The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogan & Bischoff are killing TNA

+3
ADMIN
Kay Fabe
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
7 posters

Go down

Hogan & Bischoff are killing TNA Empty Hogan & Bischoff are killing TNA

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:19 am

TNA was a great but small wrestling promotion before Hogan & his cheerleader Bischoff came along. At first it was great they brought an excitement and some exciting names to TNA. Anderson, Hardy and RVD who excel when not being restricted by the wwe and their PGTV rules.
But the stars who built TNA guys like Daniels, Samoa Joe, Amazing Red, Homicide, Suicide and Hernandez were pushed to the side. Even AJ Styles had to take a back seat to the new guys. TNA has an excellent array of tag teams and the x-division which is unrivalled in professional wrestling for excitement. But these don't get as much TV time as they should.
Most of the time lately has been spent with Mr Anderson shouting at everyone that goes near him and the usual Immortal spoiling good matches and beating up everyone.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Hogan & Bischoff are killing TNA Empty Re: Hogan & Bischoff are killing TNA

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

I agree, without Hogan and Bischoff ie they had Heyman they would be a lot better but im not sure if the would have had Anderson, RVD, Hardy or a 4 sided ring, Ric Flair is another whn has been fun to watch, those are the Hogan plus points, to many bad tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:04 pm

RVD I think would have ended up there anyway, the relaxed policy on weed and the easy schedule suited him far more than WWE.
Anderson didn’t really have many options, couldn’t see him going to another indy and Orton would have used his backstage muscle to ensure he wasn’t welcomed back anytime soon in the E.
Hardy I don’t think would have gone to TNA although as shown it was probably the worst career move he could have done.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:12 pm

Yeah Hardy would have been back to face Punk at WrestleMania XXVI IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:17 pm

Agree, WWE would have done their level best to get him clean(er) and then ironed out the personal beef they had after Punk continued to mock him post him leaving.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

I'm not sure they are killing TNA, they just havent taken the company forward as many expected. Since they took over TNA has pretty much stood still, they are no worse or no better off in my opinion. Ok perhaps they have gained more publicity and have signed some decent talent, but from a business perspective i dont think Hogan and Eric have made the desired impact (pardon the pun).

The trouble is, TNA will ALWAYS be compared to the WWE, and for aslong as that remains the case, they will always come off second best. They just need to concentrate on their own strengths and implement them on a weekly basis instead of trying to replicate the WWE product. Its like asking Stoke to play like Barcelona, it just doesnt work, still to what your good at and you'll gain respect and attention along the way.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I agree, without Hogan and Bischoff ie they had Heyman they would be a lot better but im not sure if the would have had Anderson, RVD, Hardy or a 4 sided ring, Ric Flair is another whn has been fun to watch, those are the Hogan plus points, to many bad tho

I liked the 6 sides an it suited the x division better.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:24 pm

I thought the 6 sided ring was a gimmick that had well and truly run its course by the time they got rid of it, I also feel that 6 sides stopped it from being a seriously taken promotion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:30 pm

It was a gimmick at first and was going to get changed after a couple of years but the x division athletes preferred it and the x division used to be TNAs pride and joy. The x division has not been as good since they went to 4.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:37 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:It was a gimmick at first and was going to get changed after a couple of years but the x division athletes preferred it and the x division used to be TNAs pride and joy. The x division has not been as good since they went to 4.

The x division hasnt been as good because it hasnt been given as much TV time. These days there is too much emphasis on the upper card and knockouts. Same can be said for the WWE, the mid card titles dont get a look in anymore. Given the main event talent TNA has to its disposal it is hard to try and fit them all in aswell as giving the x divison the weekly exposure it once had. But what do you do, if TNA had to pick between airing RVD vs Matt Hardy or Amazing Red vs Doug Williams, the latter will be dropped everytime.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:48 pm

The Tag team division in TNA also took a hit lately, I was never a fan of the 6 sides it just didn't scream serious to me, while the focus was on the X Division and they should keep that strong, any main promotion worth its salt has to mould a company around its main guys and Main Event guys are what more often than not get you noticed

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:04 pm

Mr H wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:It was a gimmick at first and was going to get changed after a couple of years but the x division athletes preferred it and the x division used to be TNAs pride and joy. The x division has not been as good since they went to 4.

The x division hasnt been as good because it hasnt been given as much TV time. These days there is too much emphasis on the upper card and knockouts. Same can be said for the WWE, the mid card titles dont get a look in anymore. Given the main event talent TNA has to its disposal it is hard to try and fit them all in aswell as giving the x divison the weekly exposure it once had. But what do you do, if TNA had to pick between airing RVD vs Matt Hardy or Amazing Red vs Doug Williams, the latter will be dropped everytime.

I agree but I would rather watch Amazing Red vs Doug Williams and so would most old school TNA fans.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:05 pm

the-gaffer wrote:The Tag team division in TNA also took a hit lately, I was never a fan of the 6 sides it just didn't scream serious to me, while the focus was on the X Division and they should keep that strong, any main promotion worth its salt has to mould a company around its main guys and Main Event guys are what more often than not get you noticed

The x division was a breeding ground for future TNA main eventers like AJ and Samoa Joe.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:30 pm

But without a strong main event scene for them to go into - what is the point in progressing?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:42 pm

Two guys in 7 years is hardly a breeding ground mate

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:44 pm

I want a strong main event scene that isn't TNA's problem to much of Hogan and Bischoff not giving the fans fights we want to see and to much of Immortal spoiling good matches.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:50 pm

Question is though, how and when will Immortal ever disband? If Bischoff and Hogan are going to be there all the time then how can they end this whole storyline?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 2:10 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Question is though, how and when will Immortal ever disband? If Bischoff and Hogan are going to be there all the time then how can they end this whole storyline?

The only way Immortal will end is if Hulk Hogan himself is fit enough to do it. If there is any way he can have a match you can bet your last Rolo that he'll be the one to "save TNA" after Immortal turn on him and he becomes the sympathetic babyface yet again.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 2:37 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
AberdeenSteve wrote:Question is though, how and when will Immortal ever disband? If Bischoff and Hogan are going to be there all the time then how can they end this whole storyline?

The only way Immortal will end is if Hulk Hogan himself is fit enough to do it. If there is any way he can have a match you can bet your last Rolo that he'll be the one to "save TNA" after Immortal turn on him and he becomes the sympathetic babyface yet again.

Don't see it he was out the other night with a backbrace on. Think Flair will screw him & Bitchoff over and side with fourtune again and I think Dixie still has a part to play.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 07 Apr 2011, 2:40 pm

When Immortal eventually dies, it will be someone getting under Hogan's skin enough that he agrees to a loser loses control match. Probably with someone fighting for Dixie and someone for Hogan

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Apr 2011, 5:58 pm

I agree in part with Y2D2, while I dont think Hogan will have a match I think Immortal will end only when Hogan has a face turn and brings it down

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down