The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute's chin and where does he go?

+18
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
bellchees
KC
tunes666
J.Benson II
Nico the gman
mikeymax71
KingMonkey
azania
Rodney
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
manos de piedra
Josef K.
BoxingFan88
Mayweathers cellmate
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bute's chin and where does he go? Empty Bute's chin and where does he go?

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Savage beating he took last night, kind of felt bad for him in hindsight as he is a nice guy and slick boxer.

Can he come back? If so, how? Also, the chin. He took so many hard shots and didn't go down, although he was clearly out on his feet at the end. Is he chinny or is his defence just very poor?

Where now for Bute?

Oh and can I say, Jim Watt was actually ok last night, weird.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Sun May 27, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Bute's chin and where does he go? Empty Re: Bute's chin and where does he go?

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun May 27, 2012 6:49 pm

I think Bute has been molly-coddled through his career. I bet he's never put in real pressure in sparring and so doesn't really know what to do when he faces someone like Froch.

IMO he should ditch his team move to the US, get a top quality trainer and try to reinvent himself. A bit like Khan has done. What ever he does it'll have to be at the double, he's 32 so not much time left.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 6:51 pm

I do agree he prob waited a little too long before stepping up. Still, strange he was obliterated cos he clearly has talent.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I thought Jim Watt was incredibly harsh on Frampton. He boxed fantastically. Watt is always the first person to start off when a fighter has a tear up rather than using his skills.

He showed in the later rounds that he could handle himself had it gone to a tear up. Frampton got in a tough 12 rounder and it will do wonders for his confidence and experience.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Bute's defence looked poor, but I believe all but the true elite would have been made to look like that against Froch last night. I've never seen Bute in with a tenacious fighter, like Froch was last night and he couldn't cope. But IMO, Froch was just that good.
Working under the assumption that he doesn't enact the rematch clause, I guess he could take Steiglitz on, which would be a bit pointless, but he could call himself 2-time world champ. Don't think that's Bute's style though. He's a big bloke, so I don't think he'd find LHW too hard to make. I think this is the most likely. If Pascal beats Cloud, which looks likely, a title-fight in Canada between those two would be HUGE (note the capital letters)

However, I see nothing but a long period of inactivity. 30 fights unbeaten, then to get whupped in 5 like that will be hard to manage mentally. We've seen it so many times down the years.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Josef K. wrote:Bute's defence looked poor, but I believe all but the true elite would have been made to look like that against Froch last night. I've never seen Bute in with a tenacious fighter, like Froch was last night and he couldn't cope. But IMO, Froch was just that good.
Working under the assumption that he doesn't enact the rematch clause, I guess he could take Steiglitz on, which would be a bit pointless, but he could call himself 2-time world champ. Don't think that's Bute's style though. He's a big bloke, so I don't think he'd find LHW too hard to make. I think this is the most likely. If Pascal beats Cloud, which looks likely, a title-fight in Canada between those two would be HUGE (note the capital letters)

However, I see nothing but a long period of inactivity. 30 fights unbeaten, then to get whupped in 5 like that will be hard to manage mentally. We've seen it so many times down the years.

Nice summary mate. You're right - how does he recover? That's key. If he can metally come again then an easy warm up victory in 5/6 months and Pascal next year at 175 would make sense.

Or he could take cloud on if Pascal beats him as a first fight at 175. Cloud can bang but he is not that slick.

Froch has 18-24 months left for me. 3/4 more fightsa t top level with I imagine a well earned career high pay day v Kessler to begin with. Stieglitz might get past AA if he can handle his power, Froch would decapitate Stieglitz on that form though.

Groves and degale need to look at that and honestly ask when they are going to be ready to mix it in such circles cos frankly, they are no where near ready for the Froch, Kesslers or Wards of this world. Not to mention the ever non present Dirrell

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 pm

I was really surprised at how poor his defence was. He didnt look slick at last night. His chin seemed ok in the sense he took alot of big shots and kept in there but he did look rattled when Froch got through.

Nothing really of Butes form carried up that extra level with him. His speed wasnt there, his awkwardness wasnt there, no slickness or smoothness in his boxing at all and very easy to hit. Physically he was bullied. I could envisage Froch winning late in the fight but never expected him to win like that.

