The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please read regards banned members

+27
mystiroakey
Morgannwg
navyblueshorts
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
The Galveston Giant
anotherworldofpain
Effervescing Elephant
Enforcer
Crimey
McLaren
kwinigolfer
super_realist
TopHat24/7
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Thomond
red_stag
Smirnoffpriest
Shelsey93
Biltong
GunsGerms
TwisT
GSC
President Trump
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Beer
ShahenshahG
Adam D
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please read regards banned members - Page 2 Empty Please read regards banned members

Post by Adam D Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Over the last few weeks, there has been a growing number of posters who are publicly posting comments about new members who have joined the site, accusing them of being previously banned members.

This has to stop with immediate effect for a number of reasons.

1. The admin and mod teams always keep an eye on new members to make sure that they are following rules. This includes background work to check for returning members.

2. Making accusations towards new members can be off putting for genuine ones to post for the first time or return. The moderation team has all the information needed to spot returnees, the general membership do not.

3. If someone is indeed a banned member, by highlighting it on thread will make them start to change their posting habits to throw us off the scent. In every instance where you suspect someone might have slipped through, notify your local moderator via a PM.

4. Finally, not all the names bandied about have been banned. Some members have left on their own volition and have returned, with our full knowledge under a pseudonym for a fresh start. By accusing them of being banned just leads to a mob mentality.

Anyone who continues to accuse in public may themselves face repercussions - follow the protocol and tell your moderator should you have issues. Do not make a scene on thread!

Thank you for reading.

Adam D (previously banned Whistle )

Last edited by Adam D on Tue 03 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Please read regards banned members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please read regards banned members

Post by Thomond Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:40 pm

I was joking, racism exists in every country aroudn the world, golf had a reputation for it. it's largely gone today. I have seen soem incidents in Florida of it though and there was that whole Trayvon Martin thing. (Note sure of the whole story but it seems to be race related)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Please read regards banned members - Page 2 Empty Re: Please read regards banned members

Post by GunsGerms Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

I don't think it really is indicative of the real world really. Rugby and golf in my experience are true gentleman sports. I think the problem with the golf forum is that it has been poorly moderated from the start and characters like Super realism have set a precedent for what is acceptable and what's not and moderators seem to have accepted it as normal even though many of the comments would be considered fairly unsavoury in the real world. I'm guessing there are much more moderators on the rugby board which is a factor. It is a pity though as golf is a great game.

I'm all for banter but there is a difference between banter and derogatory or quasi xenaphopic remarks. That's just my view anyway.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

GunsGerms wrote:I don't think it really is indicative of the real world really. Rugby and golf in my experience are true gentleman sports. I think the problem with the golf forum is that it has been poorly moderated from the start and characters like Super realism have set a precedent for what is acceptable and what's not and moderators seem to have accepted it as normal even though many of the comments would be considered fairly unsavoury in the real world. I'm guessing there are much more moderators on the rugby board which is a factor. It is a pity though as golf is a great game.

I'm all for banter but there is a difference between banter and derogatory or quasi xenaphopic remarks. That's just my view anyway.

Sorry, can't account for everybody's inbuilt "offence-ometer" or over the top sensitivity.

This is a public forum, not The Guardian, I'm not breaking forum rules, so live with it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

If people feel that posts in any section are against site rules please report them. If you feel that the problem hasn't been addressed then you can send a pm to one/all of the Admin team and we will invesitigate.

The site rules are the same everywhere, but as Crimey said there will always be a level of interpretation by the mods and that is fine. It is why there are Admin that can be contacted to have a look at a situation.

'Banter' is fine, but if it makes people feel uncomfortable then it is crossing a line and we will investigate and step in if necessary. Everybody must adhere to the same set of rules, but we can only investigate if posts are reported.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

Enforcer,
There are no issues on the Golf Board except when there was an ill-advised Cypress Point-type membership drive.

Hopefully ban_bam and navyblueshorts feel there is a nice balance between quality posting and quality banter; we certainly appreciate their facilitation.

Ironic that complaints tend to come from outside the golf board, from people who never post there.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

I can see why you have an issue Guns. Don't think he'd last 5 minutes on the rugby forum...
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:14 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Enforcer,
There are no issues on the Golf Board except when there was an ill-advised Cypress Point-type membership drive.

Hopefully ban_bam and navyblueshorts feel there is a nice balance between quality posting and quality banter; we certainly appreciate their facilitation.

Ironic that complaints tend to come from outside the golf board, from people who never post there.

It might be because people don'tfeel comfortable posting there because of the issues some have outlined. But hey, I'm not a huge golf fan so I wouldn't know what I'm talking about half the time anyway!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

As Thomond said if somebody felt unable to post on any section because of the type of comments on it I would encourage them to report it. Whilst there are sub-sections the whole site is open to all members and everyone should feel able to post wherever they like - and if they don't I want our team to know so it can be investigated.

I am not saying that there is a problem with any section - as far as I am aware there aren't any. Whilst this seems directed at Golf because of previous posts on the thread it is equally applicable to every section.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:It just gets annoying dreamer - especially when AWOP is across the rugby boards like a rash instigating petty (usually English/Welsh) arguments and squabbles resulting in promising threads getting banned.

I do report posts to the admin team, but it seems that it's only when another posters have responded to the Wum and insults are flying around left right and centre that something happens - by which time it's too late.

I know it's a tough job but it is frustrating that whether AWOP is GG or not he's bringing down the standard of the rugby boards

You acuse me directly again even on the thread ask you not to doing it! You mistake "disagree" with me Smirnoff from me "WUM" at you.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:22 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I can see why you have an issue Guns. Don't think he'd last 5 minutes on the rugby forum...

I have been on the rugby forum for years. Regular poster.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

Thomond wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Enforcer,

It might be because people don'tfeel comfortable posting there because of the issues some have outlined. But hey, I'm not a huge golf fan so I wouldn't know what I'm talking about half the time anyway!

Correct

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

Enforcer wrote:As Thomond said if somebody felt unable to post on any section because of the type of comments on it I would encourage them to report it. Whilst there are sub-sections the whole site is open to all members and everyone should feel able to post wherever they like - and if they don't I want our team to know so it can be investigated.

I am not saying that there is a problem with any section - as far as I am aware there aren't any. Whilst this seems directed at Golf because of previous posts on the thread it is equally applicable to every section.

It seems like he did just report a problem, just wasn't via a PM.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:I can see why you have an issue Guns. Don't think he'd last 5 minutes on the rugby forum...

I think carpe was agreeing with you Guns Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

Yep, i know that leinster old chum. Was just trying to show a bit of rugby board support. Wink
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:36 pm

GunsGerms wrote:If the golf forum was moderated properly it would be a better forum in my opinion. Maybe there should be a insults forum where people can engage in "Paddy bashing" to their hearts content and those that want to talk golf can do so on the golf forum.

Is there any reason why the standard of moderation is much higher on the rugby forum for example?
Says whom? At least you modestly wrote "in my opinion". I've read your complaint - on balance I've let it slide but I'm monitoring things.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:49 pm

GG, I know it has been raised but we don't know which threads are the ones that are being complained about or when the issues occured. We could go through a random selection of threads but if we missed the posts then we're no nearer identifying if there is a problem or a solution if needed.

That is why the Report a Post function is so good for us as it takes us straight to the problem. A list of the threads in question is also good as we can go straight in.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:It just gets annoying dreamer - especially when AWOP is across the rugby boards like a rash instigating petty (usually English/Welsh) arguments and squabbles resulting in promising threads getting banned.

I do report posts to the admin team, but it seems that it's only when another posters have responded to the Wum and insults are flying around left right and centre that something happens - by which time it's too late.

I know it's a tough job but it is frustrating that whether AWOP is GG or not he's bringing down the standard of the rugby boards

You acuse me directly again even on the thread ask you not to doing it! You mistake "disagree" with me Smirnoff from me "WUM" at you.

It's not about your opinion or disagreements - it's more to do with the overall quality of your posts, the 'facts' you base your arguments on and the slightly suspect way your posts waver from barely legible 'English learner' to 'colloquial English' of the same as most other posters, which together with the slightly inciteful (I know that's not a word) topics you post - does raise suspicions.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

Wowzers, just read some of AWOP's posts, can't believe they're even intelligible enough for people to criticise them! Worrying that you're based in Mayfair........

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:11 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Wowzers, just read some of AWOP's posts, can't believe they're even intelligible enough for people to criticise them! Worrying that you're based in Mayfair........

You don't know the start of it...

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Yep, i know that leinster old chum. Was just trying to show a bit of rugby board support. Wink

Sorry misread your post Carpe, my bad. thought because I changed my name you didnt recognise me.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:29 pm

red_stag wrote:Dreamer - has anyone raised suspicions about a Borat/Yoda hybrid AKA "the silver spirit"

If not I am raising the point now.

I wonder who you could be talking about.. Whistle

ghost
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:01 pm

GunsGerms wrote:If the golf forum was moderated properly it would be a better forum in my opinion. Maybe there should be a insults forum where people can engage in "Paddy bashing" to their hearts content and those that want to talk golf can do so on the golf forum.

Is there any reason why the standard of moderation is much higher on the rugby forum for example?

oh come on- SR made one naughty remark, its not constant paddy bashing at all... The golf forum does well without being modded, Mr Kwini obviously is the daddy anyway. Mac is the naughty school girl,SR the naughty school boy.. and i am the one that cant spell(and dont they remind me!!!!). the rugby boards are modded well but is obviously full of welsh- so needs more police

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:28 pm

Neee naaaw neee naaaw...we need a police smiley Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:32 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

oh come on- SR made one naughty remark, its not constant paddy bashing at all... The golf forum does well without being modded, Mr Kwini obviously is the daddy anyway. Mac is the naughty school girl,SR the naughty school boy.. and i am the one that cant spell(and dont they remind me!!!!). the rugby boards are modded well but is obviously full of welsh- so needs more police

Surely you mean that the rugby boards are full of leek munching sheep shaggers rather than Welsh? Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:36 pm

Run for the hills SR.. (dont confuse them with valleys tho)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:49 pm

Could I please make the honest plea here for the minute?

