The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali vs Adamek scheduled for September 10

+6
azania
The Galveston Giant
samevans1
J.Benson II
WelshDevilRob
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
10 posters

Go down

Vitali vs Adamek scheduled for September 10 Empty Vitali vs Adamek scheduled for September 10

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:19 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6301800
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Vitali vs Adamek scheduled for September 10 Empty Re: Vitali vs Adamek scheduled for September 10

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

So if Haye pulls off the win against Wladimir he isn't going to get a Vitali fight before his set retirement date of October.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Vitali vs Adamek scheduled for September 10 Empty Re: Vitali vs Adamek scheduled for September 10

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:26 pm

Not sure Vit might do what Wlad done to Chisora. Pull out and schedule the Haye fight fo a month later.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:30 pm

He could do though the fight will be a sell-out in Poland and have US TV interest as Adamek fights regular overthere and has a good fanbase.

Hopefully, Haye fights someone like Povetkin and postpones his retirement so he can fight Vitali at the end of the year.

I think Vitali will beat Adamek. I don't rate Adameks defence and I think he'll get Ko'd.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:39 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:He could do though the fight will be a sell-out in Poland and have US TV interest as Adamek fights regular overthere and has a good fanbase.

Hopefully, Haye fights someone like Povetkin and postpones his retirement so he can fight Vitali at the end of the year.

I think Vitali will beat Adamek. I don't rate Adameks defence and I think he'll get Ko'd.

If Haye beats Wlad and wants to postpone his retirement to fight Vit I could see a fight with Chris Arreola for Haye. Bit more American interest and an easy win. Can't see Vit calling the Adamek off like you said their is a lot of money in it. Adamek doesn't have the power to trouble either K bro or Haye. His defence is poor he got caught a few times by Grant who was shot but looks like he may have a decent chin.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sat 09 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm

If Haye beats Wlad and wants to postpone his retirement to fight Vit I could see a fight with Chris Arreola for Haye. Bit more American interest and an easy win. Can't see Vit calling the Adamek off like you said their is a lot of money in it. Adamek doesn't have the power to trouble either K bro or Haye. His defence is poor he got caught a few times by Grant who was shot but looks like he may have a decent chin..

-----------------------------------------------

Arreola would be a good fight for Haye due to the American connection. However, I really don't see it being an easy win. If Arreola comes in at around 240lbs, I think he would be a very live underdog and a potential banana skin. I think Haye would beat him, but not without a few very edgy moments.

Vitali is getting old now and looked quite slow and easy too hit in his last few fights. Wlad is currently the better of the two brothers. Adamek has good movement and may possibly have caught Vitali at the right time. I can actually see him giving Vitali problems with his youth and mobility but eventually I think his lack of power and defence will cost him in the mid/latter rounds against the elder Klitschko.

While Adamek doesnt have the punch to trouble Vitali, I think its a bit naaive to suggest that he lacks the power to trouble Haye, especially when you consider that Haye has been decked/hurt by lesser punchers than the Pole.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:33 pm

Arreola is fat Haye is a proper athlete no contest Haye is to quick and to good a boxer for the Yank. Arreola can punch but is slow and think he would have some real trouble finding Haye. IMO an easy win for Haye but a worthwhile fight just to pen up more of a market in America.

As for Adamek Grant caught him a few times in their fight and he was shot. Don't see him to much trouble for Vit just another pretty easy nights work for the champ. Adamek soesn't have a great defence can see Vit just jabbing his head off and finishing him off in the middle rounds.

As for Haye and Adamek the Poles poor defence and Hayes speed would make that an easy fight for Haye. I'm not an Adamek fan he's not that quick, has no real punching power and has a poor defence.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sat 09 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

Adamek is very average at most things; can't really see why so many people rave about him to be honest.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 3:23 pm

samevans1 wrote:Adamek is very average at most things; can't really see why so many people rave about him to be honest.

That's what I was trying to say just went the long way around it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sat 09 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

Yeah, I believe he is a result of a lot of hype from fighting in America to be honest. A lot of people seem to be over-estimating his chances against the Klitscjkos; outside Arreola, he has fought nothing but bums at Heavyweight. And Arreola is another one who I believe is simply a product of hype. Who has he really beaten, after all?

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

Arreola has fought no-one of any note apart from Vit and Adamek. He does have a new trainer and is trying to get his weight down but I'm very doubtful just don't think he's got the skills or the discipline outside of the ring.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:25 pm

I like Adamek, think Vitali could be a little too much for him altough i would give him a better chance than a lot of the heavyweights out there. I think he will destroy Mcbride, if he doesn't he should stay well clear of the brothers.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:28 pm

I would give him a better chance than most other heavyweights as well but apart from Haye who else is their?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:34 pm

Nobody really prettyboy, the division is nearly beyond help, once the brothers and Haye go what will happen? Adamek would bring a bit of movement to the ring, and if he could make Vitali miss, could maybe tire him out a bit and apply some pressure in the later rounds, tough order though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:38 pm

Think Vit will just work behind his jab and wear Adamek out and stop him late on.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:45 pm

Don't think there's anyone out there willing to take a chance against the brothers, hopefully with the exception of Haye, both will happily sit behind the jab all night long, and as long as they're winning the crowd doesn't care, thought Solis looked liked he was up to the task, caught Vitali a few times and his speed and movement seemed to be troubling him, that didn't last long though did it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 9:54 pm

Would like to see Solis get another shot would like to see him come in 21lbs lighter as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:15 pm

Definitely, at least to put some closure on it altough i do believe Solis felt the temple shot, which doesn't mean his chin couldn't take the shot, lets hope he's munching on a salad as i speak and we get to find out in the future.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:26 pm

Think he would have felt it but don't think it was enough to floor him just really unlucky. Apparently it could have KO'd a horse though
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:29 pm

I think he would have carried on fine Prettyboy had the leg not been a problem.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:32 pm

Same a bit cruel really because by his standard he was in decent shape. He was an exceptional amateur and he can punch was really looking forward to it. The weight and dedication factor can be a problem for Cuban's when they defect.
Most move to Miami and the freedom compared to what they were used gets to them and they get to caught up in the nightlife.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:33 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:He could do though the fight will be a sell-out in Poland and have US TV interest as Adamek fights regular overthere and has a good fanbase.

You think? Adamek is fighting Tyson Slayer McBride next. What a guy. After scraping past Grant he goes after another never was. I hope Vit KTFO of him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:34 pm

azania wrote:

You think? Adamek is fighting Tyson Slayer McBride next. What a guy. After scraping past Grant he goes after another never was. I hope Vit KTFO of him.

Nicely put very subtle and diplomatic.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:36 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:

Nicely put very subtle and diplomatic.

Long day.....again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:52 am

Adameks experience at HW is against a fat Arreola and a shockingly poor Jason Estrada and old men. Vinny Maddalone, Michael Grant and Andrew Golota. He's in for a shock against Vitali.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 10 Apr 2011, 8:46 am

It's a good while since I've seen Adamek, but from what I remember of him I can't see what he will bring which will be sufficient to disrupt Vitali's rhythm.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 10:29 am

HumanWindmill wrote:It's a good while since I've seen Adamek, but from what I remember of him I can't see what he will bring which will be sufficient to disrupt Vitali's rhythm.

That's how I see any loss inflicted on the K#s will occur. You have to disrupt their rhythm. Adamek is not good enough to do it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sun 10 Apr 2011, 10:35 am

He does not hit hard enough to trouble the Klitschkos. He is quicker than Vitali; but the older fighter holds all the aces apart from speed.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 10:42 am

samevans1 wrote:He does not hit hard enough to trouble the Klitschkos. He is quicker than Vitali; but the older fighter holds all the aces apart from speed.

It would be interesting to see how he gets on as it sets a decent barometer for any potential clash with Haye. Haye holds the skills and power card where Adamek fails imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sun 10 Apr 2011, 10:55 am

Adamek has decent skills, but lacks size and power at Heavyweight. I am more than certain that Haye would have got McBride out of there very early on.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:01 am

Adamek is nothing more than a bit of a hype job IMO. Vitali would slap him about like the ginger stepson we all dread of meetin one day
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

If Haye fails to beat Wlad in a couple of months there wont be a heavyweight division for the Klitschkos to rule at this rate. They will have decimated the competition and I dread to think of the the contenders that are going to filter through.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:15 am

Haye is being paraded as a saviour of the HW division but if he beats both K's and then retires, where does that leave the division? In tatters imo
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:17 am

I more or less agree with assessment to be fair. Good fighter at cruiser and light-heavy, but nothing more than an average heavyweight.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:21 am

prettyboy1304 wrote:Haye is being paraded as a saviour of the HW division but if he beats both K's and then retires, where does that leave the division? In tatters imo

Cant really blame Haye for that though. Or the Klitschkos for that matter.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:24 am

I can fully understand why Adamek wants to fight at HW because CW is probably in worse condition in terms of top opponents and their is more interest in him because he's a HW. Fighting poor fighters and washed up old men is fine. But he is about to go in with Vit who may be getting old but is still a level or 2 above anything Adamek has faced before.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:47 am

i think adamez is as good an oppenent than any other at the moment (apart from haye) and don't really see anyone else bothering the K bros (especially with solis not returning for a while).

i would fancy povetkin against them both but would like to see him fight some tougher oppenents before he does so

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:16 pm

Povetkin's career appears to have stagnated recently. The fact he had earned a mandatory shot against Wlad but ducked out twice would suggest that he didnt have any confidence in winning. His coach (Teddy Atlas) pretty much admitted this.

