The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Interview with Mr Anderson

4 posters

Go down

v2 Interview with Mr Anderson Empty v2 Interview with Mr Anderson

Post by Adam D Thu 10 May 2012, 8:27 pm

By crippledtart

On the 9th of May I had a chance to speak with TNA's Mr Anderson as part of a conference call ahead of his match with Jeff Hardy at this weekend's Sacrifice pay-per-view (which will be shown free of charge on UK Challenge next Wednesday at 10pm).

I found Ken to be engaging and much more polite and humble than his on-screen persona would suggest! The whole discussion was very interesting as he covered a range of topics from his time in WWE and TNA. It's easy to forget sometimes just what a rollercoaster journey his career has been, from potential breakout star in WWE to two-time TNA world heavyweight champion to an often underutilised part of the TNA roster, and I was able to ask him two questions myself. I feel that his answers were very revealing.

For my first question, I wanted to hear from the man himself exactly what is his character's constitution. It has been difficult at times during his TNA run to keep track of whether Ken is a heel or a face, and I asked him to elaborate on the goals and motivations that define Mr Anderson. Ken joked that "I get to do and say all the things that people normally want to do and say, but would get in trouble for", and suggested that "most good actors...are really just good at playing themselves".

It was one of numerous examples during the conference where he addressed things on a superficial level without ever going into any depth, and I was left with the impression that Ken personnifies the things that are holding TNA back; he can "talk the talk" as well as anybody, but could perhaps benefit from breaking down the specifics and truly understanding what historically has worked and not worked in wrestling, and why. It is my belief that a little more in-depth self-evaluation could make Ken a permanent fixture at the very top of the industry, given his obvious natural talent.

For my second question, I noted the fact that he has worked with a number of respected figures in the industry, and asked who was his greatest influence and what is the best advice he has ever received from a veteran. Ken answered "Undertaker's had the biggest influence on my career, and it was he that chose to work with me". I really enjoyed his answer and was particularly interested that he addressed one of the major criticisms levelled at him within the industry: that he is considered to be somewhat awkward to work with in the ring. It's certainly noteworthy that Undertaker himself advised Ken to ignore that very criticism! In Ken's words "I ended up getting in the ring with some people who did think that I was being difficult to work with...and Taker said "No matter what those assholes say, just keep being yourself and keep doing what you're doing"".

Ken has a reputation within the business for being frank with his opinions, and he was open about his feelings on the way he has been booked in TNA and the creative changes that have recently taken place in the company. It is clear that he sees positive things ahead for TNA, and he seems to be looking forward to Sunday's event.

Overall the questions asked of Ken were of a high quality, and his responses went a long way to explaining his own wrestling philosophy and why he is - in my opinion - something of an underachiever in the wrestling industry, despite having had a career most of his colleagues would envy. I found him really likeable, and I genuinely hope that he establishes himself once again as a major star for TNA, and I would love the chance to speak with him in more depth one day.

I would recommend listening to the whole thing, but if you are pushed for time you will find my questions at 17:22 and 32:06.

To listen to the interview, visit the v2 journal here - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-ken-anderson.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

v2 Interview with Mr Anderson Empty Re: v2 Interview with Mr Anderson

Post by Adam D Thu 10 May 2012, 8:29 pm

Having just listened to the whole thing, it was interesting to hear him talk of Orton (although not named) and saying that the most dangerous thing to happen to him was at the hands of Randy.

Well done Crips - brilliant stuff OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 9:24 pm

Just listened especially to Crips two questions and have to fully agree that Anderson comes across really really well from it, great insight into the business and he's very frank and open about the business.

clap

Think it's actually my fave interview I've heard in fact.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 10 May 2012, 9:48 pm

Very good interview, and well done to all involved. clap

I have always liked Anderson as a performer. I feel that sometimes he can look quite lazy during matches and maybe phone too many performances in. I would say though that if it wasn't for the Orton incident, he would be a major player in the WWE right now.

I could have easily have saw him facing Punk at WM instead of Jericho and I feel he could have worked alongside Johnny Ace in the current angles.

Anderson can rub people up the wrong way, as his history shows. However, I would always have more time for an edgy character such as him, than the one dimensional eventers that we have been force-fed over the last few years.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 11 May 2012, 8:19 am

I really want to see im back in the WWE.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down