There might an element of alot of small things going against Bute to make him look worst than he was last night - underestimating Froch, the less than perfect build up in training, hostile atmosphere etc so I wouldnt dismiss him yet. But alot more fighters might fancy a go at him now even guys like Groves and DeGale.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 7:31 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I was really surprised at how poor his defence was. He didnt look slick at last night. His chin seemed ok in the sense he took alot of big shots and kept in there but he did look rattled when Froch got through.

Nothing really of Butes form carried up that extra level with him. His speed wasnt there, his awkwardness wasnt there, no slickness or smoothness in his boxing at all and very easy to hit. Physically he was bullied. I could envisage Froch winning late in the fight but never expected him to win like that.

There might an element of alot of small things going against Bute to make him look worst than he was last night - underestimating Froch, the less than perfect build up in training, hostile atmosphere etc so I wouldnt dismiss him yet. But alot more fighters might fancy a go at him now even guys like Groves and DeGale.

If Groves were more aggressive, with his power he would have a shot at KOing Bute.Degale has no pwoer at SM and I think Bute would outpoint him in a posturing battle. It was odd how passive Bute was in the fight. Just so passive and Froch mauled him like a rabid drunken inbred gibbon

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun May 27, 2012 7:37 pm

He is chinny, no covering it up. Yes he managed to take a lot of shots before actually going down, but it was te fact that he was wobbled with every shot froch landed with. Even the ones that were partially blocked took him off his feet.

Andrade knoked him out, he had a 20 second count and when he walked back to his corner he was still out of it. Froch said that he got knocked out properly (on his back) in the amateurs.

He is 32 so doesn't have enough time to redevelope himself. He'll go back to Canada fighting safe fighters and making a lot of money

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun May 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Bit of th bruno to bute

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

I said yesterday he will need to do a Khan and find a world class trainer who can take his un doubted skill and better him for the next level.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun May 27, 2012 7:44 pm

I think his chin was ok tbh Sean, what I was surprised at was Bute's lack of ring generalship and lack of inexperience, when he got hit I'm not sure whether it was the 2nd or 3rd round he kinda just shuffled his feet and backed himself onto the ropes, I thought Bute kinda resigned himself defeat, was a bit shell shocked, but credit to Froch he was brilliant and genuine class act out of the ring, chuffed to bits for him.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun May 27, 2012 7:45 pm

I give Bute credit for hanging in there as long as he did because he had to take some heavy hits. With the Andrade fight, I always felt being at the very end of the fight exhaustion was a big factor in it. He had looked knackered in the last couple of rounds and I felt it could have been a case of just running out of gas. But he did look shaky against Froch anytime Froch landed. He looked to hang on and all composure vanished.

One thing I do think was a factor is just how tough Froch is. Bute actually landed some big shots on occasion that Froch took well. At least three big ones. I think it really unnerved Bute to have a fighter in front of him couldnt discourage with his power. His confidence seemed to drain when Froch walked through him and he abondoned his controlled boxing.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Rodney wrote:I think his chin was ok tbh Sean, what I was surprised at was Bute's lack of ring generalship and lack of inexperience, when he got hit I'm not sure whether it was the 2nd or 3rd round he kinda just shuffled his feet and backed himself onto the ropes, I thought Bute kinda resigned himself defeat, was a bit shell shocked, but credit to Froch he was brilliant and genuine class act out of the ring, chuffed to bits for him.

Cheers

Rodders

Me too mate. Good for him. Bute was too"nice" in there aswell, needed to assert himself very early, be the champ, so to speak. Even when he held it was so desperate that once broken froch was must have felt like a Cave Man who could just pound away at him. He took 90 power punches or something in 4 and half rounds so I am not calling him glass chinned. But he needs to learn how to gut it out and at least survive. Funny thing is, he dealt with Bika so well. How do you deal with Bika so well and go down like this?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 7:54 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I give Bute credit for hanging in there as long as he did because he had to take some heavy hits. With the Andrade fight, I always felt being at the very end of the fight exhaustion was a big factor in it. He had looked knackered in the last couple of rounds and I felt it could have been a case of just running out of gas. But he did look shaky against Froch anytime Froch landed. He looked to hang on and all composure vanished.