I know some time I disagree with some poster and might have some ideas that come from the "left field" but I am make and write my honest opinion and a lot of times some poster say "This is a good discussion" so I don't think I am category "WUM".

I know a lot of people make upset by my thoughts and so I try to make a new strategy is only make my own thread for thoughts and only one of them perce day. So if you don't want to be interest in my thought then just ignoring me! and my small thread!

On the other hand if you like my thought then please you can discussing with me and will be less "WUM" and "SPOOK" and "WOP" threads going on and aggravating and not making angry the moderator again because they so busy already.

I am a bit tired of all my thread which I think are interesting a true ideas get badly so quickly and shut down by the moderator and a lot red ink!

Now check my latest article is already closing because some few posters make complain EVERY time I posting something and just ruin the thread and want to disagee. I think any person will read it and see I am honest and trying and get treat a bit unfair by a few small number of the poster!!! "Why League Can and Rugby Can't - List Modified After Criticise!" I think is some good point I make and get abusive from the other member so quickly!! and unfair!!

Let us all playing nicely together and not break this great site! Please!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

Cari wrote:Neee naaaw neee naaaw...we need a police smiley Wink
Please read regards banned members - Page 2 Smiley-transport003
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:46 pm

super_realist wrote:

Surely you mean that the rugby boards are full of leek munching sheep shaggers rather than Welsh? Run

In my self appointed position as the Grammar Moderator I must alert all and sundry that this is an ambiguous sentence! Do the shaggers only shag leek-munching sheep? Let me now effect my own speedy exit...Run

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:55 pm

biltongbek wrote:
Cari wrote:Neee naaaw neee naaaw...we need a police smiley Wink
Please read regards banned members - Page 2 Smiley-transport003

Awesome! Can we all get that one??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:59 pm

Please read regards banned members - Page 2 Smiley-sex007

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:39 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:Could I please make the honest plea here for the minute?

I know some time I disagree with some poster and might have some ideas that come from the "left field" but I am make and write my honest opinion and a lot of times some poster say "This is a good discussion" so I don't think I am category "WUM".

I know a lot of people make upset by my thoughts and so I try to make a new strategy is only make my own thread for thoughts and only one of them perce day. So if you don't want to be interest in my thought then just ignoring me! and my small thread!

On the other hand if you like my thought then please you can discussing with me and will be less "WUM" and "SPOOK" and "WOP" threads going on and aggravating and not making angry the moderator again because they so busy already.

I am a bit tired of all my thread which I think are interesting a true ideas get badly so quickly and shut down by the moderator and a lot red ink!

Now check my latest article is already closing because some few posters make complain EVERY time I posting something and just ruin the thread and want to disagee. I think any person will read it and see I am honest and trying and get treat a bit unfair by a few small number of the poster!!! "Why League Can and Rugby Can't - List Modified After Criticise!" I think is some good point I make and get abusive from the other member so quickly!! and unfair!!

Let us all playing nicely together and not break this great site! Please!

ghost
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:44 pm

I think we could all unite and laugh at the grammar in that rant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:48 pm

i assume anotherworldofpain took one too many knocks to the head during his playing days. It is a real shame that other posters feel the need to make him feel bad about his deficiencies.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

His ghost like deficiencies...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:51 pm

Come on guys, AWOP has been ragged enough today, let it go please.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:52 pm

Erm

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:57 pm

biltongbek wrote:Come on guys, AWOP has been ragged enough today, let it go please.

Know anything about golf Bil?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

Fast and witty for a ghost
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

Quite a bit mate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

biltongbek wrote:Come on guys, AWOP has been ragged enough today, let it go please.

laughing

Priceless.

I suppose discussing AWOP is a bit of a grey area though.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:59 pm

El Boyo Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:00 pm

Classic mac that comment- he hits hard

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:04 pm

Gentlemen, you are looking at the dog box if you continue this, please step away from the persecution.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

What is this weird obsession the welsh have with AWOP anyway? Seriously.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

Rory - no need to generalise OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:What is this weird obsession the welsh have with AWOP anyway? Seriously.

Obsession? Welsh? Oh dear, Rory is on one now. laughing
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:09 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Rory - no need to generalise OK

Just calling it as I see it. It is getting a bit tiresome.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:10 pm

You must be missing all the posts from posters of other nations then OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:11 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:You must be missing all the posts from posters of other nations then OK

Plus one. Or he could be playing the cyclops as usual...

Hug
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

Yeah, must be.. Whistle

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next