The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year

+4
lydian
hawkeye
Haddie-nuff
jersey
8 posters

Go down

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year Empty Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 1:50 pm

No Roland Garros title for Nadal this year.

Add the Simon Reed curse of predicting Nadal as the RG winner and voila it is a foregone conclusion. No RG for the annoying Spanish moonballer.

Laugh

Guess who Reed had predicted as the female RG winner?

Fat whale Serena. Laugh

jersey

Back to top Go down

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year Empty Re: Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 1:52 pm

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year Reed_content

jersey

Back to top Go down

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year Empty Re: Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 2:05 pm

Actually it isn´t pink Nike have named it Crimson Fire nah nah nah nah thumbsdown

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 3:10 pm

Haddie-nuff

It could be called anything but it looks like pink to me. I think it shows extreme bravery. Not only is Nadal brave enough to wear pink in the first place but he is also brave enough to put on a colour for RG associated with his biggest ever shock loss. Other weaker mortals wouldn't dare...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 3:17 pm

Nadal is a goner at RG this year like in 2009.

laughing

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 3:21 pm

Oh yes...he wore pink when Soderling beat him right?
As long as he doesnt also wear pink shorts, pink socks and pink bandana it should be too bad...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 3:23 pm

I have pink pants!

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 3:27 pm

too much info LK! Shocked

Oh hang, you mean shorts right...? lol
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 3:31 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I have pink pants!

It's not really that brave unless you've lost to Soderling whilst wearing them.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Not that brave HE? ...you wouldnt get me down the club sporting a pair!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 3:34 pm

It unsettles the opponents!! It's a good thing! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 3:38 pm

If you wear 'em tight you'll have to pick at them between serves too Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 3:39 pm

Nah. The lyrca feel and the grunting. That is how you turn the tide in matches. Erghhhhhhhaaaaaaaa after each groundstroke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 5:19 pm

hawkeye wrote:Haddie-nuff

It could be called anything but it looks like pink to me. I think it shows extreme bravery. Not only is Nadal brave enough to wear pink in the first place but he is also brave enough to put on a colour for RG associated with his biggest ever shock loss. Other weaker mortals wouldn't dare...

Which proves a point no ???? contrary to the belief that Rafa is superstitious no ????

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sport Junkie Wed 30 May 2012, 5:31 pm

When will Jersey get a prediction right, just check William Hill, Jersey 4 a correct prediction ur price at 10000/1, may put pound on u, u may fluke 1, & ur 1/1000000 2 b wrong, seems like thee bookies never get it wrong.

Sport Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Wed 30 May 2012, 5:46 pm

I went to a club in Majorca a couple of years ago.....there in the middle of an adoring crowd i spotted Nadal who was dancing like crazy. He was wearing a pink latex vest incredibly tight, it really was shell shocking to watch.....
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 6:04 pm

polished_man wrote:I went to a club in Majorca a couple of years ago.....there in the middle of an adoring crowd i spotted Nadal who was dancing like crazy. He was wearing a pink latex vest incredibly tight, it really was shell shocking to watch.....

Where in Majorca pm :roll:

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 6:10 pm

Shell shocking or shell suit...lol.
He was probably wearing lime green tight spandex pants and a trilby as well.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 6:13 pm

Now your being silly lydian he would surely be wearing a glitter bandana.. trilby indeed Shocked

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 6:24 pm

Mais oui haddie...

Surely he couldnt look any sillier than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO0wbvQ4GSw
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 30 May 2012, 6:27 pm

Can't open that. It's not Fed in his jacket & trousers, is it?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 6:28 pm

Staying Alive !!!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed 30 May 2012, 6:53 pm

Aren't we all getting a little horny on Nadal's pink? Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 7:36 pm

Aye BB...that cringeworthy (but fun) ad with Tiger Woods where he's got those platform shoes on!
See if this link works...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1Ds3PvFcY
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 7:43 pm

Deja Vu.

Nadal wearing pink shirt, Federer wins RG.

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 7:48 pm

jersey wrote:... No RG for the annoying Spanish moonballer. Laugh
... Fat whale Serena. Laugh
Methinks there is a place for you on another site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed 30 May 2012, 7:56 pm

Yep, someone give him the VIP ticket.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 8:01 pm

Incidentally check it out on Wooffies blog... Rafan (one of the girls saw Rafa yesterday) His shirt looks pink but "in the flesh" IT IS RED

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 8:59 pm

I know Haddie, I had read it was reddish on a report.

Compare the 2009 version:
http://gototennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/rafael_nadal_french_open1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/v3zp74.jpg

To the 2012 one:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6077/6150182103_473d874ddc.jpg
http://tennisconnected.com/home/wp-content/uploads/featuresPlayer/nadalrg12.jpg
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 9:04 pm

Nadal's 2012 RG shirt is hot pink. Get it? Hot pink.

