The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Hall of Fame

+4
NickisBHAFC
bretmeharty
MIG
Adam D
8 posters

Go down

Wrestling Hall of Fame Empty Wrestling Hall of Fame

Post by Adam D Fri 04 May 2012, 4:36 pm

You might have noticed recently that we are about to have a v2 Hall of Fame to recognise the greats in sport.

Quite a few people were against the idea of having wrestlers in there - but thats a story for another day.

99% of members on here believe that the WWE Hall of Fame is a farce, as its basically a "Hall of Fame that Vince gets on with".

So lets do our own and recognise the people who are truly deserving of a virtual v2 HoF ring.

I suggest we run this every 3 months and induct 3 people each time. If you would like to nominate someone, please do so on this thread. the wrestling moderators will then reduce this list to a shortlist and ask people to debate match ups. So fo example, we might have 12 people on this first shortlist. We then pit them against each other until only 3 remain. It can be a weekly debate until we have our 3.

Hope that makes sense!

And remember, this is a true HoF not limited to just WWE. So get nominating whoever you want and we can take it from there.

Cheers

A

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Hall of Fame Empty Re: Wrestling Hall of Fame

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 4:38 pm

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 04 May 2012, 4:48 pm

What is it, one nomination each?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 04 May 2012, 4:49 pm

AntLord wrote:Mr H

Laugh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 04 May 2012, 5:26 pm

Pauline and the gaffer

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 04 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Angelinaloveissobeautifuliwishshewasmywife.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 04 May 2012, 6:04 pm

Can we please bring this thread back on to a sensible topic please.

If you nominate a wrestler, please put down why they should be included in the HoF.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 04 May 2012, 6:39 pm

Ok heres a name to start off with.

'The Original Black Tiger' Mark 'Rollerball' Rocco

One of the true stars of the world of sport period feuding in his career with such stars as Clive Myers, Marty Jones, The Dynamite Kid and of course in Japan, Tiger Mask and Jushin Thunder Liger.
Rocco was seen as being ahead of his time in the 70's and 80's with his hard hitting style compared to the belly bumping and more techniqual styles that went before. Picking up most if not all middleweight and lightweight titles in the Uk aswell as the WWF Junior Heavyweight title in a career that spanned from 1972 until 1992 when Rocco collapsed in the dressing room following a match against Fit Finlay in Worthing. Rocco, who had been suffering from pain in his back and kidneys since a match against Dave Taylor the previous night, was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors found his heart was working at only 30% and diagnosed him with a heart condition which forced him to retire from professional wrestling.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 04 May 2012, 7:08 pm

Chris Benoit?

No...okay then.

As I ran the greatest WWE World Champions I feel it is my duty to nominate the winner; Stone Cold Steve Austin. Leader of the Attitude era, icon of wrestling and according to 606v2 the greatest WWE World Champion of all time.

I'll hopefully get the Worst up over this bank holiday weekend, very busy recently.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 04 May 2012, 7:18 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Ok heres a name to start off with.

One of the true stars of the world of sport period feuding in his career with such stars as Clive Myers, Marty Jones, The Dynamite Kid and of course in Japan, Tiger Mask and Jushin Thunder Liger.
Rocco was seen as being ahead of his time in the 70's and 80's with his hard hitting style compared to the belly bumping and more techniqual styles that went before. Picking up most if not all middleweight and lightweight titles in the Uk aswell as the WWF Junior Heavyweight title in a career that spanned from 1972 until 1992 when Rocco collapsed in the dressing room following a match against Fit Finlay in Worthing. Rocco, who had been suffering from pain in his back and kidneys since a match against Dave Taylor the previous night, was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors found his heart was working at only 30% and diagnosed him with a heart condition which forced him to retire from professional wrestling.

Bizarrely enough, I was talking to a film production company yesterday about a film they are making:

http://www.walklikeapanther.tv/characters-wrestlers.html

Rocco is in it!

Hopefully I am going to get us some access/ features about the film going forward.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Sat 05 May 2012, 11:00 am

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Ok heres a name to start off with.

Good choice on Rocco, Another Brithish old school wrestler who often gets over looked now is Les Kellet. He got wrestling back then and always put on a good show, He knew how to work the crowd with his clown like persona, but could work a good techincal match to go with it.

I would like to nominate my name sake the Macho Man Randy Savage. With most of the lists I have seen compiled Randy is the One wrestler that seems to appear in most, Be it best talker, Best in ring performer, Best showman, ect ect. He is for me the best all round package that there has been in the wrestling buisnes. And should have been in the WWE's HOF a long time ago.

Another name that gets a lot of stick but I feel deserves some praise is Easy E, Eric Bischoff, Although not everyones cup of tea. Eric brought wrestling Live every week with Nitro and kicked of the monday night wars which in turn brought about one of the most successful periods in Wrestling.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down