The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we leaving the PG era - Possible spoilers

+5
Ent
Gregers
Lowlandbrit
Statto00
Samo
9 posters

Go down

Are we leaving the PG era - Possible spoilers Empty Are we leaving the PG era - Possible spoilers

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 11:37 am

With the legitimate blood at Extreme Rules, Laurenitis' repeated chair shots and attack on Cena, Punk being smashed over the head with a bottle and Brock breaking HHH arm, are we finally getting away from the PG era?

Back to top Go down

Are we leaving the PG era - Possible spoilers Empty Re: Are we leaving the PG era - Possible spoilers

Post by Samo Tue May 01, 2012 11:41 am

While its certainly edgier i dont think we'll be out of PG in a while. We certainly wont see another attitude era.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Are we leaving the PG era - Possible spoilers Empty Re: Are we leaving the PG era - Possible spoilers

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Some of the recent stuff has been quite brutal though....

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue May 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Maybe it's more a case of the WWE realising what they can get away with under the auspices of "PG". The rest of telly has got more brutal pre-watershed in recent years, after all.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue May 01, 2012 5:10 pm

People focus on the rating too much. Smackdown has always been PG but that didn't stop it being interesting in the Attitude or Ruthless Aggression eras.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue May 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Simple answer, no we're not leaving PG anytime soon. However as Statto00 said WWE are pushing the boundaries. Throwing in my two cents the attitude era was actually pretty damn poor with some truly ludicrous angles. I personally think WWE are looking to get back to how the (Best era) Ruthless Aggression era worked.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Gregers wrote:Simple answer, no we're not leaving PG anytime soon. However as Statto00 said WWE are pushing the boundaries. Throwing in my two cents the attitude era was actually pretty damn poor with some truly ludicrous angles. I personally think WWE are looking to get back to how the (Best era) Ruthless Aggression era worked.

You jest surely?

I could handle overated, but poor?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue May 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Yes poor, go back and watch it and a vast portion of it was dire. Obviously a lot of what happened was very good and Rock/Austin/Hunter etc were brilliant but IMO the bad far outweighs the good.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Gregers wrote:Yes poor, go back and watch it and a vast portion of it was dire. Obviously a lot of what happened was very good and Rock/Austin/Hunter etc were brilliant but IMO the bad far outweighs the good.

Obviously there were ups and downs but I don't see how an era that included:

a peak SCSA, Rock, Mankind, UT, Kane, Jericho, Angle, HBK
DX, Mr McMahon, McMahon Helmsley regime
thriving tag division etc

could be seen as poor because Mark Henry gave birth to a hand and similar awful angles.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Attitude era wasn't great but it was the best time to watch wrestling for me.

Todays product is been really Gd since the punk shoot imo. Haven't really had to.complain about anything Tbh. Enjoying watching it. PPV'S have been at least a 7+ for me since then. Heel in a cell was probably the worst but that's because they hardly use it!!!!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed May 02, 2012 9:22 am

The Attitude Era was the GREATEST era in wrestling history. Simple. Period. Fact. Done. Finished. End of arguement!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed May 02, 2012 10:24 am

Golden Era was best who cares about boots to asses we want shoe laces to biceps

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed May 02, 2012 12:38 pm

The Attitude Era was a very good time for wrestling, but I've never been a great subscriber that was down to it being non-PG, WWE simply hit the jackpot that they had at the time the coming together of Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind and latterly Triple H and Kurt Angle each of these men are certainally all time greats and many are contenders for the greatest ever, if WWE hadn't found these I doubt the attitude era would be remembered as folndly as it is nor would WWE still be in buisness.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down