The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUGAR RAY LEONARD Q&A!!!!!!!!!!

+16
Atila
azania
milkyboy
superflyweight
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Josef K.
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
Fists of Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
as1079
JabMachineMK2
paperbag_puncher
Seanusarrilius
20 posters

Go down

SUGAR RAY LEONARD Q&A!!!!!!!!!! Empty SUGAR RAY LEONARD Q&A!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 3:52 pm

Guys, if this doesn't get your goat then you don't like boxing.

Sugar Ray Leonard says he will do it. I jut have to check with his publicist PMK BNC

1st. Someone advise me how to do that????

2nd. WHow amazing would this be if we could do it?????

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

SUGAR RAY LEONARD Q&A!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: SUGAR RAY LEONARD Q&A!!!!!!!!!!

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 29 May 2012, 3:59 pm

http://www.pmkbnc.com/home/index.html

I presume you'll have to contact the lads above. I don't know how you'll verify that SRL said he'd do it though.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:02 pm

Twitter mate. Going to send them the tweet he responded too. There only questions, he can easily verify whether he said he would do them.

I can't see that at work . I have info@pmkbnc.com as a contact on my phone. Does that seem right mate?

More than this we need questions! I want to send them the whole thing ready to go. Not half put together. So questions lads. This would be an outstanding coup for our forum.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 29 May 2012, 4:04 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Twitter mate. Going to send them the tweet he responded too. There only questions, he can easily verify whether he said he would do them.

I can't see that at work . I have info@pmkbnc.com as a contact on my phone. Does that seem right mate?

More than this we need questions! I want to send them the whole thing ready to go. Not half put together. So questions lads. This would be an outstanding coup for our forum.

Yeah that's the email on their website.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:05 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Twitter mate. Going to send them the tweet he responded too. There only questions, he can easily verify whether he said he would do them.

Yeah that's the email on their website.

Ok, cool. All we need now are questions. Gentlemen!!!!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 29 May 2012, 4:08 pm

In comparison to these days, how much would you say the quality of boxing has increased or decreased?

Throughout your career you were written off more than once, what did you draw on to prove those people wrong?

Who was the hardest puncher you faced?

What was your proudest moment in your career?

What tips would you give to a youngster starting out?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:09 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:In comparison to these days, how much would you say the quality of boxing has increased or decreased?

Throughout your career you were written off more than once, what did you draw on to prove those people wrong?

Who was the hardest puncher you faced?

What was your proudest moment in your career?

What tips would you give to a youngster starting out?

Nice one man

Great stuff

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:10 pm

How does your mentality change when you retire? Is it once a fighter always a fighter, or are you so far removed form that metality now it seems a lifetime ago.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Tue 29 May 2012, 4:11 pm

How do Pacquiao and Mayweather rank amongst boxing's greats?
Is the sport in a worse position than it was at your time, or is that just negativity from the media?

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 May 2012, 4:13 pm

I heard you say if you were to fight Mayweather you wouldn't even go looking for his chin, what would you do that the other 43 have failed to?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:14 pm

Just how hard was Tommy Hearns right hand?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 29 May 2012, 4:15 pm

Do you ever think about making one more comeback?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 29 May 2012, 4:15 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I heard you say if you were to fight Mayweather you wouldn't even go looking for his chin, what would you do that the other 43 have failed to?

That would be 42, Alex.

thumbsup
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 29 May 2012, 4:21 pm

Union Cane wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I heard you say if you were to fight Mayweather you wouldn't even go looking for his chin, what would you do that the other 43 have failed to?

That would be 42, Alex.

thumbsup

43(26)-0-0
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 May 2012, 4:21 pm

Were there any opponents of yours that completely surprised you once you got in the ring with them, i.e. fought a completely different fight to that which you had prepared for or hit harder/softer than perhaps you had expected?

People you fought:

Fastest hands:
Best defence:
Hardest punch:
Best chin:
Most unorthodox:
Smartest:
Toughest:

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:22 pm

You had the good and bad fortune of being surrounded by outstanding talent in your day. How important to you is your boxing legacy? And do you think fighters still have the same drive to define their careers with big fights as you and the other Fab Four fighters did?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 29 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Is the importance of keeping your '0' more important now than when you fought?