One thing I do think was a factor is just how tough Froch is. Bute actually landed some big shots on occasion that Froch took well. At least three big ones. I think it really unnerved Bute to have a fighter in front of him couldnt discourage with his power. His confidence seemed to drain when Froch walked through him and he abondoned his controlled boxing.

Froch just barged through those shots like a beast, didn't he

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun May 27, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm not sure mate, he seemed to just fall apart, I don't want to criticise Bute because its doing a disservice to Carl, but he looked like a novice at times and you're right he was maybes too nice, a loss is not the end of the world but that was some defeat he got pummelled for 5 rounds, and I'm not sure he can come back at elite level after this.

Hope I'm wrong because I thought Bute and his trainer oozed class pre and post fight, really nice to see.

thanks
Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:I was really surprised at how poor his defence was. He didnt look slick at last night. His chin seemed ok in the sense he took alot of big shots and kept in there but he did look rattled when Froch got through.

If Groves were more aggressive, with his power he would have a shot at KOing Bute.Degale has no pwoer at SM and I think Bute would outpoint him in a posturing battle. It was odd how passive Bute was in the fight. Just so passive and Froch mauled him like a rabid drunken inbred gibbon

Groves would get massacred by Bute. Lets not forget Bute lost to a very good fighter in Froch. No need to sell him short. It takes away the gloss from Froch's performance to say he beat up a dud. He didn't.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun May 27, 2012 8:27 pm

That's a fair enough point, Bute was definitely no dud. But the blueprint is there now, intimidate the life out of him and apply the pressure. Groves has enough power but is likely too green if it came down to a chess match.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 27, 2012 8:30 pm

KingMonkey wrote:That's a fair enough point, Bute was definitely no dud. But the blueprint is there now, intimidate the life out of him and apply the pressure. Groves has enough power but is likely too green if it came down to a chess match.

Groves defences are often wide open. He has been hurt before. I'd take Bute over him any day of the week. He landed some hurtful shots against Carl. Punched which would make Groves think more than twice. Froch is a strong bar steward. Groves isn't.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun May 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Compared to Carl nobody is!! But, again, fair point. Bute did indeed land a couple of meaty shots in there and Froch barely blinked but Bute's confidence now will be in tatters and who's to say that perhaps his shots don't actually have the power we thought previously? Groves in London would be Bute's second toughest fight ever remember.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun May 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Groves is a domestic level fighter, his bed twins are degale and Stephen smith.

Kenny Anderson hurt him, what do you think Bute would do to him. Groves is a lot like Bute thinking about it, vulnerable, open but still very skilled.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 27, 2012 8:45 pm

KingMonkey wrote:Compared to Carl nobody is!! But, again, fair point. Bute did indeed land a couple of meaty shots in there and Froch barely blinked but Bute's confidence now will be in tatters and who's to say that perhaps his shots don't actually have the power we thought previously? Groves in London would be Bute's second toughest fight ever remember.

I think Bute would make short work of Groves. Groves is a good attacking fighter. Very skillful. But defensively he isn't all that. Plus his chin is not at Froch's level or close to it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

I wouldnt be too quick to write Bute off either. Although in terms of psychology that is the kind of the beating that can really destroy confidence, not to mention take it out of you physically.

You would imagine a confidence builder or two would be in order in front of his own fans, and then maybe target one of the vacant Ward titles (if he beats Dawson) possibly or look at Stieglitz who is a fairly flaky champion. The minute positive Bute might get from this is actually weaker champions might be more willing to face him - i.e Stieglitz, when previously their management may not have wanted to.

Theres fights out there for him if he wants and if he continues Im sure it will be to try and regain a world title. Light heavyweight is also an option given his size.

