The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

t20 cup

+18
liverbnz
SimonofSurrey
Mat
ChrisfromStroud
kingdaveeagle
Good Golly I'm Olly
jimbobgooner
Corporalhumblebucket
Gregers
simsini
Fists of Fury
Carrotdude
Liam
JDizzle
hodge
guildfordbat
jimbohammers
Shelsey93
22 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

t20 cup - Page 10 Empty t20 cup

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Today marks the return of the ridiclously long domestic t20 cup..

Today's live game is leics vs Notts...

im predicting a easy win for notts, weather permitting.

Back to top Go down

t20 cup - Page 10 Empty Re: t20 cup

Post by liverbnz Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:14 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:
CF wrote:Azeem Rafiq bowled a very good spell last night...he is turning into a very promising off spinner and also he's a good captain in the waiting!

He's a much underrated youngster, and the fact that they trust him to captain shows that he's got a good head on his shoulders. I'd have had him in my 30-man England T20 squad. However, I wonder if the fact that he's behind others in the pecking order goes back to his foul-mouther Twitter rant a few years ago which saw him stripped of the England U19 captaincy. He hasn't even been involved in the Performance squads in the last couple of years.

I don't think his non-selection has anything to do with his twitter rant Shelsey. He's talented no doubt, and with a good attak-minded cricket brain but other than 1 FC century, and we have to remember he's primarily an off-spinner he hasn't really merited a call-up to any of the England squads. This year in T20 at least he has really started to fulfill some of that potential. He'll have to start improving his record in the FC game though. If not Rashid is waiting in the wings to regain his place as I don't see Yorkshire playing 2 spinners too often, especially at Headingly.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

Yorkshire vs Sussex

Hampshire vs Somerset

Looks like we can pencil in Yorks or Sussex as T20 winners then.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:04 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Yorkshire vs Sussex

Hampshire vs Somerset

Not bitter at all then mate Whistle raspberry devil Run

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

This is our year! Come on Somerset! We won't bottle this time!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:08 pm

Hants vs Sussex final, good way to beat our rivals again in the final!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

liverbnz wrote:I don't think his non-selection has anything to do with his twitter rant Shelsey. He's talented no doubt, and with a good attak-minded cricket brain but other than 1 FC century, and we have to remember he's primarily an off-spinner he hasn't really merited a call-up to any of the England squads. This year in T20 at least he has really started to fulfill some of that potential. He'll have to start improving his record in the FC game though. If not Rashid is waiting in the wings to regain his place as I don't see Yorkshire playing 2 spinners too often, especially at Headingly.

I'm not talking about FC cricket, and wouldn't have him in my final 15. But I remain curious as to why he hasn't been involved in any squads at all, particularly as England have included a number of players with very little good figures behind them (Borthwick, Root, Vince, Mills). In general they've always been proven right, as at least 2 of those 4 have kicked on since their inclusion in the EPP and are now delivering, whilst you feel that Vince and Mills are at least improving.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:16 pm

JDizzle wrote:This is our year! Come on Somerset! We won't bottle this time!
Better get some in stock! Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:07 am

jimbohammers wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Yorkshire vs Sussex

Hampshire vs Somerset

Not bitter at all then mate Whistle raspberry devil Run

Somerset always win the Semi and lose the Final. Its fate
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:44 am

Shelsey93 wrote:
liverbnz wrote:I don't think his non-selection has anything to do with his twitter rant Shelsey. He's talented no doubt, and with a good attak-minded cricket brain but other than 1 FC century, and we have to remember he's primarily an off-spinner he hasn't really merited a call-up to any of the England squads. This year in T20 at least he has really started to fulfill some of that potential. He'll have to start improving his record in the FC game though. If not Rashid is waiting in the wings to regain his place as I don't see Yorkshire playing 2 spinners too often, especially at Headingly.

I'm not talking about FC cricket, and wouldn't have him in my final 15. But I remain curious as to why he hasn't been involved in any squads at all, particularly as England have included a number of players with very little good figures behind them (Borthwick, Root, Vince, Mills). In general they've always been proven right, as at least 2 of those 4 have kicked on since their inclusion in the EPP and are now delivering, whilst you feel that Vince and Mills are at least improving.

I'd say it's a cobination of Rafiq playing less cricket before this season than any of those mentioned, there being an abudance of off-spinners to pick from and with regards Root (I can't speak for Vince) he's very much a Test player of the old school variety in the making. Non-flash, stroke-making, treasure your wicket opening batsman. Very much in the same ilk as Michael Vaughan and he wasn't selected for his record in the county game alone.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum