The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Gayle at last recalled to the West Indies Squad!, and he shows what it means!

+6
Shelsey93
mystiroakey
LondonTiger
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Mike Selig
msp83
10 posters

Go down

Chris Gayle at last recalled to the West Indies Squad!, and he shows what it means! Empty Chris Gayle at last recalled to the West Indies Squad!, and he shows what it means!

Post by msp83 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 7:58 am

At last, sense has found its way to the stupid head of the WICB.
Chris Gayle has been recalled to the West Indies ODI squad!!.
At the end of a prolonged political meeting, The WICB has decided to act with some sense for a change.
Besides Gayle, Andre Russell, Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard and Lendl Simmons are also included. Darren Sammy retained as captain, and there is no replacement for Denesh Ramdin either.
Hope Gayle would show his value in the ODI series.

Last edited by msp83 on Sun 08 Jul 2012, 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total

msp83

Back to top Go down

Chris Gayle at last recalled to the West Indies Squad!, and he shows what it means! Empty Re: Chris Gayle at last recalled to the West Indies Squad!, and he shows what it means!

Post by Mike Selig Tue 05 Jun 2012, 8:54 am

Well, let's see if he's the messaia some people have claimed.

Clearly the WICB have no backbone but we already knew that...

Hope he plays a few cameos and walks off smiling having left his team in the soup again. That would at least be consistent with his last few performances.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Chris Gayle at last recalled to the West Indies Squad!, and he shows what it means! Empty Re: Chris Gayle at last recalled to the West Indies Squad!, and he shows what it means!

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 05 Jun 2012, 9:20 am

An entire team of kevin Pietersens would be quite a frightening prospect but you wouldnt want to be the manager.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 05 Jun 2012, 11:31 am

shame that players liek Gayle and Bravo are allowed to pick and choose when they play.

Even bigger shame that the ICC keep screwing WI over and have them playing tests during IPL.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 05 Jun 2012, 12:04 pm

was gonna start this thread up-

how annoyting

KP OUT for england

and gayle in for WI!!

kinda ironic really

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

LondonTiger wrote:shame that players liek Gayle and Bravo are allowed to pick and choose when they play.

Even bigger shame that the ICC keep screwing WI over and have them playing tests during IPL.

Not really the ICC's fault - it is the WICB who schedule their fixtures, and the ECB this particular series. The problem is that the IPL is ridiculously long and so it is always going to clash with something - God, if it got a window I'd have to watch the darned thing so I hope they keep clashing it with internationals. The Gayle issue is actually very complicated, and at no stage has he actually chosen not to play for WI and play the IPL instead.

It will be interesting to see how he goes back in WI colours. Dwayne Bravo is a decent cricketer, but not really a Test player, and only an average ODI player.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 05 Jun 2012, 6:11 pm

Shelsey93 wrote: Dwayne Bravo is a decent cricketer, but not really a Test player, and only an average ODI player.

Sounds like a guaranteed starter for the windies then

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

A player who opens and averages close to 40 over 200 ODIs after playing 'cameos' should be super good!!. What if he starts playing the big ones????????!!!
Gayle was never allowed to 'Pick and Choose', its a load of utter rubbish, he was dropped after the WC, left out in the cold, and at no stage did he say he won't be available to play for the WI. Of course he didn't sign the contract offered by the WICB along with Pollard and the elder Bravo, but the other 2 have been consistently selected for the WI side.
The WICB not only laks a backborn, but more importantly a brain also. That's why the good for nothing idiots kept one of the best ODI-T-20 players and a pretty decent test cricketer out of an absolutely mediocre sie with one world class player.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:19 am

good to see Gayle back in the squad, good for the windies and good for international cricket..

i would expect the windies odi side now to look like this

Gayle
Simmons
Bravo
Samuels
Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin
Sammy
Russell
Rampaul
Narine

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:51 am

CF wrote:good to see Gayle back in the squad, good for the windies and good for international cricket..

i would expect the windies odi side now to look like this

Gayle
Simmons
Bravo
Samuels
Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin
Sammy
Russell
Rampaul
Narine

The WIndies were making pretty good progress during the ODIs v Australia, in which they lined up Charles, Barath, Samuels, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Pollard, Russell, Baugh (wk), Sammy, Narine, Roach

For this series Gayle will obviously replace one of Charles and Barath, but I can't really see Simmons coming in. Ramdin will replace Baugh and Rampaul in for Roach. In that particular series Pollard, Russell and Sammy had a great time with the bat. I wouldn't be surprised if they all come in ahead of Ramdin, who could be as low as nine.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

Mike

Do you share your A/c? Surely you cant post such utter drivel. Chris Gayle has 19 ODI centuries which is a record by a West Indies cricketer. But hey lets not get facts in the way of a good rant! Rolling Eyes

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:11 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Mike

Do you share your A/c? Surely you cant post such utter drivel. Chris Gayle has 19 ODI centuries which is a record by a West Indies cricketer. But hey lets not get facts in the way of a good rant! Rolling Eyes

I know, it was a fairly rubbish post TBH... I was obviously not in a great mood.

