The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold for the Blue, Black and Whites

+7
Equo Troiano
HERSH
Biltong
bathmad
LondonTiger
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
PJHolybloke
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gold for the Blue, Black and Whites - Page 2 Empty Gold for the Blue, Black and Whites

Post by PJHolybloke Tue May 08, 2012 8:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Gary Gold has apparently confirmed his appointment as Bath Rugby's new Director of Rugby, it is also rumoured that Toby Booth has been invited to join him as head coach, Mike Ford's name has also been mentioned as defensive coach and Neil Heatley as forwards coach..... hmmm, is it me or is there something missing there?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17984784

If this turns out to be true, I have to say I have mixed feelings about the appointments, Gold? Meh, give him a go. Booth? Delighted, been a long time fan. Ford? Not my choice. Heatley? Sure, why not?

But where's the attack coach? Is he going to help England out on the summer tour? I would hope so...
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Gold for the Blue, Black and Whites - Page 2 Empty Re: Gold for the Blue, Black and Whites

Post by HERSH Wed May 09, 2012 10:06 am

I have no idea what Tiger has done but as I've already said I didn't type that.

Just seems a bit creepy to me that someone would go through all that trouble to try and win an argument

I may be a lot of things in the eyes of fellow 606ers but I have no reason to tell lies.

To be honest it’s water of a ducks back I’m used to the prejudice shown towards me on this site, but at the end of the day I know what I’m talking about and don’t pretend to know this game inside out unlike others here on 606v2.

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Gold for the Blue, Black and Whites - Page 2 Empty Re: Gold for the Blue, Black and Whites

Post by Biltong Wed May 09, 2012 10:11 am

Guys can we move on from this now. It was an innocuous statement 18 months ago.

Let's get back on topic please. The current opinions are more valid.

My wife told me she hates me the other day, but not anymore (OK it was said in a private joke (we do that sometimes)).

"I'm sicka you"

" No, I'm sicka you"

etc.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed May 09, 2012 10:16 am

'It was an innocuous statement 18 months ago'

It would have been if I had typed it!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 am

Seems like we missed a trick with Shaun Edwards.....however he is only commiting 1 day a week to irish which doesn't seem like much...much better to have a fully committed coach. How do people rate mike ford ??? he seems to come in for a lot of stick but is a very experienced international defense coach.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 am

I personally don't rate Mike Ford very highly. Was pretty poor at Saracens and England.

I think a defense coach like Dave Ellis should have really been the target.

Also Ford's teams seem to give penalties away galore. Ford is closely linked with horrific discipline.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Wed May 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Bath seem to have gone from under-coached to over-coached in one move.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at Gloucester and Sale.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2