The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Don't Want To Fight Nobody: Who is the Queen of Dodgers?

+14
manos de piedra
Lance
Sir. badgerhands
SharkSoul
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Jimmy Moz
sittingringside
TopHat24/7
OasisBFC
UpandUnder
Valero's Conscience
Mr Bounce
davidemore
18 posters

Go down

I Don't Want To Fight Nobody: Who is the Queen of Dodgers? Empty I Don't Want To Fight Nobody: Who is the Queen of Dodgers?

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:52 am

Who dodges more top fights than any other? Who cashes in with minimum risk?

Go go go!!!

1. Controversial, but for me it has to be, as of now, Nathan Cleverly. Eek, i like him too. Fight someone decent Nathaniel! We only thought Tony Bellew was decent after the fight had taken place, many thought he was fodder before. Get a live opponent in the ring, it isn't our fault you became Champ so young!

I like Nathan too, a real throwback fighter.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

I Don't Want To Fight Nobody: Who is the Queen of Dodgers? Empty Re: I Don't Want To Fight Nobody: Who is the Queen of Dodgers?

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:32 am

Alexander Povetkin. Has he ever fought a "LIVE" heavyweight???

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

I Don't Want To Fight Nobody: Who is the Queen of Dodgers? Empty Re: I Don't Want To Fight Nobody: Who is the Queen of Dodgers?

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:37 am

Good shout Mr. Bounce, he has fought mainly cans. Mr. Protected.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:39 am

Povetkin is definitely a P4P'er in this department. Shows absolutely zero desire to step up.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:40 am

lol @ Valero, defo man, defo.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:54 am

I dont know if you can call it ducking but Detonay Wilder just refuses to fight someone with a pulse.

Chavez Jr....the fact he is only just now thinking about fighting Martinez is madness.

Vanes Mayortizan (sp?).... again another who just flat out refuses to step upto the plate.

Chris John....... the fogotten man hidden away with his belt.

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:27 am

Since the Chisora fight, Tyson "Uppercut" Fury.

Agree about Wilder. Owen "What The Heck" Beck (who is 84 and had lost his last 7) was his last opponent...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:54 am

calzaghe could have been top of this list at one point, he turned out ok.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:06 am

UpandUnder wrote:I dont know if you can call it ducking but Detonay Wilder just refuses to fight someone with a pulse.

Chavez Jr....the fact he is only just now thinking about fighting Martinez is madness.

Vanes Mayortizan (sp?).... again another who just flat out refuses to step upto the plate.

Chris John....... the fogotten man hidden away with his belt.

I think Detonay/his team are just keeping him fit and sharp(ish) until the K-bots retire so he can 'come from nowhere' and storm the division to be the big African-American HW champ the country wants.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:35 am

He is utterly stagnating though, fair enough keep him a level below but at least fight semi skilled fighters

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

Povetkin has to be the king of this crop, he's been on the scene for ages! I think his management hoped to sneak him into a Klitschko's title berth after they retired, but badly misjudged their longevity. Chris John deserves a mention for his anonymity and refusal to leave Indonesia for most of his career, although he sometimes makes the hop to Australia and fought rocky juarez in the states. However, he does have that win against Marquez so i'll let him off this time.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

Was it a win or a robbery against JMM?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:38 pm

Kell Brook without a doubt. 8 years as a pro battering Polish binmen in Sheffield Town Hall. I have heard that EU customs and excise are chasing him up on the amount of imported tomato cans he has brought over to the UK recently. Lots of talent. Zero ambition. A sad waste really.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

lol @ Jimmy!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:47 pm

1.)Cleverly
2.) Povetkin
3.) Wilder (although as not a world champ unlike the other 2 gives him a bit of leeway)

Honarables mentions;
Burns- not as bad as the rest and a bit controversial but I feel after Martinez (which was a brilliant win) his defences were awful and moved up just when broner was his mandatory and the nicky cook fight should never have happened although Mitchell and katsidis (albeit a worn out version) is going in the right
direction

Vanes Martiroysan- look at his record, he expects to get a title shot

Chavez Jr- although recent opposition has been good he has dodged Martinez more than any fighter has even dodged in boxing today

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

Great shouts WHU_Champo.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 1:11 pm

Lol @ alma.

