The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey's start to the season?

4 posters

Go down

Surrey's start to the season? Empty Surrey's start to the season?

Post by HappierSurreyFan Tue 1 May - 23:58

So how is everyone feeling about our start to the season??

Obviousley the weather has played a major role so far but had we just got that win against Middlesex I would be so much happier now.

Our bowling looks solid even taking into account that early season conditions have been helpfull, it looks ok with a bit of depth as well. Its
our batting thsat is still a worry as I am always just waiting for a collaspe. In the past it has been ok that our batsman play in an attacking
expressive manner as we have always had Ramps there as a safety net, a player who we could rely to consistantly get runs and spend long
periods at the crease but as the years have gone on he is not so consistant at this and we dont really have anyone else to do this role.

Anyway it could have been alot worse so fingers crossed for another victory soon

HappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Surrey's start to the season? Empty Re: Surrey's start to the season?

Post by guildfordbat Wed 2 May - 4:47

Happier - fair and understandable comments.

In some ways, it seems that the season has hardly started. Only just out of April. Dreadful weather. Few runs scored. Slow bowlers hardly had a twirl.

However, a quarter of this County Championship season is now over for us. That seems staggering.

I agree strongly that things would look so much better if we had beaten Middlesex. That would have given us 2 wins out of 4 and second place in the table - just one point off top spot.

I'll leave the Corporal to write Ramps' obituary. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Wed 2 May - 6:01

Quite hard to judge atm, the batting is the weak point but we are certainly not alone in that regard. We won the first game, should have won the second and were competitive in the third although it looked like we would lose from a potentially winning position.

I'd call it a decent start, nothing more, but some very encouraging signs from Meaker and Hyphen in particular.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 2 May - 8:02

Carrot some good comments there. The situation with Ramps is, frankly, rather sad but it is worrying that Brain is struggling as well as Winegums and Reindeer.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down