I thought Bute was pretty poor and had a bad day of the office. Maybe he saw the Froch/Ward fight and thought it looked easy to beat Froch. The mere fact he was willing to head to Nottingham in itself suggests he was pretty confident but I think Ward is just one of those excellent technicians who can make good fighters look ordinary and Bute made an error of judgement. He was basically overwhelmed in every sense.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm going to end up arguing a point I don't really believe in here but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since that Anderson fight for Groves. He's too green for the likes of Bute right now but give it a few more fights and I don't see why he shouldn't be thinking about it.

Bute is no longer the p4p top ten type fighter that some may have had him before, the myth has been exposed. George is on the up, Lucian on the down. I really do think Groves can go on to excellent things.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun May 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Groves is still there to be hit and I guarantee if Bute hit him, he would go down for the count. Groves needs more experience there is no rush with him.

Bute isn't some overrated nobody just because he lost one fight, he is extremely dangerous.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun May 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Yeah you have got took look back at Butes performances and wins prior to Froch and see that the Froch fight is not really a fair reflection overall of his ability. He has been pretty much top of the B league in the division and Groves hasnt done anything yet to say he belongs anywhere else. Froch is such tough fighter that he made walking Bute down look deceptively easy in my view. Bute still carries good power at the weight which I think was lost on Froch and even after the fight Froch did say Bute could definately hit hard.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Yeah Bute would eat him alive, wouldn't he. Groves and Degale are not ready for these fish

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 pm

To be honest this was Bute's first foray in to elite level competition and to be honest he was completely battered. I feel he will go in the same way as Jeff Lacey and go on to lose all meaningful fights that he will have until he retires. As everyone has already stated a loss is not the end of the world, but he took a severe hammering for 2 and a bit rounds before being stopped and those sort a beatings are harder to come back from than a single punch KO.

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sun May 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Bute might feel he needs to move up to Lightheavy weighed 12st 8 at the second weigh in,I personally think he'll move up.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun May 27, 2012 9:17 pm

I do have some sympathy towards Bute. Seems like a pretty classy guy and you have to give him credit for travelling to Nottingham to defend his title.

However, I do feel his days as a top level operator could be finished and if he chooses to continue, he's at risk of being reduced to gatekeeper status.

He's in his 30's so isn't exactly got time on his side to improve. The manner of the loss would also be a serious confidence destroyer and I'm not sure if he can recover mentally.

His durability is very suspect. Froch hurt him everytime he landed and he looked like being stopped on every occasion Froch launched an attack. He just couldn't deal with Froch's physical strength. I found this really surprising considering he had previously dealt with robust and powerful men like Bika and Johnson easily enough.

I imagine Bute's team underestimated Froch's speed after the Ward fight and thought he'd be ripe for the taking. When it became clear that Froch was quicker than anticipated, Bute realised he was in trouble. Even more so when his shots seemed to have little affect.

He was too easy to hit and his jab lacked any authority. It had no snap and just appeared to be an amateur style poke compared to Froch's.

Too many flaws I'm afraid. Not sure where he could go from here but retirement shouldn't be ruled out.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 27, 2012 9:40 pm

KingMonkey wrote:I'm going to end up arguing a point I don't really believe in here but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since that Anderson fight for Groves. He's too green for the likes of Bute right now but give it a few more fights and I don't see why he shouldn't be thinking about it.

Bute is no longer the p4p top ten type fighter that some may have had him before, the myth has been exposed. George is on the up, Lucian on the down. I really do think Groves can go on to excellent things.

He will go on to excellent things. But as things are, Bute would murder him. Forget the Anderson, the Smith fight exposed many of his flaws. Mainly his square stance and wide open defense. Against Bute its an accident waiting to happen. Unless he waits for Bute to grow old.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 27, 2012 9:41 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Groves is still there to be hit and I guarantee if Bute hit him, he would go down for the count. Groves needs more experience there is no rush with him.

Bute isn't some overrated nobody just because he lost one fight, he is extremely dangerous.

clap clap clap

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Savage beating he took last night, kind of felt bad for him in hindsight as he is a nice guy and slock boxer.

Can he come back? If so, how? Also, the chin. He took so many hard shots and didn't go down, although he was clearly out on his feet at the end. IS he chinny or is his defence just very poor?

Where now for Bute?