Warren will punish your ambition with a shelf life that could put a can of beans to shame.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 27 Jun 2012, 1:18 pm

Bon Arum, GBP and Warren. Boxers generally don't duck.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 27 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

azania wrote:Bob Arum, GBP and Warren. Boxers generally don't duck.

^This

Its disgusting that the 2 biggest promoters in boxing won't put there fighters against each other

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 27 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

It's like two governing bodies in a way. Completely divided and unwilling to match fighters, splits the sport. Same with Hearn and Warren.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

JCC and Fury for me.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Povetkin is definitely a P4P'er in this department. Shows absolutely zero desire to step up.

Didn't Teddy Atlas quit as his trainer due to him not taking a fight? I can't remember who against however.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:06 pm

think people are being a bit harsh on povetkin. huck and chagaev are a million miles better than anything on cleverlys record, and he could still fight two decent opponents in his last 4 fights before he retires, and catch up with calzaghes resume

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:20 pm

I would say Murat is better than Huck on their relative CVs and he didn't duck Braemer who would have been bigger/better than either Huck or Chagaev.

When it comes to Clev I'm with Az, this is very much a Warren issue not of Clev's making. Nathan just doesn't help matters/perception by calling out #1/#2 fighters and then fighting nobodies. Think he should leave Frank to be honest.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

I dont agree with Povetkin. Hes dodged Wlad but outside of that his competition hasnt been tht bad. Huck, Chagaev, Chambers, Byrd, Donald etc. Not the worst.

As world champions go I would say the lower weights house the biggest culprits.

Somebody like Chris John I would say has shown painfully little ambition to take on big fights. Hes been around for ages now and it content to just defend his belt and never look for a big fight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:46 pm

Povetkin
Stieglitz
Huck
Any other German based fighter other than the Klits.

But I hope Germany win the football. Adyone but dire passy passy Spain..........sorry wrong thread!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I would say Murat is better than Huck on their relative CVs and he didn't duck Braemer who would have been bigger/better than either Huck or Chagaev.

When it comes to Clev I'm with Az, this is very much a Warren issue not of Clev's making. Nathan just doesn't help matters/perception by calling out #1/#2 fighters and then fighting nobodies. Think he should leave Frank to be honest.

not sure how you can see murat as better than huck, and braemer had all sorts of issues going on. they took the belt and ran first chance they got.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

felix sturm is always fight low level opposition

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:00 pm

Lance wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:I would say Murat is better than Huck on their relative CVs and he didn't duck Braemer who would have been bigger/better than either Huck or Chagaev.

not sure how you can see murat as better than huck, and braemer had all sorts of issues going on. they took the belt and ran first chance they got.

Murat was a decent level operator, well established at the weight. Huck was a blown-up CW fighting a HW with a 20lb weight advantage and Povetkin struggled with him, winning more because Huck (carrying 10lb extra weight than usual) gassed than anything else.

Braemer is all about perception, yours is that Clev n team took the free belt and ran, mine is that Clev (certainly the person if not the promoter behind him) genuinely wanted the fight and fully intended to win the belt properly.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:27 pm

I wouldnt blame Cleverly for the Braehmer incident. He worked his way into contention legitimately and it was Braehmer that kept causing the fight to fall through.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:53 am

Vanes Martiroysan is a great shout. He is always talking about getting a title shot, but then gets paired up with an absolute nobody. Bizarre.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

Vanes needs to fight someone of note, anyone, ANYONE!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBonesSnr Fri 29 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

Agree with eddyfightfan about Sturm. Think he is fighting Geale next in unification bout.

RoyBonesSnr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down