The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Art of the Babyface

2 posters

Go down

The Lost Art of the Babyface Empty The Lost Art of the Babyface

Post by ADMIN Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:00 pm

The Miz. Alberto Del Rio. Cody Rhodes. Sheamus. What do these WWE Superstars have in common? They are all young WWE Superstars who are getting huge pushes. And oh, by the way, all four of these men are heels.

The Miz is the current WWE Champion and has been since last November. Del Rio is a future World Heavyweight Champion as well as this year's winner of the Royal Rumble.

Cody Rhodes was a former Legacy henchmen who has gotten a huge push thanks to his "Dashing" gimmick. And The Celtic Warrior has gotten back on track as a two-time WWE Champion and is now the reigning United States Champion.

Now, let's take a look at the other side of the equation—the mid-card babyface. Unlike their villainous counterparts, guys like Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, John Morrison and Daniel Bryan are getting pushes stalled as of late.

Kingston lost the Intercontinental title to the leader of The Corre Wade Barrett, Morrison is involved in a feud with Dolph Ziggler, Bryan lost the US Title to Sheamus while Bourne is jobbing to various heel wrestlers.

And who's to blame for the lost art of the mid-card babyface? That person is none other than the face of the Attitude Era, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

The Texas Rattlesnake's in-your-face attitude won the hearts of hundreds of thousands of WWE fans (myself included) as well as his unpredictably. He also boasted over-the-top mic skills that today's mid-card babyface apparently doesn't have.

By contrast, The Miz has the catchphrase "I'm the Miz and I'm awesome!" Del Rio has "My name is Alberto Del Rio, but you probably already know that."

Rhodes, Sheamus and Barrett also display amazing mic skills. And while Ziggler doesn't have great mic skills, he does have the benefit of having Vickie Guerrero by his side.

As a result, we are living in the "Golden Age of the Heel," thanks to one "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Taken from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/652739-wwe-the-lost-art-of-the-babyface-wrestler

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

The Lost Art of the Babyface Empty Re: The Lost Art of the Babyface

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:26 pm

The mike work of faces is poor, id admit it.
But they have the ability in the ring (Jomo for eg) so I cant understand why they arnt getting the pushes that they should.
Is this the fault of creative?

That could all change on Monday night Raw though.
There is the debut of one person with no mike skills (cos he cant speak English) - Sin Cara.

This could be the making of a new breed of babyfaces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:29 pm

am i the only one who looks at brodus clay and thinks george the animal steele?

sin cara debut should be awesome provided they let him do the move he knows and not make some new rudey poo up

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down