The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Top TNA stars walk out on the company

+11
paulscholes
dyrewolfe
boomdangle
Beer
Crimey
TwisT
Gregers
Hero
The Awesome Giz
Aaronb33
Fernando
15 posters

Go down

2 Top TNA stars walk out on the company  Empty 2 Top TNA stars walk out on the company

Post by Fernando Tue 22 May 2012, 12:08 am

Ric Flair has quit Impact Wrestling, and he basically just stopped showing up to events. The assumption at this point is that he's going to sign a WWE Legends deal and help fill time on the new TV network. Flair has energy drink and lottery endorsements to fall back on, too.

Alex Shelley quit TNA as well. Apparently WWE will fill extra TV time with, among other things, a Cruiserweight division and/or tag teams, and are looking for smaller wrestlers by way of stocking either, or both. While it has not been confirmed, Shelley will likely go to WWE. There has also been talk of WWE running a Cruiserweight show on the new Network, which could also be a possibility for Shelley.

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/255065-exclusive-big-update-on-flairtna-another-tna-star-also-done

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

2 Top TNA stars walk out on the company  Empty Re: 2 Top TNA stars walk out on the company

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 22 May 2012, 12:27 am

Shame about Shelley if it's true, I always rated him hugely. He wasn't being used though, can't blame the guy.

As for Flair, he didn't really add anything to TNA, but it was still kinda cool seeing him. I'm guessing he was ridiculously overpaid though, so no great loss.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

2 Top TNA stars walk out on the company  Empty Re: 2 Top TNA stars walk out on the company

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 22 May 2012, 12:32 am

Shame Sabin hasn't gone iwth Shelley, they would be a great asset to the wwe tag team division if this all happens.

Does anyone actually care about Flair anway?

Shame Hogans not quit TNA can live in hope though.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 May 2012, 7:46 am

Alex Shelley for me is the most natural successor to HBK out there, boyish looks, excellent moveset, cocky ego, if used properly he could become a real cash cow for WWE.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 22 May 2012, 7:53 am

Shelley vs Punk, Shelley vs Bryan, Shelley vs Ziggler

Make it so WWE!

Any news on if Sabin will follow him?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 22 May 2012, 8:51 am

This is the WWE people! He will be sent off to FCW (or whatever their feeder fed is now) and be taught how to wrestle the "wwe way"

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 22 May 2012, 8:53 am

WWE is obviously becoming a much more attractive place for indie stars such as Shelley to go to with the pushes of Punk and Bryan, with people like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins also possibly getting pushes.

I don't think Flair is a big loss to be honest, although could it be economically driven? i.e. TNA doesn't have the money to pay him? Worrying news for them if it is.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 22 May 2012, 8:53 am

There is no FCW any more is there? I thought it was closed and replaced with a televised nXt?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 22 May 2012, 8:55 am

It's a different Flair story than the one I just read which basically says TNA are sick of paying his bar tabs and him embarrassing the company.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 22 May 2012, 8:59 am

I think I read the same report as you Beer and my favourite part from it was:

Spike TV sources also note that there have also been a number of requests from the network end to keep Flair dressed and not have him near nude/in his wrestling gear and bleeding on TV at his age.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 May 2012, 9:02 am

King Beer wrote:It's a different Flair story than the one I just read which basically says TNA are sick of paying his bar tabs and him embarrassing the company.

Because they already have Hogan doing that.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 22 May 2012, 9:32 am

Crimey wrote:I think I read the same report as you Beer and my favourite part from it was:

Spike TV sources also note that there have also been a number of requests from the network end to keep Flair dressed and not have him near nude/in his wrestling gear and bleeding on TV at his age.

Yes, i loved that part! Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 May 2012, 9:35 am

I think they should make a sitcom involving Flair and somehow have him end up in that situation every week ala Kenny dying in South Park.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 22 May 2012, 9:40 am

OH MY GOD...............RIC FLAIR'S BLADING!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Tue 22 May 2012, 10:32 am

Shelley was always my fav over sabin, and when sabin was out injured he proved that he could hack it as a singles wrestler.
Like suggested get him over to wwe and have him play the cocky HBK role, and if they wanted to team him up could always see him workign well with the MIZ but would prefer him to have a decent singles run.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 May 2012, 10:40 am

I recall when Foley came to TNA and MCMG were involved in the Frontline v MEM feud, Foley and Shelley had some great verbal set to's in the ring.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 22 May 2012, 1:57 pm

Sad and surprised to hear Shelley has quit.

TNA made quite a deal about the return of MCMG and I was looking forward to seeing him and Sabin in a revamped X Division and/or Tag Team matches.

Probably best for both parties right now as TNA still don't have an X Division or Tag Team series worth talking about.

Ric Flair? Couldn't care less really. The few appearances of his I saw he was fairly amusing but he certainly won't be a loss.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Thu 24 May 2012, 12:40 pm

looks like TNA are getting John Morrison a very good appointment imo

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 24 May 2012, 2:09 pm

TwisT wrote:This is the WWE people! He will be sent off to FCW (or whatever their feeder fed is now) and be taught how to wrestle the "wwe way"

Don't think thats nessecarily a bad thing, the WWE style has a lot of positives, particulary when it comes to surviving the scheduale that WWE demands, it could benefit Shelly as well, who as fantastic a wrestler as he is, could do with slowing down a bit instead of executing an endless sucession of moves, which it feels like sometimes, my main problem with the WWE style isn't so much it as a concept it's when a person is educated in only that style it does tend to produce an endless supply line of clones, contrast to the likes of Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro et al who have taken their experiances and built on the template of the WWE style to create their own unqiue ring syles, hopefully Shelly would be able to do this as well

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 24 May 2012, 3:47 pm

King Beer wrote:OH MY GOD...............RIC FLAIR'S BLADING!

Well, I suppose it beats "OH MY GOD..........RIC FLAIR'S NAKED!"

Shocked
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 24 May 2012, 4:53 pm

Flairs basically been sidelined as he wasnt paying bar bills and destroying goodwill TNA had built up around the Orlando area

Shelley to me is in the same mould as Jericho always thought that

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 25 May 2012, 10:28 am

Can we start guessing what Alex Shelley's new WWE name will be?

I reckon it'll be Shelton Benjamin.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 25 May 2012, 10:30 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

Shelley Alexis and he'll be the next Divas champion oh wait thats only TNA do that kind of thing

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 25 May 2012, 11:26 am

marty2086 wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

Shelley Alexis and he'll be the next Divas champion oh wait thats only TNA do that kind of thing

One word...Santina.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 25 May 2012, 11:40 am

Aaronb33 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

One word...Santina.

Doh

forgot about that but they didnt make him champion

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 25 May 2012, 1:22 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Aaronb33 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

One word...Santina.

Doh

forgot about that but they didnt make him champion

yes they did!

And from memory, Bob Backlund also held the Divas title at one point.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 25 May 2012, 3:23 pm

Santina won Miss Wrestlemania and Bob Backland only ever won the WWWF/WWF Title

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 28 May 2012, 3:51 pm

Only in pro wrestling... Rolling Eyes
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down