The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v chisora predictions

+10
The Galveston Giant
KingMonkey
monty junior
manos de piedra
Super D Boon
Josef K.
azania
TRUSSMAN66
as1079
Seanusarrilius
14 posters

Go down

Haye v Chisora Prediction

Haye v chisora predictions Vote_lcap45%Haye v chisora predictions Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 14 ]
Haye v chisora predictions Vote_lcap26%Haye v chisora predictions Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 8 ]
Haye v chisora predictions Vote_lcap3%Haye v chisora predictions Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Haye v chisora predictions Vote_lcap10%Haye v chisora predictions Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Haye v chisora predictions Vote_lcap16%Haye v chisora predictions Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 31

Haye v chisora predictions Empty Haye v chisora predictions

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 09 May 2012, 3:15 am

Just 9 weeks boys and gals. I am not hyped as much as I am looking forward to the publicity this will bring the sport in the next two months... I am also hyped. It's a British grudge match and I don't care about the Audley fiasco, Chisora comes with slaps, spits, death threats, more slaps and kisses. And Haye, well he always talks pap.

So, predictions?

For me. Haye KO. Although anything could happen here.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Haye v chisora predictions Empty Re: Haye v chisora predictions

Post by as1079 Wed 09 May 2012, 11:21 am

Gone for Haye on points. Chisora is nothing if not durable and Haye hasn't really demonstrated crushing power at HW so I can't see Chisora finishing the fight on the floor. At the same time, I don't think Chisora has the power to dent Haye's chin either. I'd expect something in the range of 116-112/117-111 Haye.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 11:23 am

My prediction it won't happen.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 11:30 am

My prediction? Paaaaiiiiinnn!!!!

Chisora comes to fight. Haye has very good boxing skills when he chooses to use them. Chisora is sturdy but slowish. Haye is faster but more vulnerable. A classic match-up. Chisora will force the pace and make Haye fight in the trenches where he is very uncomfortable.

Chisora has excellent stamina wheras Haye has questionable stamina. Tough fight. Will skill win out or brute strength? I'm on the fence but leaning towards Haye via late KO or close points win after running away with the first 5 rounds.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Wed 09 May 2012, 12:06 pm

The pressure fighter vs the hard hitting counter-puncher.
I predict Haye shocking Chisora with his power for the first few, wobbling Del a bit too on the way. I'll go for Chisora lasting the 12 and his stamina providing a few round winning combos toward the end, but it won't quite be enough.
Haye PTS

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 09 May 2012, 12:15 pm

Surprised with the high number of Haye KO voters. Vitali hits as hard if not harder and more ofetn yet couldn't get Chis outta there.

Chis was about the only fighter I've seen recently that was able to bully a mammoth in Vitali onto the backfoot so I see Haye backtracking all night long which will suit him anyway as he can potshot Chisora on the way in.

Haye's key to success is potshotting Chis and keeping him at distance. Chisora's key to success is wearing down Haye and not taking too much hard leather in the process to possibly forcing a stoppage late on or enough good work late on in the fight to nick it on the cards.

Actaully, the styles of both men match up very nicely. I think it will be a classic even though, morally this fight should not happen.

I've gone for Chis on points, not because I think he'll win but mainly because I want him to win.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 12:51 pm

Vitali didnt really catch Chisora with many big shots in my view. I wouldnt agree that chisora bullied him either. Vitali often fights on the back foot against come forward fighters. Not sure how much impact the shoulder injury had on him but his jab wasnt as effective as usual which is normally what he uses to bust his opponent up over the long haul and set up his bigger right hands.

Ive never seen Chisora hurt at heavyweight, and not convinced totally of HAyes power at the weight but I think if he catches Chisora with the same clean and accurate kind of shots he caugght ruiz with it will definately hurt Chisora and could possibly force a stoppage if he can land them often enough.

