The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A moment in time...

3 posters

Go down

A moment in time... Empty A moment in time...

Post by Wydnej Sun 13 May 2012, 12:52 am

Today after going through the highs and lows all of us Quins fans probably experienced, I turned round after Joe's try was given and saw my old man crying for the first time in my 34 years, with tears of pure joy, we shared a hug of victory amongst thousands of others... it was for want of a less cheesy phrase... a kodak moment.

Thank you Quins for giving me a different ending to the normal heroic defeats, even with the refs sheer ineptness today (he took everything from us, however he could quite have easily taken the try so I will shut up!).

Today was simply the first time a father and son (in my rather limited experience) have experienced a sporting rollercoaster in 80 mins such as this. I thank you to the players, I thank you to the fans who energised and enthused that last rolling maul against the Saints line... I thank you to those capricious rugby gods I mention not to ping us on the centre line at the end of the game...

But most of all I thank the players and the supporters of Quins for a lifetime memorable afternoon, we will treasure this in my family and go to Twickenham in hope... god bless all you feckers... what a day.

Wyddy

(here's to rugby no matter our age being able to bring families together and here's to Sainst for being a blinding team, nothing but love for you and your fans today)

Wydnej

Back to top Go down

A moment in time... Empty Re: A moment in time...

Post by Biltong Sun 13 May 2012, 1:54 pm

Cheers mate, these moments are special, sadly something I was never fortunate to share with mine. thumbsup

Enjoy as many now while you can.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 13 May 2012, 3:38 pm

thumbsup

Enjoy it mate. Those moments are special. Next weekend I'm going to my second ever Heineken Cup final with my old man, 13 years after we saw Ulster win the Cup in 1999. Hoping for something similar!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down