Who in your opinion is the best fighter yet to win a world title?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 29 May 2012, 4:27 pm

There's a misconception that you were a fighter who didn't like to take risks, and carefully played every angle to your advantage; however, how many Olympic medallists in the modern era would be matched with a phenomenal, unbeaten talent like Benitez in their first world title fight, for instance? You also took on Hearns at the peak of his powers, and took the Hagler fight when most others wouldn't have even dreamed of it. With all that in mind, does it bother you that some still view you as a no-risk fighter?

In the build up to the Hagler fight, you said, "If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Hagler. If I were a smart man, I'd bet on me", which is one of my favourite boxing quotes. Do you have any favourite quotes from other boxers or trainers yourself?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:29 pm

These are great guys!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 4:30 pm

Also, guys, I was just going to email his publicist form my personal email anmd outline the questions and links to our forum etc and wait for response. What you think?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Tue 29 May 2012, 4:36 pm

What's your opinion on certain fighters protecting the '0'? And if they'll stay unbeaten, what is the impact on their legacy?

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 29 May 2012, 4:39 pm

I can step in if you like Sean, I'm rather good at this official stuff - I can drop them a line and mention that you've been in touch and that he's requested you clear with them that he's ok to speak to us in an unofficial capacity.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 29 May 2012, 5:07 pm

Who do you think has an easier style for you to beat, mayweather or pacquiao?

What young fighters are you excited by?

How did you feel when you heard that you were blowing the fight with hearns?

Which fighter if any managed to get under your skin and did it hinder you or fire you up?

The most hurt you've been in the ring excluding camacho?

Does inactivity of fighters these days,including yourself as you ony had 40 fights, harm all time great claims for modern boxers as older generation igniter snormally have over 100 fights each.

Why did you think was your best asset in the ring

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 5:08 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I can step in if you like Sean, I'm rather good at this official stuff - I can drop them a line and mention that you've been in touch and that he's requested you clear with them that he's ok to speak to us in an unofficial capacity.

Cheers Jab, I will sort it. Got a few to fire off tonight anyway. Thanks though mate.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 29 May 2012, 5:22 pm

Might be worth speaking to Adam and Fists, Sean. They've done these in the past.

When you look back at your career, which victory fills you with the most pride?

Apart from you, who do you consider to be the top 3 welterweights in history and how does Floyd compare.

How would your tactics differ if you were facing Floyd and Manny. Who would you rather face?

If you could fight any fighter from any era, who would it be?

Boxing's popularity is said to be on the decline. What would you do to arrest that decline? For example - do we need to get rid of the multiple belt system.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 29 May 2012, 5:30 pm

You were very honest in your appraisal of the hearns rematch and admitted you were lucky to get the draw. The scoring in the hagler fight has been the subject of much debate... 25 years on, do you believe you won that fight?

Had the hagler fight happened 5 years earlier, when both of you were in better shape, how would the fight have panned out?

It strikes me that some of your comments suggest you won some fights through being smart outside the ring (eg the timing of the duran 2 and hagler fights, and various contract negotiations and pyschological battles). Clearly everyone is looking for an edge in negotiations but do you feel this honesty has hurt your legacy at all? And, hand on heart, during your career, were you more interested in the world thinking you were smart, or thinking you were a great fighter?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 29 May 2012, 5:32 pm

milkyboy wrote:You were very honest in your appraisal of the hearns rematch and admitted you were lucky to get the draw. The scoring in the hagler fight has been the subject of much debate... 25 years on, do you believe you won that fight?
Had the hagler fight happened 5 years earlier, when both of you were in better shape, how would the fight have panned out?

It strikes me that some of your comments suggest you won some fights through being smart outside the ring (eg the timing of the duran 2 and hagler fights, and various contract negotiations and pyschological battles). Clearly everyone is looking for an edge in negotiations but do you feel this honesty has hurt your legacy at all? And, hand on heart, during your career, were you more interested in the world thinking you were smart, or thinking you were a great fighter?

should have added, 'subject of much debate by milkyboy and atila'... speaking of whom, i'm sure sure he has some good questions for ray if he happens along Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 5:39 pm

superflyweight wrote:Might be worth speaking to Adam and Fists, Sean. They've done these in the past.

