The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard Fussell worst Ospreys player?

+9
welshy6
Knowsit17
Breadvan
Taffineastbourne
Smirnoffpriest
Seagultaf
Shifty
MarcusHalberstram
3rdGrandslamCame
13 posters

Go down

Richard Fussell worst Ospreys player? Empty Richard Fussell worst Ospreys player?

Post by 3rdGrandslamCame Sun May 27, 2012 12:21 pm

He needs to go. Why was he signed in the first place? Huge liability.

3rdGrandslamCame

Back to top Go down

Richard Fussell worst Ospreys player? Empty Re: Richard Fussell worst Ospreys player?

Post by MarcusHalberstram Sun May 27, 2012 1:42 pm

He may not have been great today, but I think he's pretty decent to be honest - I think he was an absolute bargain or the Ospreys and has been fairly consistent for them. Not really sure what you're on about.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Richard Fussell worst Ospreys player? Empty Re: Richard Fussell worst Ospreys player?

Post by Shifty Sun May 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Every time I go to the Liberty most of us pray he isnt in the side, he reminds so much of Calamity James, (David James), the old Liverpool goal keeper, who seemed to mess everything up.

To be fair he is a good runner with ball in hand and a bit of space and he has done his best to convert from wing to full back, even though he didnt want to, he has tried for the team. But he is terrible in defense, panics, takes bad options and is a massive liability.

We NEED a decent full back badly, after 2 years Fussell hasnt proved himself to be a quality player, most Ospreys fans would prefer it if he was moved on.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun May 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Dirkson was to blame for two of Leinsters trys and Webb (stupid quick throw in) for the third. Not sure why Fussell is getting the blame?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun May 27, 2012 3:10 pm

I thought that Seagulf - though I also do wonder why the Ospreys never played Barry D more - even when Byrne was there showing some terrible form

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun May 27, 2012 4:09 pm

It seems trendy to knock Fussell.Gawd knows why as he is a tidy if limited Regional player.That overseas scrummie that the O's have got is truly dire!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun May 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Alyn, the guys done a decent job for us since he came. Fuss isn't in the jonny Vaughton class! He's a winger at full back. The OSC player of the year last season. Armchair fans(3rd) spouting tomkite...again!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Everyone has got their opinion of him, I'd prefer it if he was a squad player and only used on the wing. He isnt a good full back.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun May 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Jaysus some players aren't half singled out at the Liberty are they? Even just after stopping the Euro champs brimming with confidence away and winning the league in the most breathe-taking manner possible...

Both Fussell and Fotuali'i had very good games against Munster. The point is some posters don't seem to be able to settle for anything less than perfect, some of you single out a player the minute he makes a mistake or two and then verbally spit on him seemingly so long as he lives.

I for one am just happy O's won and for that reason am not going to point fingers at anyone. I may criticise some players objectively come next season, far from coming up with 10 reasons why they should be crucified.

Btw, Fotuali'i was asking the ref whether time was up when it was. Poite responded in the negative and almost cost O's the win as a result. It was Poite's error, not Fotuali'i's. But at the time all I could see was people laying into the Samoan when it wasn't his fecking fault furious

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sun May 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Attacking wise from what I have seen he isint bad, tbh none of the o's back 3 next season are the most consistent in defence. Assuming it's Dirksen, fusel and walker.
Shame the o's let prydie go as I thing he could potentially be a good fullback. Also that youngish lad who has played fb for the o's this season looks a decent prospect

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun May 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Jaysus some players aren't half singled out at the Liberty are they? Even just after stopping the Euro champs brimming with confidence away and winning the league in the most breathe-taking manner possible...

Both Fussell and Fotuali'i had very good games against Munster. The point is some posters don't seem to be able to settle for anything less than perfect, some of you single out a player the minute he makes a mistake or two and then verbally spit on him seemingly so long as he lives.

I for one am just happy O's won and for that reason am not going to point fingers at anyone. I may criticise some players objectively come next season, far from coming up with 10 reasons why they should be crucified.

Btw, Fotuali'i was asking the ref whether time was up when it was. Poite responded in the negative and almost cost O's the win as a result. It was Poite's error, not Fotuali'i's. But at the time all I could see was people laying into the Samoan when it wasn't his fecking fault furious
Fotuali'i,if that is his name,has been poor all season.Anybody who thinks a player should be judged on one game knows nowt!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 am

Knowsit17 wrote:Jaysus some players aren't half singled out at the Liberty are they? Even just after stopping the Euro champs brimming with confidence away and winning the league in the most breathe-taking manner possible...

The game is over when time is up on the refs watch, not the TV clock! Fotuali'i asked the question and Poite said no.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon May 28, 2012 3:43 am

I couldn't believe my eyes. Fotuali'i's only task in that situation was to look after the ball, which was at his feet. Any of the other Ospreys players could have asked Poite whether time was up. He was extremely fourtunate that Leinster didn't take advantage of the possession he gifted them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon May 28, 2012 3:52 am

welshy6 wrote:Attacking wise from what I have seen he isint bad, tbh none of the o's back 3 next season are the most consistent in defence. Assuming it's Dirksen, fusel and walker.
Shame the o's let prydie go as I thing he could potentially be a good fullback. Also that youngish lad who has played fb for the o's this season looks a decent prospect

Isnt his name Ross Jones ? He plays for Bridgend, he looks like he could become very good.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon May 28, 2012 4:11 am

I was wondering why kahn didnt just pass the ball to the 1st reciever (ryan jones?) to either take into contact for another faze or boot out. Poorish sh but in no way incompetent and has had good games this season

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon May 28, 2012 5:56 am

Dirksen was the player caught out defensively most in yesterdays game, which is no surprise given his age and inexperience against the European champions, itll be a learning curve.

I actually thought Fussell has been ok this season, alright hes going to makme a blunder every game or so, but thats why you have young Ross Jones who's looking like he could potentially be a great counter attacker with solid defence from FB.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 am

Dirkson was awfull yesterday, Fussell was his average self.

Fussell is a decent squadman, but has too many glaring weaknesses to play at FB, decent enough wing though. He's a poor mans Fion Carr.

Ospreys back 3 in general is worrying though, they need some quality there if they are to mount any sort of European challenge!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon May 28, 2012 6:46 am

I dunno Bluesman, thats the first game in the second half of this season Ive really seen Dirksen stand out for the wrong reasons. Defensively naive, but hes very young, and this is a massive learning curve for him.

Fussell is a squad player to cover the back 3, I'd agree there.

Ospreys back 3 looking very light with Bowe leaving and Williams retiring.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon May 28, 2012 6:49 am

Comfort wrote:I dunno Bluesman, thats the first game in the second half of this season Ive really seen Dirksen stand out for the wrong reasons. Defensively naive, but hes very young, and this is a massive learning curve for him.

Fussell is a squad player to cover the back 3, I'd agree there.

Ospreys back 3 looking very light with Bowe leaving and Williams retiring.

They could do with a really good FB to support the young wingers and guide the youngsters (like Ross Jones) coming through

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down