The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lewis....The Season So Far

5 posters

Go down

Lewis....The Season So Far Empty Lewis....The Season So Far

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:38 am

Hi All

Long time reader, first time post.. Smile

A simple question..

Has his season this far been seen as a success or under achievement?

I personally would see it has a under achievement however out of no fault of himself which beggars the question will he ever be crowned World Champion again With Mclaren?

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Lewis....The Season So Far Empty Re: Lewis....The Season So Far

Post by Critical_mass Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:12 pm

Id have to agree that it leans slightly towards under achievement, whether its his own fault or not. But compared to last year it could also be seen as a success

Besides its a little early to be asking this questions. Id like to think he'd win another WDC with Mclaren but im not sure it'll happen.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

Well, he's done as well as his main title rivals so far, namely by winning at least 1 race, besides scoring a number of podium finishes. He is also leading the drivers' standings, albeit only by 2 points.

So, thus far, I would call his season a success, given the pit lane problems both he and Jenson have suffered, also allowing for the fact that the McLaren doesn't have a significant performance advantage over its rivals.

Given that Canada was the 2nd race out of the 7 so far, where tyre strategy has proved pivotal, I think we will see more instances where pit wall decisions will play a greater part than car / driver performance, but overall, it will still come down to how well the teams can develop their machinery and how well the individual drivers use it.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Quarrybends Wed 04 Jul 2012, 9:35 am

Well, when you compare it to Jensen's, he's having a peerless season. So far.

Quarrybends

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

lewis is doing well especially jenson can't seem to get it together at the moment. he's not wasting too many points, he was bit unlucky with his penalty in spain and the incident with maldanardo which has cost alot of points in terms of the WC. i think he will need to win fairly soon again to be in with a shout of the WC as he is slipping away abit from alonso, vettel and webber

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

Sunnydapasingh1984 wrote:Hi All

Long time reader, first time post.. Smile

A simple question..

Has his season this far been seen as a success or under achievement?

I personally would see it has a under achievement however out of no fault of himself which beggars the question will he ever be crowned World Champion again With Mclaren?

good points there, now that RB is locked for a while, is ferrari an option, would alonso want again as teamate if lewis would, that leaves mercedes or lotus so he might be better of where he is atm, its going to be hard for him to be WC this year but it depends on the next few races so he may have to wait another year again

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:03 pm

cant see lewis going to ferrari imo. i reckon he'll stay with mclaren for another year. THough would love to see him in a Lotus.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:54 am

Even though Alonso and Hamilton have found this respect for each other, they still won't ever become team-mates again. Hamilton will sign this extention to his contract, however if he hasn't got a release clause or buy out clause for 2014 then I would be incredibly suprised. I know he's still young but the years are passing by without success at McLaren. If he reaches beginning of the 2014 season and the situation Lewis currently faces has not changed then I see him making a drastic decision in order for him to realise his dream of multiple WDC's.

I would like to see him in a Lotus but Kimi has a two year contract and Eric Boullier is Grosjean's manager, so replacing one of them two is impossible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:19 pm

and just seen he'd be willling to join lotus (though daily mail is the one reporting that, so take with a pinch of salt). Though i think it would be a great partnership.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down