The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should tactics be allowed to change?

+5
Bull
Hero
Marky
Good Golly I'm Olly
Trebs
9 posters

Go down

What should the rules on changing tactics be?

Should tactics be allowed to change? Vote_lcap47%Should tactics be allowed to change? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Should tactics be allowed to change? Vote_lcap33%Should tactics be allowed to change? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
Should tactics be allowed to change? Vote_lcap20%Should tactics be allowed to change? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Should tactics be allowed to change? Empty Should tactics be allowed to change?

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 am

When the tactics are posted, should managers be allowed to alter them?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Should tactics be allowed to change? Empty Re: Should tactics be allowed to change?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 am

Voted for the spelling changes allowed one!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Should tactics be allowed to change? Empty Re: Should tactics be allowed to change?

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 am

My issue with that is it says the time etc. your tactics are changed, it's therefore more difficult to enforce than the other two options.

Personally I think that's the end of it once submitted.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:22 am

If the deadline is midnight then why can't they be edited?

I don't change my tactics, in fact all I did was change one player to another and gave him a personalised instruction. But when I think about it, who am I to say to someone "you can't edit your tactics" when its before the deadline? Any alterations past midnight wouldn't be allowed with this rule.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 am

Not saying it's wrong in this particular circumstance, it's for a future precedent as there's nothing in the rules and people have different interpretations of this rule.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 am

How about the 4th option of all tactics are sent via PM to the opposing league runner who then pastes them onto a voting page the day after?
Then people cannot cheat by looking at tactics etc but can make amendments.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 am

Problem with that Hero is some PM's get lost and would be used as an excuse.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 am

True, my PMs at the best of times go awry.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:32 am

Hero wrote:How about the 4th option of all tactics are sent via PM to the opposing league runner who then pastes them onto a voting page the day after?
Then people cannot cheat by looking at tactics etc but can make amendments.

This is a very good idea IMO
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:34 am

not keen on the PM idea TBH.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 am

Good idea IMO.

Maybe the person who the PMs go to reply with 'confirmed'

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 am

Yeah if you say you have sent the PM on the homepage and then the league runner could confirm that they have them?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:47 pm

I think once they're posted they shouldn't be edited. I understand if you see a mistake you want to change it. I do understand because I make enough mistakes and want to edit them but if your opponents tactics have already been posted then it could be seen as trying to adjust to get an upper hand.

If you're worried about making mistakes it's not like you've got to rush to get them in. You've got till midnight Wednesday to write them, correct any errors and post em

Maybe the ruling could be that you're allowed to adjust the tactics until your opponent posts theirs.

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 pm

What about PM'ing tactics to your local league runner? (Unless you're playing them, so you just PM them to the other runner)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 am

TSC wrote:What about PM'ing tactics to your local league runner? (Unless you're playing them, so you just PM them to the other runner)

That was mentioned before and it's definitely something that could be done. I don't want to speak for the others (you included) but I wouldn't mind copying and pasting them on a Thursday morning or something.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:18 am

So I would PM my tactics to my league runner, unless I was playing them? That would be a good idea IMO OK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:20 am

PM to the league runenrs a good idea, then they can post them in game order, also like to see new tatcic pages each week, frustrating having to scroll down ages
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:21 am

Cherries new tactics pages every week would just be too much. Do the spoiler thingy like people have done this week, makes it much easier
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 am

how would it be too much

tatcis week 3
create and archived tactics area in each league

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 am

sodhat wrote:
TSC wrote:What about PM'ing tactics to your local league runner? (Unless you're playing them, so you just PM them to the other runner)

That was mentioned before and it's definitely something that could be done. I don't want to speak for the others (you included) but I wouldn't mind copying and pasting them on a Thursday morning or something.

I wouldn't mind it either. Hardly much work involved with it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down