I'm not Chris Gayle's biggest fan (despite what some people will say, he HAS made himself unavailable for selection as recently as this test series where by virtue of being at the IPL he was unavailable for selection; and I didn't like his attitude at the past WC). But he is a very good ODI and probably great T20 bat and a genuine match-winner. I am still sceptical as to whether the West Indies are a better team with him in it, but certainly their sum of parts will increase. Let's see how he goes.

And TBH I'm all for second chances. And we don't know what went on behind the scenes, maybe his attitude has changed somewhat.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:30 am

Thats more like Mike Selig though I still dont agree with you regarding his attitude.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri 08 Jun 2012, 4:27 pm

I think its great that CH Gayle is back. Make no bones about it, he's an amazing talent. West Indies cricket is suffering because of the stupidity of its board. Guys like Gayle, Ronnie Sarwan and Jerome Taylor should be automatic choices.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

Demon Racer wrote:I think its great that CH Gayle is back. Make no bones about it, he's an amazing talent. West Indies cricket is suffering because of the stupidity of its board. Guys like Gayle, Ronnie Sarwan and Jerome Taylor should be automatic choices.

compeltely agree

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

CF wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:I think its great that CH Gayle is back. Make no bones about it, he's an amazing talent. West Indies cricket is suffering because of the stupidity of its board. Guys like Gayle, Ronnie Sarwan and Jerome Taylor should be automatic choices.

compeltely agree

I can't see what all the fuss is about with Gayle. He may be a good striker of the ball but he can bring more problems to the West Indies team.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 9:35 am

Gayle's just not a match winning player, he means much more to those who really matter in WI cricket, the players. Have a look at this from cricinfo.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/568535.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 9:36 am

gayle is the nuts lads- dont think he isnt

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 08 Jul 2012, 5:03 am

Since his comeback, Gayle has played 6 international matches for the West Indies, 2 T-20s and 4 ODIs. And in those 6 times, he has scored a hundred and 4 50s. Ernest Whatever is not renewing his contract as WICB CEO, thank the heavens for that!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:40 am

Kudos to Gayle, and pleased to be proved wrong. Humble pie for Mike. A test call-up surely now beckons, and if he can reproduce his desire in the longer format, this "improving West Indian side" will surely be the better for it. Bravo, Chanderpaul and Samuels is a reasonable middle-order, it's really at the top that they've been struggling recently.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

Imagine how good Gayle could be if he actually knew how to rotate the strike and take quick singles.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 3:42 pm

good to see gayle back playing for windies, and hopefully he will be in test side.

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 09 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

Lendl Simmons hasn't really taken his chances, may be they have to put Dwayne Smith(not that I rate him too high) to opening along with Gayle in ODIs, and Adrian Barath can be the other opener in test matches. Darren Bravo should come in at 3, Samuels, Chanderpaul, Russell/Dwayne Bravo could constitute the middle order, Ramdin at 7 and Sammy at 8, then Roach, Narine and Rampaul the bowlers. Now that would constitute a decent lineup against New Zealand for the test matches.
In an ideal world there won't be any place in the first choice 11 for Darren Sammy as hes'nt just good enough, but you don't live in an ideal world.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 09 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

msp83 wrote:Lendl Simmons hasn't really taken his chances, may be they have to put Dwayne Smith(not that I rate him too high) to opening along with Gayle in ODIs, and Adrian Barath can be the other opener in test matches. Darren Bravo should come in at 3, Samuels, Chanderpaul, Russell/Dwayne Bravo could constitute the middle order, Ramdin at 7 and Sammy at 8, then Roach, Narine and Rampaul the bowlers. Now that would constitute a decent lineup against New Zealand for the test matches.
In an ideal world there won't be any place in the first choice 11 for Darren Sammy as hes'nt just good enough, but you don't live in an ideal world.

West Indies have thrashed New Zealand without always playing well themselves (which shows just how poor NZ have been!). On Saturday Gayle batted well until NZ finally worked out a plan which restricted him, but all the batsmen faced far too many dot balls. However NZ bowled too many six balls, which meant that the pressure never built as it would have against a better bowling line-up, where it wouldn't have been possible to hit so many boundaries. Their bowling and fielding performances were pretty poor too, though they won with ease.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:54 pm

An old thread that I had started when the WICB chose to be sensible for a change!!!!.
And now the WI are worlt T-20 champions.
Of course Samuels, Narine, Rampaul and Pollard, all played their part, but would West Indies have won without Gayle? IFS and BUTS, but I would certainly say no!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 8:04 pm

msp83 wrote:An old thread that I had started when the WICB chose to be sensible for a change!!!!.
And now the WI are worlt T-20 champions.
Of course Samuels, Narine, Rampaul and Pollard, all played their part, but would West Indies have won without Gayle? IFS and BUTS, but I would certainly say no!.

Absolutely. Well done to those who negotiated a solution to what was quite a ridiculous en-passe (the issues were trivial, and there was never an issue between Gayle and the team itself, making it very different from the Pietersen situation).

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down