Oh and can I say, Jim Watt was actually ok last night, weird.

Froch haters will say Bute was just not the real deal, but I think while he may have been over rated due to not facing the same amout of world class fighters as Froch as, still, the ones he has faced he has dealt with them in very good fashion. So for me Froch Boxed great while at the same time using his experience to the max.

I think Bute has not got a week chin but I just think he was not used to facing someone who could take his shots and come back with such strong punches and he had never been there before and it threw him..

For me, There is having a glass chin, where your legs go and your out of there, and then there is not being able to take a punch which is where you get hit and lose the plot and focus.. Bute to me is a little bit of the latter... (How I think Groves is as well)

I think Bute will want a rematch with Froch, but not in his next fight as they are going to need to work on him a bit and putting him in the ring with Froch right away might do more damage than good, but once he gets a couple more fights under his belt I think he will want another shot.

I think Froch may well beat him again though as if your going to beat Froch you either need to be slick enough to not let him hit you which is Very hard, or you need to take his shots and hit him back, and I dont think Bute can do either..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 am

" Froch mauled him like a rabid drunken inbred gibbon"

LMFAO at that picture!

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon May 28, 2012 2:20 am

I think if Bute is more careful about who he fights he can still be a top level operator. He'll do better against the boxers like Ward and Dirrell than Froch did because of his style but as Froch showed he wasn't ready for a top level brawler/boxer like Froch. It would take some real guts for him to take that rematch clause given the manor of the defeat and part of me hopes he does as I think we saw Bute at his very worst and Froch at his very best and a rematch could be very competitive.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 28, 2012 9:37 am

I don't think Bute's chin is the problem. I think it is the way he reacts to getting hit. He can be hurt but he shows he's hurt and backs away. He doesn't throw much when he's hurt either.

He needs to work on this. He needs to learn to hold and he really needs to tighten up his defence. This is why fighters need to be tested on the way up. With the exception of Andrade who he made hard work of first time round he's had it all to easy. Same thing happened to Jeff Lacy with Calzaghe and he was never the same again. I wouldn't be surprised if Bute ends up like Lacy and never looking the same fighter again it was a hell of a beating he took.

Froch hit him with plenty of big shots before he went. If he was that chinny he wouldn't have made it to the 5th round.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Mon May 28, 2012 12:16 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:He is chinny, no covering it up. Yes he managed to take a lot of shots before actually going down, but it was te fact that he was wobbled with every shot froch landed with. Even the ones that were partially blocked took him off his feet.

Andrade knoked him out, he had a 20 second count and when he walked back to his corner he was still out of it. Froch said that he got knocked out properly (on his back) in the amateurs.

He is 32 so doesn't have enough time to redevelope himself. He'll go back to Canada fighting safe fighters and making a lot of money

Andrade did knock him down, but he did it too late, a few seconds left at the most. Bute was on his feet after 9 seconds, so regardless of the barmy count he still won the fight.

A lot of incorrect rubbish has been posted about that.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon May 28, 2012 12:39 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:He is chinny, no covering it up. Yes he managed to take a lot of shots before actually going down, but it was te fact that he was wobbled with every shot froch landed with. Even the ones that were partially blocked took him off his feet.

Andrade did knock him down, but he did it too late, a few seconds left at the most. Bute was on his feet after 9 seconds, so regardless of the barmy count he still won the fight.

Not really, the refs actions gave Bute an extra half minute almost to recover aswell as eating up vital seconds from the clock. He basically denied Andrade the chance to finish the job. Bute beat the count, no doubt about that, but the ref only started the count very late after Bute had got to his feet. Not a certainty Andrade would have finished the job in the time remaining but the refs action definately gave Bute a massive help.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Shocked at how harsh some of the boxing public are being on Bute, on other forums such as BS. People are calling him a bum? With his amateur pedigree how is it possible anyone could call him a bum?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 2:44 pm

and the internet crowd will be big. Couldn't see it here in Canada (unless in Montreal on ppv, I think)/ Lots of people saw this. Got to get Kessler now. Only fights that make sense to me next is Kessler at home or Stieglitz, if he can get by AA for a unification

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Oh, and The Ring still have Bute at 2 in division. Ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 2:55 pm

So Bute is a bum because Froch beat him. Talk about taking away the gloss fron Froch. I take it those callig Bute a bute are Froch fans. Was Froch a bum for the way he was totally schooled by Ward?