Haye on points, though would be my guess.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 09 May 2012, 1:25 pm

Helenius is the only fighter i've seen hurt Chisora, in the first round of they're fight. I think Haye could conceivably KO him but for me i think Chisora wins a tight decision on points.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 09 May 2012, 1:34 pm

Haye's speed and accuracy have got to be too much for Chis, surely. Lasting 12 against a slow fighter like Vitali is one thing but chasing Haye about for the same length of time is a different game. NOt to say that is definitely what will happen, Haye could stand his ground a la Mayweather and stun Chis on the way in. It's a good fight but we need to see the Ruiz version of Haye, not the Valuev version.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 09 May 2012, 3:08 pm

I've gone for Chisora on points, Haye could stop him though, in saying that he got a fair crack at the chin of Chisora in Munich bare fisted and didn't put a dent in him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 09 May 2012, 5:14 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Vitali didnt really catch Chisora with many big shots in my view. I wouldnt agree that chisora bullied him either. Vitali often fights on the back foot against come forward fighters. Not sure how much impact the shoulder injury had on him but his jab wasnt as effective as usual which is normally what he uses to bust his opponent up over the long haul and set up his bigger right hands.

Ive never seen Chisora hurt at heavyweight, and not convinced totally of HAyes power at the weight but I think if he catches Chisora with the same clean and accurate kind of shots he caugght ruiz with it will definately hurt Chisora and could possibly force a stoppage if he can land them often enough.

Haye on points, though would be my guess.

"Bullied" depends on how you look at it but Vitali has always been an agressive counter puncher and he was definitely pushed more on the backfoot than he was comfortable with. Chisora's gonna do this to Haye no doubt but Haye is a bit more nimble on his feet and will throw bombs to keep him off. The thing for me is whether Chis gets on the inside, if he does this Haye will be very uncomfortable. I expect Haye to try to dance around him all night.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Wed 09 May 2012, 6:29 pm

In my opinion, Chisora made VK more uncomfortable than at any time since his comback IMO. Frankly, I was very disappointed with Klitschko's performance, particularly given what happened in the weigh in and spitting in his little bros face, personally I would have looked to destroy Chisora, rather than coast to a points win.

I don't think Chisora was ever caugh clean with too many punches in that fight, not power shots anyway. Although I don't think Haye has massive power at HW, I think Chisora will be surprised by it, particularly if Haye lands a combination or two. I wouldn't be surprised if Chisora gets decked in the first few rounds, but get up. Having said that, if Chisora in shape, he has superior staminia to Haye, so it will be interesting if it goes past 6-7 rounds as to whether Haye can keep him off. Also, I've never seen anyone go to the body of Haye, be interesting to see what happens if Chisora does get inside.

I would guess that Haye will win, possibly by late TKO or on points. I don't think he has the power to KO Chisora early.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 09 May 2012, 7:20 pm

im another of the haye KO bunch.

yes Chis hasnt been in massive trouble by 3 big hitters recently but it's about who catches him flush and i think eventually haye will wear him down and put him down or force the ref to step in.

the only way haye will send a message to vitali is by a KO or to do a much better job than he did.

im a haye fan but i wouldnt be bothered if chisora wins it, he's a guily pleasure of him recently.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 09 May 2012, 7:57 pm

I want to know whether Haye has he stamina at heavyweight to land more throw more than 30 punches. Chisora will go straight for him and lose the firs tfew rounds. But he will make Haye work, he won't let him throw 30 punches. If
Haye grabs, chisora is the bigger man and will be able to work on the inside. Chisora will also look to hit the body. If Haye has the stamina to do the above he should coast to a points victory but I'm not sure he has, he hasn't shown us otherwise.

Chisora by SD

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 8:04 pm

Hayes stamina will depend on the effectiveness of Chisoras pressure. Haye was fine over 12 rounds against Valuev and Wlad. If he can elude Chisora in a similar manner then he should win, even with a low output.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 May 2012, 9:17 pm

Joseph sums it up perfectly for me, see Haye giving Chisora some big wobbles early on, probably dropping him, but I see Del coming back in the later rounds, probably winning 3 out of the last 4 and hearing the final bell. Haye does to much early on though and takes a clear win on points.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down