now i know Cena could have turned heel if he 'turned on the WWE Universe', but even the 'Rise Above Hate' angle with Kane and the segment in Pipers Pit, they still didnt pull the trigger on it. The problem is that John Cena receives more heat as a face than he would as a heel. The chances are that if it did happen the crowd would pop instead of boo.

Punk garnered boos immediately after attacking The Rock. He is definately the right choice to push as the companys number one heel.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

could this lead to the debut of ambrose now?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down