Some seriously harsh guys here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 2:59 pm

azania wrote:So Bute is a bum because Froch beat him. Talk about taking away the gloss fron Froch. I take it those callig Bute a bute are Froch fans. Was Froch a bum for the way he was totally schooled by Ward?

Just nonsense. Mostly American fans on BS use words and phrases like P4P and hype job like they are going out of fashion

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 pm

alma wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:and the internet crowd will be big. Couldn't see it here in Canada (unless in Montreal on ppv, I think)/ Lots of people saw this. Got to get Kessler now. Only fights that make sense to me next is Kessler at home or Stieglitz, if he can get by AA for a unification

Would like to see Stieglitz for a unification, plus it would be a much easier fight and I think Froch deserves an easy one. Then again, Stieglitz v Abraham isn't until 25th Aug so it might mean a long lay off for Froch.

If Froch beats Stieglitz, could then have Froch v Ward/Dawson for all 4 belts

Good point with that, if it is in August then Froch will want his next fight scheduled before then. Plus, if AA wins, what's the point in a Froch AA rematch?

Then it has to be Kessler for me. Win that in September at City Ground and take on Stieglitz in Uniication in spring. Then I really don't care what he doesn. His legacy is set in stone if he wins those two. Just for sheer competativeness and consecutive fights.

8 fights out of 31 against the best in division. Thats over 33% of his fights. As a percentage that is huge. others might only have 5 meanignful fights ina 50 fight career.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
azania wrote:So Bute is a bum because Froch beat him. Talk about taking away the gloss fron Froch. I take it those callig Bute a bute are Froch fans. Was Froch a bum for the way he was totally schooled by Ward?

Just nonsense. Mostly American fans on BS use words and phrases like P4P and hype job like they are going out of fashion

Whats BS?

My point is, Bute is and was not a bum. He simply lost to a better fighter. Now people should understand why the 0 is all important. One loss and all of a sudden the guy's a bum.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon May 28, 2012 3:08 pm

azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Whats BS?

My point is, Bute is and was not a bum. He simply lost to a better fighter. Now people should understand why the 0 is all important. One loss and all of a sudden the guy's a bum.

I know that is your point mate, I am agreeing with you.

BS = Boxingscene

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Mon May 28, 2012 3:14 pm

No ward was a Bum for not swinging at arms length.

before the fight we didnt know if Bute was 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 at SMW and its clear now he is around 4,5 or 6 mark. the unknowns are not anymore and i think as mentioned above he may deal with the Dirrells better. firmly behind AW,CF and MK.

AW is to smart for him in the ring, MK would do a job on him. Carl was on fire on sat and beats any SMW not named AW on that form.

standing behind them is not the bum of the month club that hotheaded forum yanks would like you to think.
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon May 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Must be very difficult for a power puncher to deal with Froch once they realise that he can walk through their best punches without even blinking, he can be outboxed but he can't be outpunched. I haven't had such confidence in a british boxers chin since Chris Eubank. Pascal, Abraham, Johnson, Kessler and Bute can all bang and all landed cleanly on his chin at some point without any effect, fair enough he got floored by Taylor but that was more down to perfect timing than sheer power.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
ian_jamsie wrote:

Not really, the refs actions gave Bute an extra half minute almost to recover aswell as eating up vital seconds from the clock. He basically denied Andrade the chance to finish the job. Bute beat the count, no doubt about that, but the ref only started the count very late after Bute had got to his feet. Not a certainty Andrade would have finished the job in the time remaining but the refs action definately gave Bute a massive help.

Go and you tube and watch the clock. What you have just said is wrong. There were less than 10 seconds left when he hit the deck. It took him 9 seconds to get to his feet.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
ian_jamsie wrote:

Go and you tube and watch the clock. What you have just said is wrong. There were less than 10 seconds left when he hit the deck. It took him 9 seconds to get to his feet.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next