I would actually like to see Povetkin re-match Chambers, who I think would beat the Russian this time round.

As for Adamek, he was a good CW and its understandable why he decided on moving up to HW since it is a far more glamourous division with far more money to be made.

However, his lack of power against the bigger men is alarming. He also lacks the athletiscm of Haye. McBride isnt exactly great preparation for Vitali and the fact that Goral was unable to dent The Clones Colossus (a man who in his prime was stopped by Michael Murray and Louis Monaco) would indicate that he would be nothing more than a fly-swatter to Vitali.

Depinding on the Wlad-Haye result, this could be Vitali final fight, and looking at yesterday's result, Vitali will finish his career with a dominant and emphatic victory.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:39 pm

Teddy Atlas asked Povetkin to pull out of the Wlad fight because he hadn't been training him for long but didn't feel he was ready for Wlad. It wasn't really ducking more listening to a good trainer who knows his stuff instead of taking the cash.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:29 pm

Teddy Atlas asked Povetkin to pull out of the Wlad fight because he hadn't been training him for long but didn't feel he was ready for Wlad. It wasn't really ducking more listening to a good trainer who knows his stuff instead of taking the cash.

------------------------------

If Povetkin was still a young prospect (such as Boytsov), than I could understand his team not wanting to risk him fighting a dominant champ in Wlad.
But Povetkin is 31 years old.

If he's not ready now, than he never will be imo.

I just feel that Atlas has no intention of putting Povetkin in the ring wth Wlad and is instead simply waiting for the K's to retire. He'll only then launch an attack on the titles and attempt to pick up the straps against inferior opponents.

For me, thats a poor attitude to have and shows a serious lack of self belief.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:30 pm

J.Benson II wrote:Teddy Atlas asked Povetkin to pull out of the Wlad fight because he hadn't been training him for long but didn't feel he was ready for Wlad. It wasn't really ducking more listening to a good trainer who knows his stuff instead of taking the cash.

------------------------------

If Povetkin was still a young prospect (such as Boytsov), than I could understand his team not wanting to risk him fighting a dominant champ in Wlad.
But Povetkin is 31 years old.

If he's not ready now, than he never will be imo.

I just feel that Atlas has no intention of putting Povetkin in the ring wth Wlad and is instead simply waiting for the K's to retire. He'll only then launch an attack on the titles and attempt to pick up the straps against inferior opponents.

For me, thats a poor attitude to have and shows a serious lack of self belief.

I dont think its his age that;s the issue but rather his lack of experience. But he seems to have slipped under the radar now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:33 pm

I'm not sure just going on what Atlas said at the time he had only been training Povetkin for a few weeks and hadn't had a fight with Teddy in the corner. He may not be a young prospect but was late in turning pro. Maybe your right that he is hoping the K's retire just pointing out that the first time it wasn't ducking.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 10 Apr 2011, 1:54 pm

azania/prettyboy1304

Povetkin is a fairly experienced boxer. He holds wins against former title challengers such as Donald and Chambers. He beat a former champ in Byrd. Has fought solid journeymen like Ahunanya and Estrada. Won his two IBF title eliminators to earn a mandatory shot and is ranked 5th in the world. Thats not to mention his rich amateur background.
Looking at all that, I'd say he's more than experienced enough to challenge Wlad for the titles.

Heck, even Dereck Chisora was willing to fight Wlad despite having barely a fraction of Povetkin's pedigree.

Atlas is simply aware that regardless of how much experience Povetkin gains, Wlad would still mop the floor with him.
Thats the way I see it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Apr 2011, 2:12 pm

J.Benson II wrote:azania/prettyboy1304

Povetkin is a fairly experienced boxer. He holds wins against former title challengers such as Donald and Chambers. He beat a former champ in Byrd. Has fought solid journeymen like Ahunanya and Estrada. Won his two IBF title eliminators to earn a mandatory shot and is ranked 5th in the world. Thats not to mention his rich amateur background.
Looking at all that, I'd say he's more than experienced enough to challenge Wlad for the titles.

Heck, even Dereck Chisora was willing to fight Wlad despite having barely a fraction of Povetkin's pedigree.

Atlas is simply aware that regardless of how much experience Povetkin gains, Wlad would still mop the floor with him.
Thats the way I see it.

OK. Point conceded and agreed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 10 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

J.Benson II wrote:azania/prettyboy1304

Thats the way I see it.

I agree that's his thoughts on it now. But at the time I think Atlas asked him to pull out because they hadn't worked together much and wanted to see some of him in the ring before he fights at the top level. Don't think he particularly likes what he sees though.
He is a very experienced amateur and has fought some old pros apparently he wanted the Adamek fight but Adamek chose to fight McBride instead.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down