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year Dssb-056_hot_pink

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d0Wg4V3Y-G4/TKqUnvOD0SI/AAAAAAAAAog/q-QGLlNSfUM/s400/dssb-056_hot_pink.gif

http://www.tennispro.es/media/catalog/product/cache/7/thumbnail/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/4/446919-691.jpgNadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year 446919-691

Last edited by jersey on Wed 30 May 2012, 9:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 9:05 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Incidentally check it out on Wooffies blog... Rafan (one of the girls saw Rafa yesterday) His shirt looks pink but "in the flesh" IT IS RED

Mmmm. I think that might be some sort of physiological phenomenon. We can all see what we want to see.

Nadal may be extemely brave and be willing to demonstrate this by playing the pink card again. Some of his fans could perhaps be a little (or a lot...) less brave. They prefere not to laugh in the face of superstition and instead call "pink" some other fancy red sounding name. Pfft!

Linking to my article about Serena Williams... I know that in a similar situation she would be clothed entirely in powder puff pink...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 9:09 pm

jersey

You are obviously a complete "weenie". I bet you don't possess even one item of pink clothing. In fact my guess is that just to be on the safe side you dress entirely in blue... navy blue!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 9:11 pm

Nadal's 2012 RG shirt is the same shade as Sharapova's Rome 2012 outfit.

Hot pink. Both from Nike.

http://i2.esmas.com/2012/05/19/373721/maria-sharapova-300x350.jpg

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year Maria-sharapova-300x350

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 9:14 pm

HE...I fear you are going colour blind, lol...its "Scarlet Fire"

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?pcode=NMSRFCC

Got my eye on the RF jacket...just the matter of $125 though...and you HAVE to get the rest of the outfit!
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Mens_Summer_2_RF_Smash_Jacket/descpageMANIKE-NMSRFFJ.html
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 9:15 pm

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year 446919-691

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year 209948_144778337

HOT PINK

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 9:19 pm

In the past pink was a boys colour and blue was a girls colour.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 9:23 pm

Jersey...now this is what I call pink. Matches the trousers, belt and pose well Wink
Link --> Pink!!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 9:29 pm

lydian wrote:Jersey...now this is what I call pink. Matches the trousers, belt and pose well Wink
Link --> Pink!!

That is light pink and he is not playing with that color.

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 9:31 pm

lydian. What's the difference between

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Mens_Summer_2_RF_Smash_Jacket/descpageMANIKE-NMSRFFJ.html

and

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Mens_Summer_1_Rafa_Finals_N98_Jacket/descpageMANIKE-NMSRFPJ.html ?

Well apart from the colour of the Nike tick and the extra 1% spandex in number 2... and of course the extra $25 cost of number 1.

Make sure you buy the correct one.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 9:32 pm

Nore Staat wrote:In the past pink was a boys colour and blue was a girls colour.

I bet in the past Nadal would have been brave enough to wear blue...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 9:33 pm

lol...well spotted HE...not called Hawk-Eye for nothing hey? Wink

That could be $25 well saved OK

After all, I've just spent >£300 on 2 racquets and a further £55 for stringing them...I need to save as much as I can!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 9:35 pm

lydian wrote:lol...well spotted HE...not called Hawk-Eye for nothing hey? Wink

That could be $25 well saved Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year 3610695981

After all, I've just spent >£300 on 2 racquets and a further £55 for stringing them...I need to save as much as I can!

Ha ha! Glad to be of service.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 9:40 pm

OK HE

I see this pink thing is catching.... Another Pinkster!

Do you think Tiriac would consider Pink Balls for the Madrid Open 2013?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 10:03 pm

2012, Featured, From the fans, Roland Garros »
Fire up for Rafa!

We had so much fun going blue last year, why not do something similar this year? Problem is, what color is that darn shirt? Red? Pink? Raspberry? The official name from Nike is “Scarlet Fire”, so fire shall be our theme. It’s a fitting one since our boy is often so fired up on the court.

How can you show that your fired up for Rafa’s attempt to win a historic 7th Roland Garros? The tradition started with us painting toe or fingernails to match Rafa’s shirts,

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 30 May 2012, 10:10 pm

http://www.prodirecttennis.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDT-302-009-906&DEPT=302&BRAND=9&SS=1

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Wed 30 May 2012, 11:43 pm

I think, in fairness, this is much closer to what I saw that night in Majorca.....

Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year Front_11
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 31 May 2012, 7:18 am

Jersey..

You say its PINK but Nike have said
It is called SCARLET FIRE and SCARLET is red
Who cares what you SEE ..whether its pink or its red.
The Matter is closed so put it to bed.

When Rafa lifts that 7th Trophy on the 10th day of June
He wont give a monkey´s he´ll be over the moon
Do you think he will care for what YOU think ?
No of course he wont... HE WILL BE TICKLED PINK

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Thu 31 May 2012, 12:11 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Jersey..

You say its PINK but Nike have said
It is called SCARLET FIRE and SCARLET is red
Who cares what you SEE ..whether its pink or its red.
The Matter is closed so put it to bed.

When Rafa lifts that 7th Trophy on the 10th day of June
He wont give a monkey´s he´ll be over the moon
Do you think he will care for what YOU think ?
No of course he wont... HE WILL BE TICKLED PINK

He won't even reach the RG final. Laugh

Pink shirt curse. Nadal is wearing a pink shirt at Roland Garros this year 3933776953

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:08 pm

Ominous.

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:21 pm

brave

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down