When you look back at your career, which victory fills you with the most pride?

Apart from you, who do you consider to be the top 3 welterweights in history and how does Floyd compare.

How would your tactics differ if you were facing Floyd and Manny. Who would you rather face?

If you could fight any fighter from any era, who would it be?

Boxing's popularity is said to be on the decline. What would you do to arrest that decline? For example - do we need to get rid of the multiple belt system.

Cheers buddy!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 29 May 2012, 5:48 pm

You didn't have many fights compared to some ATGs. Do you wish you had of fought more and is there anyone that you wished you'd fought that you didn't?

Were you at all wary of adopting the "Sugar" moniker considering the greatness of the man who used it before you?

Who was the greatest of the fab 4? (including yourself)

Dream job if you weren't a boxer?

Who would be your nightmare opponent?

You were one of the most well rounded fighters ever. What do you consider was your biggest weakness in the ring?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 29 May 2012, 5:59 pm

Why did you avoid giving Hearns a rematch for so long and why did you avoid rematching Hagler?

Why are you such a shmarmy git also? (OK perhaps you should ask him that).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 6:02 pm

azania wrote:Why did you avoid giving Hearns a rematch for so long and why did you avoid rematching Hagler?

Why are you such a shmarmy git also? (OK perhaps you should ask him that).

yeah, might leave that one out Az, ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 29 May 2012, 6:28 pm

milkyboy wrote:
milkyboy wrote:You were very honest in your appraisal of the hearns rematch and admitted you were lucky to get the draw. The scoring in the hagler fight has been the subject of much debate... 25 years on, do you believe you won that fight?

should have added, 'subject of much debate by milkyboy and atila'... speaking of whom, i'm sure sure he has some good questions for ray if he happens along Very Happy
Thanks for remembering me Milky. OK

Some good questions on this thread. I would ask him if he regrets retiring in 1982 and 1984 and just wishes that he had continued to be an active fighter?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 29 May 2012, 6:35 pm

[quote="Atila"]
milkyboy wrote:

Thanks for remembering me Milky. OK

quote]

I will ask that mate

Sending th elist off to his PR peeps now

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 29 May 2012, 7:11 pm

You were at the Froch - Bute fight in Nottingham at the weekend, how did that, if at all, compare to the atmosphere at some of your fights?

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 29 May 2012, 7:56 pm

Why did it take so long to rematch Hearns?
How do you see yourself vs Hearns going at 154?
Out of today's fighters, from welter to super middleweight, who could beat you?
It's a known fact that baldness equates to superior fighting ability, had Hagler worn a large afro could you have beaten him beyond doubt?
Which boxers currently are on cocaine but not known to be?
What's Nicolas Cage like, do you think?
Have you ever thought of growing a moustache?
Have you seen anything of David Price? If so what do you think?
Where does Bute go from here?
How do you console yourself knowing the only fit Duran you faced beat you?
Which moder weight divisions need scrapping?
Which of the many governing bodies do you respect the most?
Do you have a bad word to say about anybody?
Have you had facelifts?
What do you think of Edward Norton? As a fighter, and as a man?
I might think up some more...

Do you have a large "L" on your left glove and a large "R" on your right? I do. Stops me from forgetting.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 29 May 2012, 8:38 pm

Atila wrote:Thanks for remembering me Milky.

i lost my internet forum cherry sparring with you atila, you never forget your first time... and i suspect the experience left you just as dissatisfied as the lovely lady in question many many years ago! Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 9:05 pm

Are there any other sports that you follow closely?

Are there any other sportsmen/women (active or retired) that you admire ?

ghost

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Tue 29 May 2012, 9:32 pm

what 3 fights could bring boxing back to the forefront
what would you view as your greatest win
describe your role as godfather to kim kardashian

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 30 May 2012, 1:54 am

During your career you were trained by Dundeee, who is hugely respected, and by Pepe Correa,who is held is somewhat less high regard. Is Correa's reputation as a yes man with a lack of tactical acumen unfair?

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down