The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Platinum Jubilee - Wrestling in Ten Years

5 posters

Go down

The Platinum Jubilee - Wrestling in Ten Years Empty The Platinum Jubilee - Wrestling in Ten Years

Post by TwisT Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:27 pm

In response to a few people saying that there is a lack of quality articles on here, it has got me thinking that maybe that people have fallen out of love for wrestling. This is a shame, as someone said on here once before, the quality of conversation and knowledge on show about it was amazing at times. This article has been made to try and drum up some more banter about a very easy topic which I have ripped off the Diamond Jubilee celebrations (sorry your majesty).

Where do you see wrestling in 10 years time when HRM is celebrating her Platinum Jubilee?

Now, I don’t want this to be a topic that gets a lot of short answers. I want people on here to properly sit down and think where exactly would wrestling be, who will be leading it, or will it even exist at all? Make the post of a good length, and really get all your thoughts and opinions down. There is no rush – so make the post count!

You may choose what you wish to happen or what you think will happen (but please make it clear in the post).

Possible topics to cover:

- Who will be leading the race for number 1? TNA, WWE or another federation entirely.

- The main higher card wrestlers in 2022.

- Break out stars from the indies, maybe in their teens or early 20’s now, who would join the top feds.

- Retirements and when they happened in that 10 year period. And who of those (and who are retired now) may come back for “one more match”.

- The WrestleMania cards for the next ten years, who do you think will main event?

- Wrestlers that will cross feds? Who do you see jumping ship.

- The quality of wrestling in 10 years time. Will wrestling be a financially viable entertainment business still?

- Major storylines, major developments and major title winners over the decade.

Feel free to expand on this and come up with your own topics of discussion. Please just keep them along the lines of wrestling in 10 years time, and the big happenings that led up to it.

I will post another topic page for responses. Can you please do not reply to a person’s post on here. Either quote the whole text or the main points you wish to discuss, on the other page. That way this can be kept as a time capsule; which we can use to see which of these predictions come true.

Get your thinking caps on, and let everyone see exactly where you think good ol’ wrasslin will be in by the time we put all the bunting and banners up in a decades time!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The Platinum Jubilee - Wrestling in Ten Years Empty Re: The Platinum Jubilee - Wrestling in Ten Years

Post by Crimey Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:33 pm

I think in ten years time, Kurt Angle will have retired, as a WWE superstar, and inducted into the Hall of Fame. I think he'll definitely move back to the WWE some time in the next three to four years and have one last run, possibly a title run and then retire, I imagine by 2017 Angle will have retired.

I think Triple H and Stephanie McMahon will be the day to day runners of WWE legitimately, at 76 McMahon is too old to be the main man of a multi-million dollar company so it has passed down to Triple H and his daughter who are both the off-screen and on-screen authorities.

TNA will have gone out of business in ten years time, Panda energy will have pulled out their funding and it goes under. Sting will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, a few of TNA talents such as Styles will have unsuccessful runs in the WWE before falling back into the indies again. Bobby Roode will have already jumped ship.

John Cena will be on his last legs, working a similar schedule to Shawn Michaels before his retirement. I imagine he'll be a lot more respected now after a heel turn earlier in his career, he's now got 'legend' status and thus is given a positive reaction.

Goldberg will have returned to wrestling for 2 years, possibly within the next three to four years, and then retired. He's in fairly good shape, so will go on a big unbeaten run before being beaten by Cena to end it.

Batista will be on WWE screens after returning years before, he'll be a manager or General Manager or something, occasionally getting into the ring i.e. Triple H now.

The CM Punk/Austin match will have happened at Wrestlemania 30, but not the main event which was given to Undertaker's final ever streak match. The torch will have been passed when Punk beat Austin, who won't have wrestled again by 2022.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Platinum Jubilee - Wrestling in Ten Years Empty Re: The Platinum Jubilee - Wrestling in Ten Years

Post by TwisT Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 am

My thoughts:

WWE and TNA will still be here in ten years time. TNA will be struggling to stay afloat and WWE will not be as dominate as it had been in 2012. Both companies are now struggling with the rise of smaller federations that are doing their PPV's online. ROH are leading the charge for this and is largely seen as the number three organisation for the last 5 years. They start to chip away at TNA who are struggling with their "one venue" policy in USA.

The top stars of the WWE will be Ziggler, Bryan and Rhodes. There will be an expanded mid-card, and world title changes will be more frequent, as creative try and find the next huge star. They have been struggling with this for quite some time.

Undertaker would have retired by 2015. Rey Mysterio would have retired by 2022 as well. Cena would still be in the WWE but would now have a "shawn michaels" type role in his later years - not main eventing for titles, but having big matches against established stars. HHH v Cena would have had at least two Wrestlemania's by this point, also having big one off battles with Goldberg, Batista and Lesner.

Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin will not return from their retirements, apart from gimmick matches that involve them being a referee/enforcer.

VKM would have given the reins to Stephanie McMahon. HHH, feeling the itch for the ring, away from the corporate building, would return for another main event run between 2014-2016.

Summerslam 2017 will be held in London. There would also have been PPV's in India, Mexico and mainland Europe, as WWE tries to get every available $ (or should I say EURO) out of the WWE universe.

Hall of Fame inductees will include HHH, VKM, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Vader, Sting and Kurt Angle.

TNA would have got rid of Hogan, Bischoff and Flair (who had returned upon the promise of cleaning up his act - he didn't). Panda Energy would have been long gone, and TNA would spend most of the decade struggling to get investors. Top stars would have joined the WWE or gone free-lance as wrestling as a mainstream entertainment declines.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:53 am

I Think Rey will retire early then that twist.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:59 am

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:24 am

Here's some quick predictions of where the two companies may be in 10 years time IMO, I would love to write a long articulated article but I just don't have the time right now.

TNA- Panda energy, the Carter family and TNA will have all gone their separate ways and the company will now be funded by an Indian/ far east investment company off the back of their popularity in that part of world due to the promotion headed up by jeff Jarrett recently. TNA will also part company with the impact zone and will put on their weekly shows and PPV's on the road as the WWE do now. Randy Orton will join after an ill tempered and bitter fall out with VKM and the WWE, Orton will instantly become the poster boy and figure head of TNA and will help the company become a real competition to his previous employer, he will go on to fued with Angle and produce some of the best work of his career. TNA will start to draw bigger ratings and live attendances after impact goes live in 2013 around the same time Hogan retires from onscreen TV only to reappear for one more match vs Cena at wrestlemania 30. Austin Aries and Bobby Roode will be the Austin and Rock of this new generation/era and will be two of the bigger drawing and top rates performers in the business.

WWE- Will continue to be reliant on cena and will push him over every talent in an attempt to protect their golden goose which will backfire around 2020 when the current 10 years olds who adore him are 18 and are not interested in super cena anymore, the boos will get louder and more frequent leading cena quitting the business and moving into films where he will have a moderately successful career. The top guys in the company will be Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Dean Ambrose. Angle, the undertaker, HHH, the rock and cena will have all be inducted into the hall of fame. On cena's in ring retirement in 2020 the company will dump their PG rule in an attempt to reconnect with the older fans and win back some viewers from TNA after the ratings drop to below a 2.0 for RAW.

Just a quick run through of some what ifs, I'll update and add more content if I get time.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:25 pm

- Who will be leading the race for number 1? TNA, WWE or another federation entirely.

I’d say money talks, and brand loyalty is massively important. The growing audience is forever young, WWE caters the kids best, and I think TNA’s popularity increasing would only be a boost to the WWE product due to the feeling of competition they haven’t had in years.

- The main higher card wrestlers in 2022.

Christ, this is a hard one. Here today, gone tomorrow some of them. Ziggler, Rhodes, Bryan and I think Sheamus might stick around, whilst Punk and Cena will not have completely disappeared. The others will be names not in WWE now, at least in their current guises/gimmicks.

- Retirements and when they happened in that 10 year period. And who of those (and who are retired now) may come back for “one more match”.

Rey will be gone in the next 3-5 years, possibly after Sin Cara takes his crown. Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry will all disappear around that mark too, and King will be off the mic too. Edge will return for a run at the tag titles with Christian, that will result in them invigorating a division that by then had been given a bit of a boost anyway, but losing to the new super duo and being forced into retirement together. Cena will retire in 2020 only to return in 2022 to be in and around big feuds. Austin will return for that match with Punk too.

- The WrestleMania cards for the next ten years, who do you think will main event?

Lesnar, Rock, Bryan, Punk, Cena and HHH will all main event somewhere. The Rock will beat HHH to force Trips to retire. Cena will gain revenge on The Rock before bowing out. Rock will beat Lesnar, and Bryan will take Cena and Punk in a triple threat one year.

- The quality of wrestling in 10 years time. Will wrestling be a financially viable entertainment business still?

The different incarnations of eras, gimmicks and attitudes will keep it fresh to different audiences. WWE’s ability to push nostalgia on us all will slowly turn the screw on the young audiences of today who have grown older, and the cycle will continue.

- Major storylines, major developments and major title winners over the decade.

• Sin Cara the new Mysterio
• A revamp of R Truth into a completely different heel figure will bring about his rise.
• Tyson Kidd will make his way into the bigger picture. Otunga could be a surprise package too.
• Ryback will last two years before no one cares.
• Title unification.
• Stephanie and Hunter will take control.
• Shane will be convinced to run a revolution faction.
• The Streak will never die.
• Regal will get a push onto the main mic.
• Cena will never, ever, ever go heel.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down